View Poll Results: How many devices do you think they will announce on feb9th?

Voters
181. You may not vote on this poll

2 1.10%

14 7.73%

65 35.91%

55 30.39%

39 21.55%

4 2.21%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 10 or more

2 1.10%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1.    #61  
    now we know it officially from HPs mouth:

There will be 3 new devices with webOS today!

They said so in an eMail to german news media today.
    see here: http://www.webos-blog.de/2011-02-09-...her-countdown/

BUT...they did link to a new german teaser website, which resembles the former US teaser website.
    The difference is...HP in the US added the fourth sentence 'think ahead' so maybe, they decided to show us a fourth device, too? We will see...

Thanks for voting! :-)
    Last edited by rot; 02/09/2011 at 07:20 AM.
    I see pandas.
  3. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post

BUT...they did link to a new german teaser website, which resembles the former US teaser website.
    The difference is...HP in the US added the fourth sentence 'think ahead' so maybe, they decided to show us a fourth device, too? We will see...

Thanks for voting! :-)
    Reading the site, the guy claims that the email said "HP announces three new products with WebOS" - so I'm guess two tablets and a phone.
  4.    #64  
    I would hope so...2 tablets and a slate phone would be perfect. so the Pre2 can live on for some months and get a proper replacement at around the release of the iPhone5.

but back to the different teaser websites... maybe from the beginning, it was 1 tablet, 1 phone and webOS 3 but now they added a fourth 'think' to show, which is the second tablet?

something changed, that's clear, otherwise they wouldn't have had to add the fourth sentence to their claim...
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    so the Pre2 can live on for some months
    Live on where? I think the Pre2 has been written off.

but back to the different teaser websites... maybe from the beginning, it was 1 tablet, 1 phone and webOS 3 but now they added a fourth 'think' to show, which is the second tablet?
    In the time between sending out an email today and this evening? I can't see how that is possible.
    I think it's pretty likely that whomever did the german site just omitted the 'think ahead' either accidentally or ignorantly.
  7. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Re-reading it, the guy on the german site says that the subject of the email was:

"The countdown begins: HP today introduces three new products with HP WebOS"

(or similar, I'm not great with tenses in German).
    I think that they'll show what they currently have ready And from the leaked HP document, the 7in pad won't be released until Sept. I doubt that the 7in is ready. I can see HP showing the 9in pad, Pixi replacement and the Pre 3.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Live on where? I think the Pre2 has been written off.

In the time between sending out an email today and this evening? I can't see how that is possible.
    Ha ha the Pre2 written off ??? Hows that ? It's coming out on the 17th on verizon lol

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    A Notebook, a phone and the 9" Tablet. Together with worldwide shipping of the Pre2. That's what I am thinking.
    If you read the first comment on the German site, it's good to see that even the German folk in our community joke (joke?) about a webOS toaster.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Now this is just plain funny... via Twitter:

RT: I'm just sayin', if @palm doesn't release #webOS jetpacks today I'm gone. /via @suburban_war
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    Now this is just plain funny... via Twitter:

RT: I'm just sayin', if @palm doesn't release #webOS jetpacks today I'm gone. /via @suburban_war

That is funny lol

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ...and if the DO release a webOS jetpack today, I'm screwed....

I'll have to steal from the kids college fund to get one.

sorry kids. ;-) I guess it's the kids who will get screwed. oh well. ;-)
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234