Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Yes, but HP isn't ready to announce any specs prior to Feb. 9 so I don't see what the content of the ad would be.
    All they have to do is take out the specifics, and they have a great teaser.
    Once again,
    Ad for this years SB

Can't be done
    Can't be done
    Cant be done

Might be nice but

Cant be done

All booked up long time ago

Can't be done

2010 Superbowl Commercial Lineup - 2011 Superbowl Commercials - 2011 Super Bowl Ads
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Once again,
    Ad for this years SB

Can't be done
    Can't be done
    Cant be done

Might be nice but

Cant be done

All booked up long time ago

Can't be done

2010 Superbowl Commercial Lineup - 2011 Superbowl Commercials - 2011 Super Bowl Ads
    We know that. The discussion is should they, not could they. It's fun to dream.
  4. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    "Everyone"? I love hyperbole. It's so easy to disprove.
    I'm worried about your blood pressure, you shouldn't take this stuff so seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmleonar View Post
    is the pope catholic?
    Does a rolling stone gather moss while going down a hill? *hears a stone roll* No moss! You're going to have to trust me on this one! lol
    Wow, the tech community certainly is self-important isn't it? LOL. We are MEANINGLESS in the grand scheme. Do you think anybody other than techies and the quickly dwindling webOS community knows or cares about the HP event on February 9th? No.

HP/Palm doesn't need to market to us. We don't matter. The general public needs to want the device, not us. The new HP/Palm devices would be a smash hit even if every single tech website and every single reviewer trashed them but the marketing was great so the general public still wanted them.

"What if?
    What if your phone, tablet, PC, TV, and printer worked together seamlessly?
    What if you could choose to pick up your phone call on your tablet or your PC even if your phone was hiding between the cushions?
    What if you could start playing a game on your phone and pick up where you left off on your tablet?
    Maybe these aren't "what if's" after all?

On February 9th, HP/Palm is announcing the most impressive line of mobile products in the world. Products that will revolutionize how you think about mobile, and what you can do with your mobile devices. Products that are faster, smarter, and tons of fun. Products that do what DROID doesn't. Products that really change everything instead of just making promises. Products that are coming to Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, and retailers near you in just a few days.

Think big. Think small. Think beyond. Think you're ready?"
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    Wow, the tech community certainly is self-important isn't it? LOL. We are MEANINGLESS in the grand scheme. Do you think anybody other than techies and the quickly dwindling webOS community knows or cares about the HP event on February 9th? No.

HP/Palm doesn't need to market to us. We don't matter. The general public needs to want the device, not us. The new HP/Palm devices would be a smash hit even if every single tech website and every single reviewer trashed them but the marketing was great so the general public still wanted them.

"What if?
    What if your phone, tablet, PC, TV, and printer worked together seamlessly?
    What if you could choose to pick up your phone call on your tablet or your PC even if your phone was hiding between the cushions?
    What if you could start playing a game on your phone and pick up where you left off on your tablet?
    Maybe these aren't "what if's" after all?

On February 9th, HP/Palm is announcing the most impressive line of mobile products in the world. Products that will revolutionize how you think about mobile, and what you can do with your mobile devices. Products that are faster, smarter, and tons of fun. Products that do what DROID doesn't. Products that really change everything instead of just making promises. Products that are coming to Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, and retailers near you in just a few days.

Think big. Think small. Think beyond. Think you're ready?"
    A commercial that redirects people to a website that they have to wait three days to read is money wasted. With all of the other cleverness and razzle dazzle in Superbowl spots, would "the general public" really take away from the Super Bowl the message "I gotta check HP.com after 1PM EST on February 9 to see what they're talking about!"

Of course not.

If there was a followup commercial on the 9th saying the products were available now....awesome. But we know that isn't the case.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    They could be running teaser ads now. Verizon has been running ads for the iPhone for awhile now. Teaser ads can help draw attention to an announcement. It is human nature you leave them hanging and they want to know more.
    Quote Originally Posted by rfceo View Post
    They could be running teaser ads now. Verizon has been running ads for the iPhone for awhile now. Teaser ads can help draw attention to an announcement. It is human nature you leave them hanging and they want to know more.
    The iPhone also has a carrier and a publicly-known release date that's been covered by mainstream media as well as tech media. Not "when we announce something, it'll ship within weeks". Ship to who? How many weeks? What are you announcing?
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    I have a feeling that the new devices will go on sale within a very short time after they announce what is coming. They probably will announce where and when you can purchase at the announcement. I do not think we will see the Pre launch fiasco, 6 months after announcement is just wrong. Hewlett-Packard CEO, Leo Apotheker,"HP will stop making announcements for stuff it doesn't have. When HP makes announcements, it will be getting ready to ship," he promises, saying the products launched on 9 February will be on sale just a few weeks later.
    A teaser with just the "Think Big. Think Small. Think Beyond - February 9th" http://media.precentral.net/resource...ebos-event.png for a 15 second spot would draw awareness as well as be a brand awareness ad, putting the wonder into the mind of the viewer.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    I'm worried about your blood pressure, you shouldn't take this stuff so seriously.
    My doctor is far less concerned about my BP than you. Every year (or earlier, if there's something else going on), they tell me it's amazing that my BP is consistently low.

I tell them it's because I smile at silliness a lot. That holds true even when I comment on it.

So, go rest your weary mind
    I have a feeling that the new devices will go on sale within a very short time after they announce what is coming. They probably will announce where and when you can purchase at the announcement. I do not think we will see the Pre launch fiasco, 6 months after announcement is just wrong. Hewlett-Packard CEO, Leo Apotheker,"HP will stop making announcements for stuff it doesn't have. When HP makes announcements, it will be getting ready to ship," he promises, saying the products launched on 9 February will be on sale just a few weeks later.
    A teaser with just the "Think Big. Think Small. Think Beyond - February 9th" http://media.precentral.net/resource...ebos-event.png for a 15 second spot would draw awareness as well as be a brand awareness ad, putting the wonder into the mind of the viewer.
    Ok, but again...if I am a viewer, how am I to find out what happens Feb. 9? Suppose I am on the east coast and go to HP.com around 11AM. Then what?

Not to mention that website is a shopping portal. Are they really going to derail instant business for the day to plaster WebOS all over the front page? It took forever just to find the Palm pre 2 on their website days after they made the announcement that it was for sale or had "shipped".

There's no "there" there.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    CAUSE WE HAVE SEEN THE iPHONE already!!! HP has shown nothing, hence nothing to even talk about. Goodness.
    Most tech people I've talked to that have a mental association with the 9 Feb date think of it as the day Verizon releases the iPhone.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    When the First iPhone ads started they were teasers
    this is why they are called teasers to get your attention "Hello".
    You can always do teasers.... they may already have a vision or perspective we haven't thought of.

Also, just because they are sold out already doesn't mean they didnt purchase the ad earlier and have something set up
    When the First iPhone ads started they were teasers
    this is why they are called teasers to get your attention "Hello".
    Great ad...for a product that was already announced, detailed, and revealed to be coming June.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    We know that. The discussion is should they, not could they. It's fun to dream.
    Well you might know, but reading all the posts, that's not what a lot of people obvously think (or thought), clear that some thought it either can be done, or could have been done fairly recently ago when, in fact, this stuff was booked long long ago in a conference room far, far away. And a few verge on the "they dropped the ball" by not doing it when it was really impossible.
    mikah912, it seems to me your general vitriol for webOS and webOS products has been rising for quite some time. I can't recall the last time you made a positive comment about webOS, Palm, the Pre or Pixi family or HP.

Why are you still in the forums? I've been pretty negative myself, but I always had at least some respect or hope for webOS. You're really close to a troll at this point, whether or not you intended to become one.
    It is negative to point out that they could not launch a superbowl ad without anything to advertise? Ok.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast