Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    There was no way in hell HP would allow Sprint to show of a new webOS device, just a few days before the HP Palm event. That would have been like ATT showing off a new iPhone days before Steve was about do the same. - it would never happen.

Although, I am a little surprised at just how bad the Sprint event was, I do think Sprint will be getting new webOS devices soon. (some sooner than others)

By tomorrow night, I think this place will be "buzzing" with activity.

some good,some bad, some happy, some sad. but, they'll all be "buzzing!" ;-)
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nightdevil21 View Post
    You know I hate the weekends because I'm always checking the forums and updates to see more leaks about palm or any info on HP.
    Do you think HPalm is leaking more info out this week? I feel as if someone has to give something more to pull in that audience for their big day on the 9th.
    So, are you going to tell us that you were wrong cause there has not been any more leaks. No Mr. Blurrycam. No sales sheets. Nothing. Guess you forgot how well Palm hid the Pre and WebOS prior to their CES announcement.

1 day, 2 hours, and 42 minutes to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    There was no way in hell HP would allow Sprint to show of a new webOS device, just a few days before the HP Palm event.
    im actually surprised people think that's even possible, lol. seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    im actually surprised people think that's even possible, lol. seriously.
    lol. Wishful thinking by some of the ardent Sprint faithful. They're funny.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Although, I am a little surprised at just how bad the Sprint event was, I do think Sprint will be getting new webOS devices soon. (some sooner than others)
    Truly disappointing. I was expecting some technology breakthrough that would leapfrog everyone else. Instead we have a Nintendo DS with a cellphone antenna, only since it's running Android 2.2, which doesn't support multiple screens or layouts well, it's heavily customized, so it'll run like crap and it's supported by a company who hasn't competed in smartphones in years (seriously, what was the last Kyocera smartphone in the US? The 7135?)
    Palm III>Sony CLIÉ S300>Sony CLIÉ N760C>Sony CLIÉ TG50 & Tapwave Zodiac 2>Handspring Treo 600>Palm Treo 700p>Palm Treo 755p>Palm Pre>FrankenPre2
    Quote Originally Posted by sumanb View Post
    Truly disappointing. I was expecting some technology breakthrough that would leapfrog everyone else. Instead we have a Nintendo DS with a cellphone antenna,......
    LOL. I said the same thing to myself when I saw it. Nintendo DS it is.

yeah why would HP sch a event and have anybody showcase one of there devices 2 days before theres. Come on people.
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    lol. Wishful thinking by some of the ardent Sprint faithful. They're funny.

yeah it is, but sprint will most likely be getting the next smartphone devices.
    You gotta hand it to HPalm. They have kept a pretty tight wrap on things. The fact that the only leak there has been it a rendering of a pad that was made last year is impressive.

Excited for tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    Sure. But so will Verizon, At&t, a couple of Canadian, French, German, English & Chinese carriers.

Quote Originally Posted by saluki42 View Post
    You gotta hand it to HPalm. They have kept a pretty tight wrap on things. The fact that the only leak there has been it a rendering of a pad that was made last year is impressive.

Excited for tomorrow.
    The Palm unit has done a good job of keeping things under wraps just like before CES 2009. The HP side of the house, not so much.

What about "another industry-first"? Did i miss it?

Why would hp need to have a mr.blurrycam leak? They already built enough hype by officially releasing that clip (wich i think was *just right*). At this time anything more would only have the opposite effect.

I know many ppl have been waiting for such event for a loooong time, and are so hyper about it finally coming tomorrow that they cant wait. Its only 1 more day ppl. It'll be here soon enough.

*Here's to wishing, and hoping, that HP will make good on their promice and really impress us.
    I am half expecting another "leak" in the form of either a teaser or a snipet of information this afternoon. Something that is so difficult to figure out it is frustrating to all and drives the engadgets of the world mad with curiosity.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    Yeah... Sprint will only get from HP the Pre 2 and at&t, Verizon, and the rest of the world will get the Topaz, Opal, and etc...
  15. Evansgw
    I am very underwhelmed with their new 'industry first'. Yawn.
  16. Evansgw
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    I am half expecting another "leak" in the form of either a teaser or a snipet of information this afternoon. Something that is so difficult to figure out it is frustrating to all and drives the engadgets of the world mad with curiosity.
    I think there is potential for that. Create a bit more buzz the day before the announcement.
    I haven't seen any real leaks, just a lot of conjecture. And I think it will remain so until after HP's big event tomorrow.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    if (and it is a big IF) those "spec" sheets were real (even if the actual device specs were subsequently modified), that would probably qualify as a leak.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12