View Poll Results: How many devices do you think they will announce on feb9th?

Voters
181. You may not vote on this poll

2 1.10%

14 7.73%

65 35.91%

55 30.39%

39 21.55%

4 2.21%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 10 or more

2 1.10%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WyreNut View Post
    3 = Big, Small, Beyond.

WyreNut
    What about 'Think ahead'? 4, then.
    And I voted 6, why?;

At least one tablet will be announced, but I am going for them both being announced (7" & 9").

At least two phones will be announced (A sub 3" phone and a 3.7"-4.3" phone), with the 3.7" and the 4.3" likely to be two phone making a total of three, I am just going to go with two phones.

A WebOS printer/tablet hybrid, most likely a printer with an integrated touch screen and one with A dock able tablet, the latter will most likely look like WebOS, but not actually be it (it would be a modified stripped down version).

A WebOS netbook or smartbook or notbook, Rumours seem to point to there being something along these lines, at least a tablet with a landscape keyboard.

A WebOS watch, I do not think so. Even if there is one it would most likely be a glorified receiver with some applications (think A competently implemented ipod nano watch, that looks like WebOS).

And please note that this is purely formed from rumours and speculation and, more importantly, this is just my opinion.
    5 my buddy works for palm and he said 5 and ive seen all the new ones dummy versions there pretty nice
    Quote Originally Posted by 74sickness View Post
    5 my buddy works for palm and he said 5 and ive seen all the new ones dummy versions there pretty nice
    12345. You may be right.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    I really want to see a slim, slab phone. The keyboard makes the phone pretty chubby.
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    hey soorma what have you heard lately ???
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    I am wondering how many new devices will we see on feb9th?

my guess is 2 tablets, 2 phones, 1 watch and 1 music player maybe?

+ netbook? + toaster?

please specify your vote below!
    I would hope that they would atleast show 2 phones and I' def sure they will show a tablet or too.I hope they show more the 2 phones though.Anything else is anyones guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    I really want to see a slim, slab phone. The keyboard makes the phone pretty chubby.
    what about if they made a pre like phone with a bigger screen(3.7-4inch screen)slimmer/sleeker? Then that would be a great phone.
    I hope it's three or four phones because that would cover all form factors or most.Maybe a printer with a tablet dock,and def a tablet.I was wondering about a ipod touch like device running webos.Don't forget Jon Rubinstien was a key player in the inventing of the first Ipod so it's not impossible for webOs to come out with one.Its def something new.Maybe it can get music player remix on there.
    A watch running webos,idk how important or needed it would be but It could possibly work.
    5= 2 tablets + 2 phones + 1 watch
    4 you can buy. Several more on the horizon that hook into the 4 you can buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    hey soorma what have you heard lately ???

Once Jackson proved wrong about Palm, I don't trust him for Palm info (which is weird since his EVO stuff was spot-on). So, I haven't heard anything.

Was that sarcasm?

And I also agree that a slimmer keyboard phone would be awesome too.
    Last edited by Soorma; 02/03/2011 at 06:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    Once Jackson proved wrong about Palm, I don't trust him for Palm info (which is weird since his EVO stuff was spot-on). So, I haven't heard anything.

Was that sarcasm?

And I also agree that a slimmer keyboard phone would be awesome too.
    no sarcasm at you i was just wondering where you been . sorry jackson didnt come through . no big deal.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    6:

- A Palm Pre XL with a 3.5 or 4 inch display.

- The Pixi 2

- A keyboardless new phone

- The Topaz

- The Touchstone v2

- And of course.... the webOS toaster!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    no sarcasm at you i was just wondering where you been . sorry jackson didnt come through . no big deal.
    I wouldn't mind even if it was sarcasm
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    2 Phones
    1 tablet
    +webos for a whole line of printers
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    what, no 0 as a choice?

I chose 1, hoping for 2 or more but the long record of putting off releasing anything has me nervous.
    4 devices= think big, think small, think ahead and think beyond
    Akitayo, you could be totally right about that. Thing Big: Tablet / Think Small: Tiny smartphone / Think Ahead: Modernized Pre (as shown in video, where "think ahead" was also added) / Think Beyond: Advanced smartphone?
    Quote Originally Posted by txba539 View Post
    Akitayo, you could be totally right about that. Thing Big: Tablet / Think Small: Tiny smartphone / Think Ahead: Modernized Pre (as shown in video, where "think ahead" was also added) / Think Beyond: Advanced smartphone?
    txba539

One guess about Think Beyond.

1.- The 7 inches tablet with multiple versions options, as we saw on that leaked photo of HP marketing request and for several carriers worldwide, on PC front page. The device called Opal with, Wi-FI,or 3G or LTE

Think Big is the Topaz 9 inches wi-fi only for now.

The 4 sayings combined converge to an webOS interconnected ecosystem of multiple devices including the printers and the notebooks.

We will see a 7 inches tablet inserted in a printers dock as HP did with the android tablet last year.Maybe the 9 inches tablet in portrait mode although it is a little big for a printer dock.

HP have to take advantage of the webOS 1.2 billion investement and have to integrate all what is in the Personal System products catalog, or at least the most of them, in order to justify the investment.

The modernized phone as you said, it is hard to tell. Smatphones are coming now with dual-cores Nvidia Tegra 3 which have new versions Tegra 3D and a quadcore upcoming.

The Arm A15 multicore is out there too.

The OMAP 4 of TI too:

If HP Palm come with something like that, then they will go ahead and beyond, Maybe is not the world time yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by akitayo; 02/05/2011 at 01:16 AM.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast