Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    mikah912, it seems to me your general vitriol for webOS and webOS products has been rising for quite some time. I can't recall the last time you made a positive comment about webOS, Palm, the Pre or Pixi family or HP.

Why are you still in the forums? I've been pretty negative myself, but I always had at least some respect or hope for webOS. You're really close to a troll at this point, whether or not you intended to become one.
    Why does it actually matter how negative his comments are as long as they are rational and he argues his points without abuse? If he's negative, use reasoned debate and discourse to show how he is wrong.
    Global Posts
    354 Global Posts
    I think they should tease Feb 9
  3. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Melaza View Post
    I think they should tease Feb 9

But we've already been over this, what's actually to tease? There is nothing (as far as we are aware) set-up for mass market consumption.
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    But we've already been over this, what's actually to tease? There is nothing (as far as we are aware) set-up for mass market consumption.
    dude have u been blind to see the leaks about the new tablets coming? have u not been reading precentral?>??
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eggroks View Post
    dude have u been blind to see the leaks about the new tablets coming? have u not been reading precentral?>??

Who is "U"? Do you mean "you"?

In answer to your question, I'm aware of that but there is nothing for the public to see on the 9th, as far as I am aware there is no live-stream and the audience is tech journalists. So unless you expect your average joe to follow engadget, what is actually being teased for mass market consumption?

When the time comes, there will be plenty of adverts aimed at the mass market, this event on the 9th isn't it, so it's a waste of money pointing people towards it.
  6.    #66  
    NO i meant "U"
    I'm not trying to be a jerk. I'm just pointing out that if you don't care about webOS, HP or Palm, but you continue to go out of your way to make negative posts, you've become a troll.

He's wasting his and our time on this board if his motivations seem solely concerned with damaging HP/Palm's credibility.
    Well, Palm kind of destroyed their own credibility, really.

I think mikah just has a more realistic view than most when it comes to webOS.

I mean, god, the flip side of that is people dreaming up Superbowl commercials that send millions of people to line up outside actual HP Stores that sell fantasy webOS devices based on mockups.
    I'm not trying to be a jerk. I'm just pointing out that if you don't care about webOS, HP or Palm, but you continue to go out of your way to make negative posts, you've become a troll.

He's wasting his and our time on this board if his motivations seem solely concerned with damaging HP/Palm's credibility.
    What does this thread have to do with HP or Palm's credibility?

The same would be true if it were someone suggesting should Apple run a commercial for the iPad 2 at the SuperBowl when they are going to announce all of the details three days later at a non-public event that cannot be watched on line or at Apple's website.

There's nothing negative in pointing out that ad campaigns - even teasers - need something to advertise or tease.

And since this thread's titular question was asked to the entire board, I am more than within my rights to offer my solicited take on it. If you don't want to read it, then don't.
  10.    #70  

what are u talking about......anyways see the teaser on the front page something like that for all the poeple who were saying what to tease!!!!
    Is everyone forgetting the massive hype that came along with the Droid family? They didn't have a single device out, yet they were able to generate enough attention to jumpstart the Droid name.

If done right, HP could use the Super Bowl to give the event/announcement/WebOS the boost it deserves.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    I'm wondering if this thread will go on after the Super Bowl is over. I'm guessing that people will still want to discuss it.
    It'll probably turn into an actual discussion of the 'big game'.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    My point's been made. You're a troll and people should ignore you if you don't go away on your own.
    Well turns out i am wrong, you can get a spot at the last moment, BUT, you effectivly have to "buy out" somebody that already had the time reserved so costs even more!

Also you cant have nudity, so there goes a lot of the good ideas....
    Mikah, I disagree with about 90% of what you say, but feel free to keep on saying it, your comments are certainly topical. I pretty much just skim past all the posts that are everybody agreeing and saying the same things anyway.

As for the "there has to be something to tease". I think we all know that HP and/or HPalm need some public rebranding, there is nothing wrong with a commercial for "The New HP, featuring WebOS" with brief partial glimpses of sexy new products and even concepts. Letting people know a new HP is coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    Mikah, I disagree with about 90% of what you say, but feel free to keep on saying it, your comments are certainly topical. I pretty much just skim past all the posts that are everybody agreeing and saying the same things anyway.

As for the "there has to be something to tease". I think we all know that HP and/or HPalm need some public rebranding, there is nothing wrong with a commercial for "The New HP, featuring WebOS" with brief partial glimpses of sexy new products and even concepts. Letting people know a new HP is coming.
    I never said HP shouldn't rebrand or release teasers for new products. They most definitely should and aggressively. But the premise of the thread is should they release a Super Bowl commercial to promote an event that the public cannot see. I'm amazed that there is any debate on whether that's a good idea or not.

Every case that people bring up to argue in favor of this doesn't apply. The original Droid teasers had a release date for the actual product. The iPhone teaser "Hello" commercial was complimentary and released well after the widely-reported on keynote event when they announced the product and release date already...plus they showed the phone at the end of the commercial!

By contrast, the thread title proposes that you spend millions to advertise for an event that the public cannot see or watch, occurs at a specific time in the middle of most people's workdays, and that will only announce several other dates or release windows that they will have to keep track of anyway - not be the release date for actual product. For not wholly endorsing this, I get personally attacked and labelled as negative. Go figure.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Is everyone forgetting the massive hype that came along with the Droid family? They didn't have a single device out, yet they were able to generate enough attention to jumpstart the Droid name.

If done right, HP could use the Super Bowl to give the event/announcement/WebOS the boost it deserves.
    Droid ads started in World Series. WAY cheaper than Super Bowl.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    "At 1PM EST next Wednesday, HP is going to announce...something. Check some tech websites to find out what."

Yeah, that's money well spent right there.
    those 10 seconds would cost them a good 5 or so million right?
    This Superbowl commercial playing on Sunday is so far my favorite:

YouTube - Volkswagen Commercial: The Force
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    Droid ads started in World Series. WAY cheaper than Super Bowl.
    When has price been a factor for HP? If they do it right, it would be a worthy investment.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast