Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Guys I dont know if I am seeing birds but the image I am attaching here looks like a tablet.
    I mean when the video is not playing looks like a tablet ???

HP Palm USA|Mobile Products for Consumers, Professionals, and Businesses

I tried to watch the first teaser Think Beyond again and it is not now available on the above site now, but it shows just the image below. Would you make a try going to the site to see if you can play that video. I cant.

Derek : My guess: The first image when the video is not playing is a tablet and then when it is playing a phone. Teasing two devices a little bit.?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by akitayo; 02/02/2011 at 06:55 PM. Reason: more information
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    I don't think that's a 5 pin connector, that's a slider switch, probably ringer/vibrate mode.
    I was also leaning towards slider, til I noticed that it's shown in a center position as it has grooves on either side.
    @Garrett92C:
    Ah, there's the rub. I can't see it... on my Pre. :s

@Trekker:
    The Palm Tre? Um, probably not.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasetroncs View Post
    I was also leaning towards slider, til I noticed that it's shown in a center position as it has grooves on either side.
    Yeah, after watching it a few dozen more times, I'm not really sure what it is.
    Does anyone remember the mock up phone that looked like an overgrown pre ? That's what this pic is !!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I'm officially going with that one button is the New power button and the other is a on/off ringer switch.
    Quote Originally Posted by tdo View Post
    the 5 pin connector: i'd guess a magnetic connector for usb/charging, like apple laptops. Can't imagine what else it could be, as there aren't holes on the side for the mechanical retention that would be required for a traditional connector.
    The old treo has 3 such holes, one used for the power-only connector, the oters for the data/charging connector.
    HA! I hope I was right!!
    Anyone thinking that this little clip is going to become a full blown teaser to run during the Superbowl to get people paying attention to their event on 02/09?
    definitely a phone. The camera lens wouldn't be situated that close to the edge on a tablet. It would look weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    The first and third images are definitely the same device.

First: (viewing from back) Top left of phone
    Third: (viewing from front) Top right of phone
    Let me dream.. Jeez...
    flip phone
    I am actually thinking this: http://media.precentral.net/resource...easer-dock.png

could be the volume buttons. Think of it as a sensor. Run your finger down the sensors it decreases the volume, run it up the sensors it increases the volume. Ok I am completely making this up, but I think that would solve a lot peoples problems with the volume buttons breaking.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Wouldn't bother me a bit. I liked the Pre form factor. Interestingly, in the last 7 days, I've had opportunity to use (briefly, each) an Evo and an iPhone. Didn't like the size of either, or the boxiness.
    I agree rounded edges are nice. Pre form factor is great for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    I am actually thinking this:
    could be the volume buttons. Think of it as a sensor. Run your finger down the sensors it decreases the volume, run it up the sensors it increases the volume. Ok I am completely making this up, but I think that would solve a lot peoples problems with the volume buttons breaking.
    Based on the comments and what was recently posted on the front page, it seems it's a port to make some sort of connection... but I like the way you think.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Well, we're on Gizmodo's radar with the tease video-ette:

Palm Gets Seductive With Latest webOS Tablet Tease

OK, I had been staying cool, resigning myself to Sprint's ******* child status, not hoping for much. This has just blown all of that out of the water!

Help me!!!!!!
    Last edited by davidtm; 02/02/2011 at 07:14 PM. Reason: ******* = illegitimate child
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    I am actually thinking this: http://media.precentral.net/resource...easer-dock.png

Just my two cents that could be the charger port. The jawbone 2 had a magnetic charging port.
    volume switch, just a style point to make it easuer to find. Word.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I love the little teaser video. Nice job HP! This is what I get from the video...I definitely see some sort of slide switch(ringer on/off?), and right next to it is a push button switch(power on/off?). There is a glimpse of the edge of a flat screen, looking similar to the Pre 2 screen edge. The second camera pan could be a new touchstone type connector, or maybe some new volume button? There is also a camera, but they don't show a flash, which may be located a little further from it, if it even exists. There is also a glimpse of a speaker grill(or mic grill) to the right of the camera, and it looks nice and long, which could mean a nice loud speaker(please be speaker grill!!). As for size, that's pretty hard to tell. It might be around the size of a Pre, or maybe even smaller.
    Palm Pre on Sprint. WebOS 1.4.5
    If I helped you, a thanks would be much appreciated (Thanks button located on right side)
    All your guys' questions will be answered. Soon! This is so exciting
    I do hope it has a little bit bigger of a screen though, I do love the form factor of the Pre but would still like a little bit more viewable area.

Also, did anyone watch the second video (the one of the PAAALLLMMM guy)?

Did it sound like they were talking about Angry Birds in the beginning?
    Sprint Love
    So an HP engineer and a Gizmodo reporter walk into a bar...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast