Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    here's a quick comparison with my Sprint Pre-

sorry for the poor quality pics...my macro camera is loaned out along with my couple stand lights to a buddy with an addiction to buying & selling baseball cards on ebay.

http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/a...o_shoulder.jpg
    Assuming they're the same buttons, the new silent mode switch seems about in the right location. The new power button is lower, off the shoulder. My scale is off on the pics. the new phone is much closer up than my Pre shot. We can't see the speaker hole.

http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/a...omparo_cam.jpg
    This camera comparison isn't as telling. It just seems like the flash is gone (form this corner, at least). And the new camera is moved up.
    Last edited by Nurgling; 02/02/2011 at 07:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    So an HP engineer and a Gizmodo reporter walk into a bar...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    And then !? !?
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    volume switch, just a style point to make it easuer to find. Word.
    Agreed about a switch of some kind.

the docking port idea is, of course, a very real possibility But something about the space between that piece and the casing make me feel like it is meant to have some movement designed into it, and is more likely a button or switch.

but then, still maybe its a port

good job Palm, you have my interest piqued on some little bit of plastic potentially no more enthralling than the aglet on my shoelace.
    There are four lights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurgling View Post
    here's a quick comparison with my Sprint Pre-

sorry for the poor quality pics...my macro camera is loaned out along with my couple stand lights to a buddy with an addiction to buying & selling baseball cards on ebay.
    Great comparison shots. Did they move the power button?

On the shot with the camera lens, you can't see the power button.
    Sprint Love
    too close to the corner to be a connector.
  6.    #106  
    This community never ceases to amaze me. Some really good guesses going on in here. I can't wait to see what HP has in store for us.
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
    something tells me this is Verizon's "pre 2".

i may be completely wrong, but info over the last few weeks points toward a quick release of product/s after announcement, and verizon has yet to launch the pre 2.

if i remember correctly, there was a rumor that verizon had returned their dummy units back to palm, why? Could it be that palm will revise the pre 2 before it launches on a US carrier?

since the pre 2 wasnt exactly a "hit" when announced, it makes sense to me.
    Last edited by GarrettQ; 02/02/2011 at 08:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
    something tells me this is Verizon's pre 2.

i may be completely wrong, but info over the last few weeks points toward a quick release of product/s after announcement, and verizon has yet to launch the pre 2.

if i remember correctly, there was a rumor that verizon had returned their dummy units back to palm, why? Could it be that palm will revise the pre 2 before it launches on a US carrier?

since the pre 2 wasnt exactly a "hit" when announced, it makes sense to me.
    Verizon will most likely get something maybe even the pre2 but that pic is not the pre2 for sure !!

ĦṔ-ḶψΨṫ-ŦḯΨη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Verizon will most likely get something maybe even the pre2 but that pic is not the pre2 for sure !!

Pre 2Ό ?

Finally I have a conclusion:
    The teaser video is part of a full upcoming video where the tablet and the smartphone are both connecting each other in some way. And maybe with other devices and accessories.

Stay tuned to that promo video.

yeah, its definately not the current pre 2, but my theory is that this phone will be what verizon launches in place of the pre 2. If it is verizon's pre successor, i think it will launch very soon after announcement.

if the silver dots do indeed show a dock connector of sorts, and the old touchstone doesnt work with new devices, it may also be wise to release this phone in the place of the current pre 2.
    My concerns are the siza and lack of flash. I dont want a smaller screen and i dont want a pre screen iand i want it on sprint so im part excited part nervous
    Even if this model has no camera flash .. It may be a lower end model

Global Posts
    483 Global Posts

Not the Pre 2 as we know it, no. I can't see them calling a new phone the Pre 2 either even if this comes out instead of the Pre 2 on Verizon. I do think it is a Pre 3/Pre successor though. I am also guessing it's bigger then the current Pre/2, though that is probably more wishful thinking.
    Apps:

Turn the Dial Radio Directory (Phones)
    8-bit Miner (TouchPad)
    Turn the Dial Digital Edition (TouchPad)
    Quote Originally Posted by delta7 View Post
    Looks like I'm selling my evo, i love webos still and with palm in the crapper hopefully the price will be low nib.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    You know HP/Palm loves to see stuff like this. Well, except for the "crapper" and "price low" stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    Guys I don΄t know if I am seeing birds but the image I am attaching here looks like a tablet.
    I mean when the video is not playing looks like a tablet ???

HP Palm USA|Mobile Products for Consumers, Professionals, and Businesses

I tried to watch the first teaser Think Beyond again and it is not now available on the above site now, but it shows just the image below. Would you make a try going to the site to see if you can play that video. I can΄t.

Derek : My guess: The first image when the video is not playing is a tablet and then when it is playing a phone. Teasing two devices a little bit.?
    I kinda thought that too (about the still). Then decided what it really looked like was the first teaser logo they came out on the invites. Now that I look at that again though, I was wrong. I think that first shadowed view is a tablet.

All this "examination" though is giving me a flashback. Most of you probably aren't old enough, but some are - Remeber back in the mid-60's and we thought Paul was dead, listening to "Come Together" over and over for clues, and playing "Revolution #9" backwards. I swear, I feel like it's jr high all over again
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    My concerns are the siza and lack of flash. I dont want a smaller screen and i dont want a pre screen iand i want it on sprint so im part excited part nervous
    I don't think they'd drop the flash. That was a selling point for the Pre. I can think of three different possibilities:

1. It's there, we just don't see it.
    2. It's on the other side of the back.
    3. The video isn't of a real device, but a mockup. The real device has it.

A guess a 4th possiblity is that I'm wrong, and they did away with it. But I don't like to think about that one. Besides, what're the chances that I could be wrong about something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    Not the Pre 2 as we know it, no. I can't see them calling a new phone the Pre 2 either even if this comes out instead of the Pre 2 on Verizon. I do think it is a Pre 3/Pre successor though. I am also guessing it's bigger then the current Pre/2, though that is probably more wishful thinking.
    umm you better go look at pre/central front page and see whats popped up on cellbrite in verizon lol its the pre2 ltm ltm ltm heres the link if you want to see ha ha !!

Verizon Pre 2 in CelleBrite system, smells slightly less of vapor | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community
    ĦṔ-ḶψΨṫ-ŦḯΨη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I kinda thought that too (about the still). Then decided what it really looked like was the first teaser logo they came out on the invites. Now that I look at that again though, I was wrong. I think that first shadowed view is a tablet.

All this "examination" though is giving me a flashback. Most of you probably aren't old enough, but some are - Remeber back in the mid-60's and we thought Paul was dead, listening to "Come Together" over and over for clues, and playing "Revolution #9" backwards. I swear, I feel like it's jr high all over again
    Lol.. No that would have to be a pic of Leo Apotheker, ruby, Phil Mckiny walking down abby road with a car parked in the back with a plate iDead

I can apple hate in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I don't think they'd drop the flash. That was a selling point for the Pre. I can think of three different possibilities:

1. It's there, we just don't see it.
    2. It's on the other side of the back.
    3. The video isn't of a real device, but a mockup. The real device has it.

A guess a 4th possiblity is that I'm wrong, and they did away with it. But I don't like to think about that one. Besides, what're the chances that I could be wrong about something?
    You forgot a low end model

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast