Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    HP webOS hardware is ready for Feb 9 : HP CEO confirmed to HP India employees

In a 3 days visit to HP Bangalore, India office HP CEO Leo Apotheker told to employees to get rid of their iphone and ipads, .” Adding, “There would be real, near-term introductions, as the hardware is ready.” after he saw most of the 4500 employees raised their hands when he asked them “Those who think Apple is cool, raise your hands.”

He also told the employees to watch out for “new products from the US on February 9.

Leo Apotheker will also visit Mumbai and Delhi, is the first from HP’s senior management to visit the country in 10 years. An HP official said, “The CEO is in India as part of a listening tour, where he interacts with employees and hears them out on various issues.”

Well, this news confirm that at least a hadware is ready ( singular? ) One device? Which device?

Apparently as you continue reading the source link article: It is the tablet. ???

Source: HP CEO on 3-day visit
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    ...where it is expected to unveil its webOS platform and related tablet PCs.
    errr, uh... Ha!! I already got the webOS platform. :P
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    During his interaction with employees, Apotheker asked, “Those who think Apple is cool, raise your hands.” When a majority of the 4,500 employees at the Bangalore office raised their hands, the CEO responded by saying, “Get ready to get rid of your iPhones and iPads (both best-selling products from Apple).” Adding, “There would be real, near-term introductions, as the hardware is ready.”

powerful comment to staff, can't wait to see what unfolds.

Nice work, this should be front page precentral.
  4.    #4  
    Already tipped to precentral. Can´t wait wow just 9 days for the event.
    I'm ok with asking them to dump their iPhones and iPads, but only after there is enough inventory for paying customers like me...

With over 300,000 employees, HP could probably consume the first two production runs completely. Hey Leo, take a number and step to the rear. It's my turn to buy some Palm hotness. I've been waiting longer than you have!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    errr, uh... Ha!! I already got the webOS platform. :P
    Yeah I made a mistake for the rush of the news. I should said HP hardware is ready for webOS for Feb 9 .
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    Well, this news confirm that at least a hadware is ready ( singular? ) One device? Which device?

Apparently as you continue reading the source link article: It is the tablet. ???

Source: HP CEO on 3-day visit
    Don't know. He does tell them to get rid of BOTH their iPhone & iPad.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    Don't know. He does tell them to get rid of BOTH their iPhone & iPad.
    good point You read deep thanks
    I think you're looking into it too much. 'hardware' is both singular and plural. They key there is 'introductions' as he stated.

think aout it: hardware's available... That doesn't sound right or make sense

10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I'm ok with asking them to dump their iPhones and iPads, but only after there is enough inventory for paying customers like me...

With over 300,000 employees, HP could probably consume the first two production runs completely. Hey Leo, take a number and step to the rear. It's my turn to buy some Palm hotness. I've been waiting longer than you have!
    I was wondering if the general customers will come first with the initial batch and employees after for a new batch. ???
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    Yeah I made a mistake for the rush of the news. I should said HP hardware is ready for webOS for Feb 9 .
    Naw man. I'm not harpin' on you. I pulled that quote directly from the source I think they left the word "update" out of the sentence.

Wait. Unless...you Are the source (du du duh)
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    I think you're looking into it too much. 'hardware' is both singular and plural. They key there is 'introductions' as he stated.

think aout it: hardware's available... That doesn't sound right or make sense
    thank you for that english lesson. Not native english here. thanks
    Gah...enough already with the Apple talk. If you're going to do it, do it like Motorola and create a frickin' Super Bowl ad letting people know you're gunning for them. The message I'm getting moreso than anything is that HP thinks "Apple is cool". HP must be cool too. It's like a corporate version of this garbage movie "The Roommate" that they show commercials for every 10 seconds.
    He's mirroring the market talk, like it or not, everyone compares new pads and smartphones to Apple; a good salesperson relates to the customers and tells them why his product is better, he does not ignore what they are thinking.
    Bring it HP!!!

I am armed with a credit card cleaned from its Christmas Duties just itching to go!!!

Topaz? Check!

Two new HP WebOS 2.0 phones to replace two launch day Pre -s? Check!

I love your attitude and hope you do exactly what you state...take Apple on at their own game. I for one am ready to play! :-)

KippLitz
    Financial aid rebate mailing feb 9 will be here 10 business days later... I expect to be buying a nice shiney new phone with an accompanying tablet for school and enetertainment on thr go leta have at it palm.
    excellent news muhahahahaha
    one word...boneriffic
    well said

finally some sense on this forum

Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    He's mirroring the market talk, like it or not, everyone compares new pads and smartphones to Apple; a good salesperson relates to the customers and tells them why his product is better, he does not ignore what they are thinking.
  20.    #20  
    Now these guys read this post and posted before precentral . I tipped precentral before posting here on forums.

HP CEO Talks Smack: “Get Ready to Get Rid of Those iPhones and iPads…” | webOSroundup
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast