Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314 LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 261
  1. #241  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooknn View Post
    Yes. But nowhere near as elegant as the buttons in the "tease" video. Are we so sure it's a phone and not a tablet? How about a tablet without a huge freaking bezel?
    as someone who uses a "fruit" flavored tablet, the bezel is necessary for me. maybe not for others.
  2. #242  
    Disregard this post.

    As filler, I shall once again express my excitement for Feb 9.

    YAY!!!
  3. shloime's Avatar
    Posts
    117 Posts
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    #243  
    watching the video, makes me wonder : the same size screen as the pre , nothing around , and much thinner than the pre? Would that be the smallest smartphone ?
  4. #244  
    Grreeeeeat threeeead!
  5. cntchds's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    #245  
    just to prove a point, I'm using the virtual keyboard on my Pre - for the rest of this post.

    ch the pre's screen is way too small foe a virrual keyboaed. i can nor even see what i'm ttping since the screen is covered on keyboard


    Back to the physical keyboard:
    that all said, I hope any keyboard-less phones Palm comes out with has a much larger screen than the Pre.
  6. cooknn's Avatar
    Posts
    388 Posts
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    #246  
    After thinking about this for a couple days, here is my guess as to what we are seeing. It's not a phone, these are extreme close-up's of a tablet. With sexy buttons. And Gorilla Glass. And a front facing camera. And a slide-out keyboard.
  7. #247  
    Don't know if this was posted, but this is from pdadb,
    HP Palm Topaz 64GB Specs | Technical Specifications | PDAdb.net - Comprehensive Database of Smartphone, PDA, PDA Phone, PNA, netbook & Mobile Device Specifications.
    Check out the battery, 6300mAh. The blackberry playbook is listed at 5300mAh. I recall seing a post regarding RIM stating their battery life would be way more than the ipad. Also, do you guys recall HP shrinking the battery for a smaller form factor...guess we don't have to worry about charging every hour, haha.
  8. #248  
    also I was thinking we are looking maybe to much into it:

    think big could just mean the tablets, and think small could be smartphones

    the smallest phone could mean the thinnest, and lightest not necessarily tiny like the pixi was with a small screen and what not. I myself wouldnt mind either or both a pre form factor with a 3.5 inch screen min slide out made of glass and either metal, or high end plastic. Or a pixi type phone with a 3.2 or 3.3 inch screen with the keyboard on the front too. Then a slab 4 inch phone, though all with high end internal specs. though I myself am sure it all will have high end specs, just considering the pre 2 and how much power needed to just run Webos 2.0 efficently.
  9. #249  
    Read an article which very matter of factly said the Mansion is a 5 inch phone.
  10. #250  
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_deck View Post
    Read an article which very matter of factly said the Mansion is a 5 inch phone.
    Where's the article? Link?
  11. #251  
    I'm just skeptical of everything until the 9th. It's too close to it being time to play the guessing game. Time to put my feet up and get ready for great news!

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums


    My Themes:CLICK HERE
  12. #252  
    In Google type: HP Mansion 5 inch and there'll be pages of articles, but here's the one I read.

    5-inch Palm Mansion Coming In Q1 2011 | TheTechJournal.com
  13. #253  
    I really cant see a market for a 5" device. Thats really a tweener, too big for a phone and too small for a tablet if you ask me.
  14. #254  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkj View Post
    I really cant see a market for a 5" device. Thats really a tweener, too big for a phone and too small for a tablet if you ask me.
    I completely agree! My phone has a 4.3" screen and it's the perfect size. While holding it with one hand, I can comfortably reach everything with my thumb. If it was even slightly bigger, I wouldn't be able to...

    Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  15. #255  
    on anaylst thinks this is what will be shown wed:


    One new tablet, based on the Palm webOS software, will have a 9.7-inch screen like Apple's iPad

    A second webOS tablet will have a 7-inch screen, like the Dell Streak

    A new model of the Palm Pre smartphone

    Possibly one or more printers that use webOS


    also a very good read on what they think HP will do in this oversaturated mobile market:

    HP readies for its big mobile push - San Jose Mercury News
  16. #256  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    on anaylst thinks this is what will be shown wed:


    One new tablet, based on the Palm webOS software, will have a 9.7-inch screen like Apple's iPad

    A second webOS tablet will have a 7-inch screen, like the Dell Streak

    A new model of the Palm Pre smartphone

    Possibly one or more printers that use webOS


    also a very good read on what they think HP will do in this oversaturated mobile market:

    HP readies for its big mobile push - San Jose Mercury News
    Anyone who has been keeping up with the recent leaks could easily make that same prediction. Lol

    Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  17. #257  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    also a very good read on what they think HP will do in this oversaturated mobile market:


    well...i don't know if we'd all agree that it's "oversaturated". that's just their way of saying "wow, we have so many choices!". variety does not equate to oversaturation. perhaps the Android mobile market is oversaturated...but i wouldn't agree that the entire mobile market is.
  18. #258  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Anyone who has been keeping up with the recent leaks could easily make that same prediction. Lol

    Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    correct, but its interesting to see what people think will be reveled out there, because some only think a tablet and that HP has still abondoned the smartphone market. It is also a good read
  19. #259  
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    well...i don't know if we'd all agree that it's "oversaturated". that's just their way of saying "wow, we have so many choices!". variety does not equate to oversaturation. perhaps the Android mobile market is oversaturated...but i wouldn't agree that the entire mobile market is.
    thats def true, but as I stated before that most people, and I think that Android saturates the mobile division I get nothing but maddddd hate mail lol
  20. #260  
    Hi all,

    The wait is almost over..It will be Feb 6th in just a few hours...therefore the 9th will be here ASAP! Take care,

    jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group

Posting Permissions