Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    there doesn't necessarily have to be a direct Pre-successor right now.
    Oh yes there does. Immediately.
    And besides a larger screen, what exactly does the Pre 2 need to "upgrade"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Camera and screen res. Front facing cam would be nice too
    Front facing cam would be cool, but I wouldn't use it. Hopefully they spend the extra man hours/money on something more useful.
    Sprint Love
    just because it isnt useful to you doesnt mean it isnt useful.
    Never said it wasn't useful, I said I was hoping they'd spend it on something MORE useful than that. It certainly is a great gimmick but a front cam isn't useful beyond skype. And I don't know many people who use their front cam everyday.
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Front facing cam would be cool, but I wouldn't use it. Hopefully they spend the extra man hours/money on something more useful.
    Yup, cool, but not useful for me either.

I want:
    Autofocus (looks like may be coming)
    Better flash for camera
    Compass/gyroscope
    Higher capacity battery
    Larger screen (not so large that it isnít comfortable in oneís pocket)

I think it is a given that it will have a better CPU than the Pre 2, so I didnít include that in the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    A keyboard that works. And on the software front, true document editing, flash, a better browser...
    February 9, 2011 - A case study in how not to introduce new products.
    What benefits would/could the compass/gyroscope bring? I know some details, but if you know more that'd be great to hear.

Other than that, I agree with you on every other point.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullroarer Took View Post
    A keyboard that works. And on the software front, true document editing, flash, a better browser...
    What's wrong with the keyboard? And so, the Pre 2 doesn't need to improve.. the software does..?
    Sprint Love
    Never said it wasn't useful, I said I was hoping they'd spend it on something MORE useful than that. It certainly is a great gimmick but a front cam isn't useful beyond skype. And I don't know many people who use their front cam everyday.
    What would be more usefull? Not argumentative just curious?

I dont need a front came but i like it. It makes for great slef portraits which is a cool usefull feature in itself, probably much more so then skype. Also i use vidoe chat with friends from back home and wohld love it so me and my brother and best friend in fl can video chat. Front came also is usefull as a mirror. Ive seen people use it for self portraits the most though.
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    What would be more usefull? Not argumentative just curious?

I dont need a front came but i like it. It makes for great slef portraits which is a cool usefull feature in itself, probably much more so then skype. Also i use vidoe chat with friends from back home and wohld love it so me and my brother and best friend in fl can video chat. Front came also is usefull as a mirror. Ive seen people use it for self portraits the most though.
    Totally understand that some people love to have it, but the items listed above by sinime are some more useful items.

Maybe throw some 3D into that, ltm just kidding.
    Sprint Love
    What benefits would/could the compass/gyroscope bring? I know some details, but if you know more that'd be great to hear.
    Improved navigation.
    AR (Layar, etc.)
    Expanded and improved gaming

As for the front-facing cam, I see it being very useful on a tablet...not so much on a handset. I just don't see myself video chatting with a little (relative to the tablet, of course) phone. I can definitely see myself using it on a tablet...video chatting with my wife when she travels, with my out-of-state family, that sort of thing.
    What's wrong with the keyboard? And so, the Pre 2 doesn't need to improve.. the software does..?
    I'm speechless. The keyboard sucks. This has been discussed on many posts by many people. And it's not just a size thing. (Though presumably a bigger leyboard would come along with a bigger screeen.) My "L" is on permanent vacation. Other letters clock in or out on their own time. Maybe you don't use the keyboard much, but I do. In fact, on my previous phone - a Moto Q9m, I would write reports on it while on a plane. This was actually more comfortable for me than hunching over a keyboard. No way I could do that on the Pre even IF there were proper software support.
    February 9, 2011 - A case study in how not to introduce new products.
    I guess I haven't paid much attention to the Pre 2, as I've been waiting for Feb 9th. But that's just like the Pre's keyboard and it does suck but if that's the only thing that's needing improvement, Ill take that as a win.
    Sprint Love
    Pre 2 needs:
    Bigger screen (3.5-4")
    Better keyboard (think blackberry)
    Bigger Battery

and a bonus would be:
    More secure power button and an easier to remove back

HP Webos needs a phone to show it... Pre 2 ain't worthy of being that phone.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Count me in on a better keyboard! Although, it could be worse...and it was! I remember how bad mine was (launch day VZW Pre+) in the beginning (not Genesis 1:1, I'm not THAT old...). One of the OS upgrades really improved it, but it still is difficult. I'm always correcting words where the K or the C (those two are in cahoots with each other, I'm convinced!) or other letters too just won't register without a significant amount of pressure on the key. I am starting to get more double letters too...probably because I'm pressing harder now to try and improve my accuracy. The Pre keyboard is nicer, more 'clicky' if that is the right word. It responds better to a keypress.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

I have to give it to HP/Palm. The fact that they have gone this long without one leak of a unit in the wild is pretty amazing these days. There are still 5 days to go but they sure have done a good job keeping this thing a secret. I even feel like the rendering leaks were a set-up.

Other than that, I agree with you on every other point.
    Augmented reality is what a compass/gyroscope is needed for.

BBC NEWS | Technology | Mobile phones get cyborg vision

Iíve seen some android shots of what I think was a map type app and as you pointed the phone camera down a street, the app would overlay street names and what/where businesses were. Plus a friend of mine had an app on his iPhone, it used the camera and if you pointed it to the sky, UFOs would appear to be shot down. Kind of neat. It's an early example of where the tech is heading.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullroarer Took View Post
    I'm speechless. The keyboard sucks. This has been discussed on many posts by many people.
    What model? The Pre or Pre+? I have a Pre and haven't had any problems with the keyboard. I like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    What model? The Pre or Pre+? I have a Pre and haven't had any problems with the keyboard. I like it.
    My Pixi keyboard is problem-free too (knock on wood).