Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Plus a friend of mine had an app on his iPhone, it used the camera and if you pointed it to the sky, UFOs would appear to be shot down. Kind of neat. It's an early example of where the tech is heading.
    Yeah...one step ahead of a fart app.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    It's almost getting time for today's release of a few more seconds of the HP video.
    It would be pretty cool if Palm really did release a new teaser video everyday leading up to the Feb 9th event.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    I hope they release it AFTER I'm done with class so I can watch it. Ha

Power hour here I come.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Yeah...one step ahead of a fart app.
    LOL

I don't think I care about that actual app. Was just using it as an example of a starting point to augmented reality. This is just the beginning stages of it and it has some great potential in the near future. Another app, not a fart type, that looks cool is the one where you can point the camera in the sky and it labels the stars and junk overhead. Why it can't find heaven, IDK??? I thought it was just above the clouds??? Oh wait, that's Cloud City with Lando.

Did you watch the videos I linked? That shooter game looks cool and the other showed an app where you could search for apartments and it would show you in real time what direction they were with aprox. pricing and distance.
    Global Posts
    354 Global Posts
    5 days 22:22:00 to go! Wooo Hooo!
    - Sent from my HTC Evo 3D
    Quote Originally Posted by Melaza View Post
    5 days 22:22:00 to go! Wooo Hooo!
    Meh, my wife informed me that I am to buy her a TouchPad/PalmPad for V-Day. IDK where she thinks all this money I am supposed to have is.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Meh, my wife informed me that I am to buy her a TouchPad/PalmPad for V-Day. IDK where she thinks all this money I am supposed to have is.
    I'd be sort of surprised if it were available for sale by V-Day. Tell her it'll be a " " gift.
    Hmm... Palm will probably upload new teaser videos to the same place as the last two.

http://palm.cdnetworks.net/teaser/Pa...lackTeaser.mov

The first two were Palm_BlackOnBlackTeaser1.mov and Palm_BlackOnBlackTeaser2.mov

Maybe the next one will be Palm_BlackOnBlackTeaser3.mov

Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    I wouldn't completely rule out a tablet. Just because the lens is near the corner doesn't necessarily mean it's a phone.
    just saw an image of the ipad in an article about a potential iPad 2 release
    notice the lens placement...

http://www.macnotes.de/gimages/iphon...pad_mockup.jpg

Interesting find. I still think Palm's video is showing a phone though. Since it obviously has a slider, it can't be a tablet. Unless it's a tablet with a slide out keyboard? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    And besides a larger screen, what exactly does the Pre 2 need to "upgrade"?
    This has been talked about millions of times. It lacks a bunch of features that "super phones" have such as ... well .... um ... compass? Um, a superman symbol? LOL ok i kid there. But I don't have a list but listen to some of these guys and just do a quick search in the forum for "Pre 2". You'd probably run across one of the millions examples and discussons of how the Pre 2 is not a "super phone".
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    This has been talked about millions of times. It lacks a bunch of features that "super phones" have such as ... well .... um ... compass? Um, a superman symbol? LOL ok i kid there. But I don't have a list but listen to some of these guys and just do a quick search in the forum for "Pre 2". You'd probably run across one of the millions examples and discussons of how the Pre 2 is not a "super phone".
    Needs things like:
    - Front facing camera
    - HDMI out
    - Compass
    - Micro SD slot
    - 4G radio
    - Dual core processor
    - More RAM
    - Larger screen

There's more, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head. Having those features listed above would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    So if it had a big honking screen & dual core processor would it be a super phone?

What if the first new phone only had a 3.5 in screen, Pre form factor and a 1 ghz processor and a compass & gyroscope? Would it a super phone?

What if they released a 4.3 in screen phone with a 1.2 ghz dual processor and no compass? Is it a super phone?

Point being, what constitutes a super phone to one person is totally diff for the next person.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    So an HP engineer and a Gizmodo reporter walk into a bar...
    HP: I really only have a minute, lots going on at HP right now.

GZMO: I'm sure! Just wanted to thank you again for the early look. It's amazing!

HP: Yeah, lots of long hours of work and reading Pre Central went into it.

GZMO: Can you believe the thread on Pre Central about the tease videos has over 6,000 views in just a few days?

HP: Yep, and Pre Central is an amazing resource for us. We use it to stay in touch with what Pre People want.

GZMO: I just finished writing my review. And I believe Dieter is about done with his. Once these reviews hit the 'Net, you won't be able to build these phones fast enough!

HP: We're hoping! Thanks again, I really have to be going.

GZMO: Yeah, me too. <Both get up to leave. The Gizmodo reporter points to a rounded, black object on the table> Dude! Don't be leaving your Pre 1000 in the bar!
    Sharp YO-370 -> HP 200LX -> Palm m125 -> Palm Treo 680 -> Pre 2

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." -Albert Einstein

Corner lens placement is a good idea because it works in portrait or landscape.
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    So if it had a big honking screen & dual core processor would it be a super phone?

What if the first new phone only had a 3.5 in screen, Pre form factor and a 1 ghz processor and a compass & gyroscope? Would it a super phone?

What if they released a 4.3 in screen phone with a 1.2 ghz dual processor and no compass? Is it a super phone?

Point being, what constitutes a super phone to one person is totally diff for the next person.

I applaud your logic, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post

What do you consider to be a "superphobe"? Where does smartphone end and superphone begin?

Personally, I think the whole "superphone" thing is kinda dumb. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Needs things like:
    - Front facing camera
    - HDMI out
    - Compass
    - Micro SD slot
    - 4G radio
    - Dual core processor
    - More RAM
    - Larger screen

There's more, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head. Having those features listed above would be great!

So how many of those items does a phone need to have before it can be classified as super? What if one of those things isn't present?

How much more RAM? Is the iphone not a super phone bc it doesn't have some of things? Is the Droid X not a super phone bc it's missing some of those items?

I'm askin bc everyones criteria for a super phone is different. How about a good phone that is super to you? Does it take all of the things above for a phone to be good? Some of the things above for the phone to be good?

Where does it stop?

Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by gaudenti View Post
    HP: Yep, and Pre Central is an amazing resource for us. We use it to stay in touch with what Pre People want.
    Hahahaha! This is the best part.

Exactly. I really believe most of the people complaining that the pre2 isn't enough, mostly hate the screen size and hate that it looks just like the pre.

Take the internals of the pre2 and put it into a slab with a 4" screen and most of those crybabies will suddenly consider it cutting edge.