1.    #1  
    Ok so i asked this question long ago, however i cant find it and the answer i got didnt really answer it. The question was what bit count would the graphics card be in the pre and in thr future devices? I dont know much about hardware specs but i know a basic understanding of what makes a chip better. A 1ghz pcu is better then a 500mhz dual core is better then single core ect as far as graphics go, there is always a "bit" number which even is used in the nintendo 64 as Part of the name. Windoes vista requires a 128 bit graphics card and a ps3/xbox360 has a 512 bit graphics gpu so what is the bit equivalent on our pres now and what can we expect this year with the newer hardware?
    There are a lot of terms flying around in this question so I’ll try to break it down.

Bit counts were a strange way to distinguish console generates of long ago. Those numbers refereed to the CPU’s word size. The NES had an 8-bit processor, the Super Nintendo a 16 bit processor, and strangely enough the N64 had a 64-bit processor. These numbers had nothing directly to do with the graphics capabilities of the system.

Modern consoles dropped the usage of the number since they no longer make any sense. The Wii, Xbox360, and PS3 use 64-bit PowerPC-derived processors (PS3 getting a bit strange with the Cell process, but ignore that). The GPU's for these consoles are all largely derived from GPU's in PCs. The ATi Xenos in the Xbox 360 was largely derived from the Radeon X1800-series, for example, and uses 512MB of video memory (possibly where you got the 512 number from?).

You may see, however, someone mention some amount of bits when talking about a video card for a PC. This is usually referring to the width of the GPU’s memory bus and not necessarily anything of its capabilities. The Matrox Parhelia is sometimes called a 512-bit GPU, but in this case it merely means the GPU's internal ring-bus was 512-bits wide.

I’ll skip over the discussion of dual/single core (your not entirely correct there…).

I think your confused on the requirements from Windows Vista. (See: Windows Vista system requirements - Microsoft Windows) The only real requirement it mentions is video memory size, which it suggests 128MB.

Now, the graphics core in a TI OMAP3 is a PowerVR SGX530. I haven’t looked at this design much, but from here it says it has a 64 bit bus width and can do 500 megapixels/second fillrate, which puts it at the really low-end of the PC range from 15 years ago... I’m not entirely sure I trust that number. In terms of video memory I believe it has none, and rather shares the CPU's memory for video tasks.

As for what we can expect for this year, I suggest we wait a week and find out.

TL;DR – ONE HUNDRED BILLION BITS
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().