1. kin
    Has anyone successfully used a fax program for the Treo? Mark/Space Fax doesn't seem to work properly for me. Data is garbled upon receipt and the Treo has to be reset after using the fax.

Any suggestions for a program with a small footprint?
    i have had no problems with the fax program I love it. I would trade the unlock code for the unlock code for the sms program from pda apps. anyone interested?
    Originally posted by NOFEARPI
    i have had no problems with the fax program I love it. I would trade the unlock code for the unlock code for the sms program from pda apps. anyone interested?
    Go to <http://www.markspace.com/> and purchase your own unlock code.
    i have purchased 3 or 4 programs from pdaapps for the treo and for my old samsung I 300. but I refuse to give them another nickel when I bought picture caller I'd it kept crashing my samsung when I bought the dialer program it crashed my treo. my big problem is pdaapps puts out questionable and unreliable programs and then I got the run around from support and I ended up being stuck with useless programs. so scott take care of disatisfied customers before you try to rope in new customers with the same unstable programs. I do like the sms program but like I said I won't spend another nickel with pdaapps because he still hasn't fixed the problems with old software.

ok i'm ready flame away
    Originally posted by NOFEARPI
    i have purchased 3 or 4 programs from pdaapps for the treo and for my old samsung I 300. but I refuse to give them another nickel when I bought picture caller I'd it kept crashing my samsung when I bought the dialer program it crashed my treo. my big problem is pdaapps puts out questionable and unreliable programs and then I got the run around from support and I ended up being stuck with useless programs. so scott take care of disatisfied customers before you try to rope in new customers with the same unstable programs. I do like the sms program but like I said I won't spend another nickel with pdaapps because he still hasn't fixed the problems with old software.

ok i'm ready flame away
    I'm not affiliated wth PDAApps. I do some development for Mark/Space (the Fax program). I probably misundertstood your message; if you're looking to buy the fax prorgram (if you don't already own it), you can go to the URL I mentioned.
    I tried the demo for Mark/Space Fax but unable to send Faxes using the Treo 270. I have contacted t-mobile and they state I have fax service. I get the no carrier message. Any suggestions as I really would like to be able to Fax from my Treo.

Frank
    In my experience, NO CARRIER indicates that fax service is NOT turned on. Despite what T-Mobile tells you, I don't think it is turned on. When I got my Treo 180 on Cingular, they had to put me through to tech support to get it activated because the front line people didn't have a clue. When they setup fax, they should have given you a separate inbound fax number, also (not that you'll use it, but they should have given it to you).
  8. kin
    I have no problem getting it to work, but the fax message that is send is messed up and full of errors. There's also an error message at the end that says "Bad Retrain" or something like that. Thereafter the phone stops receiving calls and requires an on/off action to get it to work again.

The reason I can't try again to check the error message again is now the program fails to handshake with the fax machine after dialing through. A message "cant read page" comes up.

The program works fine in the m505 with Nokia 8321 with faxes being sent properly. It just doesn't work with the Treo.
    Originally posted by kin
    I have no problem getting it to work, but the fax message that is send is messed up and full of errors. There's also an error message at the end that says "Bad Retrain" or something like that. Thereafter the phone stops receiving calls and requires an on/off action to get it to work again.

The reason I can't try again to check the error message again is now the program fails to handshake with the fax machine after dialing through. A message "cant read page" comes up.

The program works fine in the m505 with Nokia 8321 with faxes being sent properly. It just doesn't work with the Treo.
    I've seen mixed results with the Treo. This issue is being looked at.
    Originally posted by frankochal
    I tried the demo for Mark/Space Fax but unable to send Faxes using the Treo 270. I have contacted t-mobile and they state I have fax service. I get the no carrier message. Any suggestions as I really would like to be able to Fax from my Treo.

Frank
    I am from Singapore and uses the Treo 180g to send fax with MarkSpace Fax for Palm. After installing the registered version of M/S Fax and configured the User Settings and Modem Config on the Treo, I also got the no carrier message although Treo was able to connect and switched to fax mode.

From postings in the forum, I learnt that the fax mode has to be activated by the telco. I then checked with local telco MobileOne in Singapore and activated the eFax service for my Treo. One time registration fee is US$3 (during 1 month promotion period else its US$6) monthly subscription of US$3.00 and US$0.06 per minute for actual usage of the fax service.

I was able to fax on the Treo after the efax service was activated.
    Works great!
    <!-- sig -->
    <div>
    <font color="blue"><font size="1"><b>&quot;A Decade Ago, Simply Palm. Now, its a Palm for All.&quot;</b></font></font><br />
    <a href="http://www.phlog.net/user/thimbuktu" target="_blank"><b>Thimbuktu Phlog</a> </font></a>
    </div>
    <!-- / sig -->