Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    You know I hate the weekends because I'm always checking the forums and updates to see more leaks about palm or any info on HP.
    Do you think HPalm is leaking more info out this week? I feel as if someone has to give something more to pull in that audience for their big day on the 9th.
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    Hopefully we get some teasers on the phones they have. A nice 4" high end slab for sprint would be great. I'll take two
  3.    #3  
    Ditto
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    Quote Originally Posted by m3grady2 View Post
    Hopefully we get some teasers on the phones they have. A nice 4" high end slab for sprint would be great. I'll take two
    Same here! Though I have to admit, my thinking 4" was the perfect screen size changed after I got this EVO. I could maybe even do 4.5, as long as there is minimal bezel.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    I don't know--the leaks they have out there now are pretty tantalizing. It seems most of the tech journalists are eager to see what they have to say. But yeah, I'd love to see a phone leak.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    I hope the 9th show the webos tablet to be even better than we hoped. I have a suspicion the phones will rock, hp knows they HAVE to make them rock. The tablet is what I am wondering about.
    normally, i'd say the 9th is close enough that i don't need a leak, but with all the events happening next week, i'll probably be feeling a little left out. A phone leak would help the wait i'm sure... hell i don't even need to see the specs, just let me see something with a 3.7in (or larger) and a sprint logo, and i'd be set until next tuesday
    I don't think they will leak anything. They have been practically mum since they took over on what lies ahead, and they will stay quiet until they make the announcements.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    According to my guy at Sprint they're supossed to announce a new HP phone at their event on the 5th...I guess we'll see soon enough.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Right now I'm betting against a leak. Maybe a screenshot of it showing up in inventory somewhere?

Was the Pre leaked at all? Not a great comparison here since more people are on the look out?

I think it would make sense to put the focus on the tablet if I was HP, ease people out of thinking of the Pre. New tablet, a new phone which connects with it.
    I have a friend of a friend that knows somebody who has a cousin whose ex-boyfriend intercepts emails as a hobby (highly illegal, I know), and somehow I got my hands on this interesting memo.

Attention All H-P Employees: 28 January 2011

Due to the amount of leaks that have sprung recently we have decided to take affirmitave action to protect our interests. Since leaks have started to surface and our competitors have taken action, with great determination and furor, to blow the wind out of our sails with our big announcement, with their own announcements. We have decided that the appropriate action would be to put off our coming announcement to a date, yet to be determined, in the coming months. We appreciate your patience on this issue and this is a final, non-negotiable offer. We expect our current customer base to be sympathetic with our decision, as we are trying to overtake our current competitors, but when we have all our secrets leaked out too early, then said competitors beat us to the punch and we will have only moderate to weak fanfare. Thanks again for understanding,

Mr. Hewlett and Mr. Packard
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I'd be perfectly happy if one of those sheets that show release schedules for phones on a carrier was leaked. Even more happy if it says "late Q1 2011" on Sprint.
    My fear is the "sprint" part. Ive decided id like to stay with sprint, so id really like a sprint device and most users are sprint. Plus sprints linup is bleh compared to verizon, it would make sense. Verizons got iphone, android, wp7 soon im sure, and att has iphone, wp7 and android, sprint only has android. Not even wp7 or touch blackberries. It needs another os. It may get a short exclusivity, but maybe 3 months if that. A multicarrier launch would be best, but sprints going to want an exclusivity to carry it, and hp is going to want to be on a carrier it wont be drowned out in. Lets hope HP realizes this.
    So far no leaks yet. Only 38 hours to go, time is running out for all the tipsters!
    Quote Originally Posted by runsweetlew View Post
    So far no leaks yet. Only 38 hours to go, time is running out for all the tipsters!
    There won't be any more "leaks" to speak of. The "tipsters" were HP and it was to build hype and interest. I would like to think that they succeeded. Every blog, tech site and forum members are looking to the 9th. Also it would seem that companies like Google and Apple are even taking note. Hence Google rushing and showing Honeycomb and Apple letting everyone pre-order the iphone again on the same date. Not to mention new Macbooks are rumored to ship on the 9th as well. Lol it's almost as if no one wants to have to make any announcements because of what HP has coming this Wednesday.
    Maybe tomorrow we'll hear that HP is swooping in to rescue Sprint.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    If you type PreCentral on a TouchPad
    It changes to PreMenstrual
    That situation needs to be fixed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post

Lol so maybe well get a free printer with a referral or new contract lol although the ink would prolly cost more than the printer

Palm prē-ist.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post

Not sure that's possible at this point. They may need a Comcast/Xfinity style makeover and a merger with T-Mobile.
    Last edited by mikah912; 02/08/2011 at 09:23 AM.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    According to my guy at Sprint they're supossed to announce a new HP phone at their event on the 5th...I guess we'll see soon enough.
    rats! ;-(
    My thoughts exactly Todd !!!!

ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast