Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    Just found out my company added HP to compete with Dell. Looks like WebOS is in my future. Our fiscal year ends June 30, so I hope orders are available before then.
    Rdreamer, do you work for a large company? Competing with Dell in all hardware or in certain areas?

Regarding, availability in "weeks", HP said earlier they would have product by end of the first quarter. So I'm guessing weeks mean around the March 15-30th time frame for the first shipments. HP now owns Palm so Palm will be on HP's schedule, not what Palm did 2 years ago or earlier.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    Hardware could be ready, but no word on the software; that is the million dollar question?
    If the 2.0.1 leaked Doctor files for existing Pre/Pre+ devices dated mid-December are any indication, I'd say that the hardware won't be the holdup in delivering functional products. My sources say that the help files are 100% empty, going to the app catalog or web almost always requires a retry on every page load due to timeouts, and the much-touted voice dial is missing some Synergy because it only appears to be able to dial names from the Palm profile and not a Google address book. Not to say that HP can't throw way more programmer resources at cleaning it up to ship given the 3 month gap between that snapshot and the big event, but we'd all wind up being beta testers again on launch day for the new hardware if they shipped that version. If the software load on the Pre2 is in a similar state, it may explain why the Pre2 Verizon launch fell apart in November.....
    Quote Originally Posted by vreihen View Post
    If the 2.0.1 leaked Doctor files for existing Pre/Pre+ devices dated mid-December are any indication, I'd say that the hardware won't be the holdup in delivering functional products. My sources say that the help files are 100% empty, going to the app catalog or web almost always requires a retry on every page load due to timeouts, and the much-touted voice dial is missing some Synergy because it only appears to be able to dial names from the Palm profile and not a Google address book. Not to say that HP can't throw way more programmer resources at cleaning it up to ship given the 3 month gap between that snapshot and the big event, but we'd all wind up being beta testers again on launch day for the new hardware if they shipped that version. If the software load on the Pre2 is in a similar state, it may explain why the Pre2 Verizon launch fell apart in November.....
    This is quite interesting. I just purchased a Pre 2 for use on AT&T and it is amazing. It doesn't have the update with the voice dial so I can't speak for that, but I don't think the problem is with 2.0, the problem might be with optimizing it for past devices which shouldn't hold up a hardware launch.
    I know it has been talked about the launching of the tablets and I found this in Google:

webOS tablet to ship few weeks after announcement

that is cool, IF it is true.
    This has been posted loads before but yeah I hope its true too
    News is only 4 days old, oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    Tell hp i'll pass.
    Bye! Don't let the door....
    haha
  8.    #68  
    Guys did you see this precentral page for the Feb 9th event:

http://www.precentral.net/countdown_thinkbeyond
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234