Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 LastLast
    Relax people. LOL

I was just rambling off features that would be nice to have in a phone.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Exactly. I really believe most of the people complaining that the pre2 isn't enough, mostly hate the screen size and hate that it looks just like the pre.

Take the internals of the pre2 and put it into a slab with a 4" screen and most of those crybabies will suddenly consider it cutting edge.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Definitely not cutting edge, but that would be a huge improvement. (in my opinion)

Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Exactly. I really believe most of the people complaining that the pre2 isn't enough, mostly hate the screen size and hate that it looks just like the pre.

Take the internals of the pre2 and put it into a slab with a 4" screen and most of those crybabies will suddenly consider it cutting edge.

So just because people don't like the Pre2's form factor, that means they are crybabies? Maybe it means they prefer something else...

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    So just because people don't like the Pre2's form factor, that means they are crybabies? Maybe it means they prefer something else...

+147,895,721.73

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Definitely not cutting edge, but that would be a huge improvement. (in my opinion)

No need to get into an arms race with Android manufacturers. Produce various form factors with competitive specs and go from there.

Are you trying to hurt me?

No it doesn't. If HP does as Phil Mckinney said they would, which is to release a webOS phone every two months, then one could conclude that there will be something for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    No need to get into an arms race with Android manufacturers. Produce various form factors with competitive specs and go from there.

Agreed. Hardware is only one part of the experience. Without a great OS to go with it, the hardware is worthless.

interesting theory there...people not likeing Pre form factor because of the deplorable hardware track record of the Pre-. Tell me that you wouldn't immediately check for the oreo-effect when you first pick up a Pre2 or whatever that is in the sneak peek.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I hope one of those buttons fires up the camera like now.
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurgling View Post
    interesting theory there...people not likeing Pre form factor because of the deplorable hardware track record of the Pre-. Tell me that you wouldn't immediately check for the oreo-effect when you first pick up a Pre2 or whatever that is in the sneak peek.
    I wouldn't bc I haven't had those problems with my AT&T Pre +, but I am aware that others have so those people prolly would do that.

What do you consider to be a "superphobe"? ...
    Somebody with a psychological aversion to a super-hero?
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Somebody with a psychological aversion to a super-hero?
    Hahaha!

Oops...

Where does it stop?
    It stops when the smartphone bubble bursts, causing the superrecession of 2016.

No. I just get tired of people on here that talk as if the pre2 was obsolete @ launch, when it's cpu and technical abilities were on par with any phone released in Q4.

I personally want a bigger screen than the pre, but to say the pre2 hardware is somehow inferior to the status quo is a bit obtuse.

Needs things like:
    - Front facing camera
    - HDMI out
    - Compass
    - Micro SD slot
    - 4G radio
    - Dual core processor
    - More RAM
    - Larger screen

There's more, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head. Having those features listed above would be great!

More RAM? It has 525MB of ram ... thats about the same as any smart phone on the market today.

So if it had a big honking screen & dual core processor would it be a super phone?

What if the first new phone only had a 3.5 in screen, Pre form factor and a 1 ghz processor and a compass & gyroscope? Would it a super phone?

What if they released a 4.3 in screen phone with a 1.2 ghz dual processor and no compass? Is it a super phone?

Point being, what constitutes a super phone to one person is totally diff for the next person.

Hey now, I was not the one saying the Pre 2 needed an upgrade! I think the Pre 2 IS a good device. It has a OMAP 3 1ghz processor, 525mb of ram, WebOS 2.0 ... to me that says it is a strong device. I was referring to the discussion we had WAY back when the Pre 2 was first announced. I asked why the Pre 2 was not a "superphone" and many, many people responded with features I never even cared about. Like a compass. I mean, yes, there are a lot of good uses for it -- I just don't see myself using them.

Ergo, I did not have a list because I didn't care to remember a list of features I did not care about. About the only feature I want the Pre 2 (or next HP phone) to have is 4G WiMAX because that would mean it is on Sprint . If I could get the SAME specs on the Pre 2, 3.5 inch screen, great keyboard and Sprint WiMAX I would be set and that would be my superphone!

Of course I am easy to please ... apparently, people want more from a phone these days.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    just saw an image of the ipad in an article about a potential iPad 2 release
    notice the lens placement...
    Corner buttons!
    http://cdn.slashgear.com/wp-content/...h-580x3261.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooknn View Post
    Wow it has buttons

ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Where does smartphone end and superphone begin?
    With the cape. A superphone must have a cape.
    And wear underwear on the outside of his pants!

Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Wow it has buttons
    Yes. But nowhere near as elegant as the buttons in the "tease" video. Are we so sure it's a phone and not a tablet? How about a tablet without a huge freaking bezel?