View Poll Results: Willl HP WebOS tech support to India?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it is a logical move

6 18.75%
  • Yes, but I hope they don't

10 31.25%
  • No, not likely

10 31.25%
  • What is outsourcing?

6 18.75%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Do you think this will lead to outsourcing WebOS tech support?

http://i2.tinypic.com/tapuhj.gif
    and who says we dont need a slap button ...lol lol ltm ltm ltm
    No, it means that HP employees in India will get new devices on 2/9 while we wait for the "coming weeks" to arrive.
    Quote Originally Posted by BobKy View Post
    Do you think this will lead to outsourcing WebOS tech support?

http://i2.tinypic.com/tapuhj.gif
    Maybe HP already has operations, including support, in India? Just a guess.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I see pandas.
    Willl HP WebOS tech support to India?
    Is there a verb somewhere in this question that I missed?
  6.    #6  
    I am verb challenged;Er,perhaps I'm proof-reading challenged? http://www.websmileys.com/sm/crazy/1087.gif
    If they have substantial operations in Bangalore, they are already outsourcing. I left corporate America a few years back, but everybody was sending manufacturing to china and 'Human interaction' to India. Look up the largest teleservices companies and they all had MAJOR presences in Bangalore.
    Currently, I believe their support is in Manila, Philippines.
    I thought support was from Santa's little elves (off season work?)
    <This Page is Blank>
    What should I make for supper tonight? Chicken vindaloo or Tandoori chicken?
    Note to OP, Palm's first level support is ALREADY IN INDIA... open up a chat session on Palm's support site and ask them... The US engineers are only involved when escalation is needed...

That poll needs a choice for:

It's already in India, but I get my support from PreCentral forums.

...nothing to see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    If he's in India telling HP employees to get ready to throw away their iPhones and iPads because HP mobile products are ready then I'm guessing he's not thinking about a CDMA-exclusive device on Sprint.
    +1. Unless he doesn't understand the technology behind it...
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    What should I make for supper tonight? Chicken vindaloo or Tandoori chicken?
    I love Tandoori chicken! A co-worker brought some in to an office party.
    Ya'll need to try some butter chicken man... maybe some somosa's...
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Good grief! HP is WORLDWIDE! They have plants & centers & employees EVERYWHERE!!!
    Good grief! HP is WORLDWIDE! They have plants & centers & employees EVERYWHERE!!!
    Yes, this is very good! I'm trying to find some HP's employee that can say something about the HP ecossistem... but; until now, no one know NOTHING!

Okay, I believe that the most of forum is in USA... but the CDMA is close to one country.
    Invest in GSM is Invest in all planet, and the India this the second most populous country, and no has big problems with the financial crisis...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    It's already in India, but I get my support from PreCentral forums.
    That's exactly what I was thinking.

Palm's support documentation should say "For all product information (even before it is officially announced), FAQ's, instructions, and technical support, please visit http://www.precentral.net."
    60% of HP's revenue comes from outside the US so...
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  19.    #19  
    HP is a global company,and I don't have a problem with HP having production/jobs in India or anyplace else. However,is it too much to except to have a person from your own country, who speaks your native tongue, to give you tech support? I'm already upset when I call for tech support for any product and it only makes me more frustrated trying to bridge the (however small) language barrier.

Question: RnP, I see you live in Brazil, do you get your HP tech support from India or the Philippines?

Of course,the only place to truly get tech support is PreCentral !!

BTW, I love Indian food.
    BobKy,

No, my HP suport is in São Paulo (Brazil)!!!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast