Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    +1

Not very useful (the TV tells me what I'm watching) but it would certainly impress friends to show them an app like this...
    Maybe when the mic APIs are available. Until then, I use the app simply named "TV." A TV guide type app that tells me whats on what channel. And I dont have to get next to the TV to get sound from it.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I doubt that it will be all about hardware on February 9th. Me? I'm expecting Slingplayer for WebOS
    +1 a few years ago this may have been a viable app. Seems a little redundant as my "Guide" button works equally as well as Canta#'s. Not to mention, every time you change the channel, it also displays what's on. Was this app designed for people wthout digital boxes? (thats a rare sight these days)
    i would like the SDK... so we can make our own software,
    I'm kind of picky, and a perfectionist. Don't get me wrong when I say these things, I love webOS and wont leave for a long time (only if I decide to try maybe the iPhone or WP7, but doubt it ) I notice throughout webOS there are a few coding mishaps... Such as in certain rounded menus, when you touch to highlight the sharp edges appear. That sounds stupid I know. Um I guess I hope they just sort of polish it a teeeny bit with things like that, just so I feel like its a more solid OS. When I said picky, I meant it. (OH YA) I hope they update a couple apps like maybe the MMS one but I doubt it.
    This isn't an app to tell you what's on TV but rather another social network type application that shares what you're currently watching with your friends.

I gave it a try just a bit ago. It amazed me at how accurate it is; I used it in the middle of the tv show and it returned not only the show but the correct episode (it was episode 3, season 2 of Dexter).
    LMI and DTV apps for tablets

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Flash is the only thing I "need" that I feel is missing from my mobile experience.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    I want a Sirius XM App and also Netflix!
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Netflix and a Roku Remote App..
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    This isn't an app to tell you what's on TV but rather another social network type application that shares what you're currently watching with your friends.

I gave it a try just a bit ago. It amazed me at how accurate it is; I used it in the middle of the tv show and it returned not only the show but the correct episode (it was episode 3, season 2 of Dexter).
    Same here, works like a charm. Now as soon as my friends respond to the invite, I will see what else I can do.
    sling
    netflix
    amazon: video and kindle
    bn: nook
    powerteacher (iPad has one!)

P.S. Just found from this post that 2.0 changes iPad to pAd which is quite odd...
    apps I wanna see include netflix, abc player, stumbleupon, and slingbox.

Within the os I want to see a vbk that performs very well, a feature to swipe down to hide apps, and a fully fleshed sdk.
    Skype for webOS. I know it's there, in the Verizon doctor.

http://mobiputing.com/2010/11/first-...ype-for-webos/

Can't wait to get working at extracting and installing it on my Bell unit.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I have been searching for a VZW 2.0 doctor all over the place.... Anyway I would like to see native video calling for a device with a front facing camera. I have to have style if I'm going to video chat.
    Netflix would be great, I use this instead of subscribing for Cable/Satellite TV
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    seems like more work than just typing "watching House" on twitter or facebook...though for the life of me i can't imagine why anyone on earth would even care.
    I want webos 3.0 to be announced with the ability to wirelessly control my toaster, microwave, car, and personal butler app. Just sayin.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast