1.    #1  
    so i was just curious with the upcoming hp events has anyone thought about throwing some hard earned cash into HP stock. I just dropped $750 into HPQ. also started thinking about buying some stock in qualcomm. what do you guys think? hopefully over the course of the year ill see some nice returns. not expecting anything crazy but hopefully a steady rise.
    I put all my money into gold.

Actually i've thought about it, but haven't decided yet. GL to you!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I see pandas.
  3.    #3  
    thanks.. yeah i have some gold investments too. cant go wrong there.... hopefully.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy2000 View Post
    so i was just curious with the upcoming hp events has anyone thought about throwing some hard earned cash into HP stock. I just dropped $750 into HPQ. also started thinking about buying some stock in qualcomm. what do you guys think?
    Asking people on an enthusiast site for investment advice is a very bad idea. Taking it is even worse.
    x2
    except those that bought palm at $3-4 dollars day or two after Pre announcement... then sold at about $20.... I think T. Rowe Price made a mint on that.. The only difference is... Palm was a VERY small company compared to HP, and the stock could triple and more... BUT HP is so massive.. it won't double and triple like we saw with Palm. But will go up if what we see and hear are good products and SDK's for developers.
    I'm no expert in stocks but the chip sector is expected to increase this year, for what its worth Qualcom chairman just sold 24,00 shares (could be nothing) as for HP the down side is they still have the Mark Hurd thing looming over their heads, and on the up side, tablet sales are expected to more than triple in 2011, looking at the Rim Playbook (which very much resembles WebOS) if the HP/Palm tablet is anything like that sales would be astronomical catapulting HP stock up. Just my 2cents.
  8. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    Except those that bought palm at $3-4 dollars day or two after Pre announcement... then sold at about $20.... I think T. Rowe Price made a mint on that.. The only difference is... Palm was a VERY small company compared to HP, and the stock could triple and more... BUT HP is so massive.. it won't double and triple like we saw with Palm. But will go up if what we see and hear are good products and SDK's for developers.
    And there were many more who disappeared after they kept buying it because they were convinced by people that Palm would be a massive player in 2010.

Stock advice off a fan site for a particular company is (as others have said) a terrible idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    And there were many more who disappeared after they kept buying it because they were convinced by people that Palm would be a massive player in 2010.

Stock advice off a fan site for a particular company is (as others have said) a terrible idea.
    correct Id look at anaylist reports, stock, and your own gut feeling after doing your research on how HP intends on marketing this. I would def wait untill after the first seminor on wed to see what direction they intend on going with Webos, and if the products to you look profitable. I was one of those people who invested into palm when they were at $5 a share, and sold it at $18, but again it is all your gut feeling after doing your research. Don't loose money, because like said above you took the advice from a fan site.
    Even thinking that its advisable to stock advice from a biased fan centric website makes me certain that you should run not walk to the closest index fund. People here are largely not investors, haven't done research. You're just gonna get lopsided advice. There were countless people who said declining sell through numbers were a myth or meaningless. They said buy Palm when it fell to 10, and 8, and 7, and 6 all on bad news. Many have little idea about where HP even generates it's revenue. I mean considering the only 31% of HP revenue comes from it's personal systems group and of that 31% Palm phones make up less then 1% you have to truly research what effect a phone & tablet will have on it's earnings. Not to mention the appointment of a new board that many say will have an enterprise focus. Even a marginally successful product may not move their earnings too much. But finding out is the research that has to be done. And then do you actually thine whatever is announced will sell. Point is it's a good company but my advise is get an index fund if you can't do your own research or pay someone to manage the money.
    Last edited by blackmagic01; 02/07/2011 at 05:37 PM.
    Investing in HP because of Palm is the wrong idea. The only thing I could see that could give any big spike for HP stock would be how successful their memristor rollout is at replacing flash in the coming years.