Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Digging through an old desk's drawers, there is my Palm III, the books, cradle, install cd, everything. The stylus is missing the screw on top.

I pulled out the ancient AAA cells, popped in some new ones and .... (drum roll please), viola, it works. I set the date and time, its fine.

For those with genealogical interests, its a 3Com Palm III. I wonder if Palm could sell me a new stylus with a top part on it, lol. Dang, googled Palm III stylus and Amazon has em for a penny ($4.37 shipping).
    Jim Altman
    Palm III ->Treos 600->650->750->Pro->Pre Plus->Pre 2->Pre3+TouchPad
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Talk about a blast from the past!
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I still have my Palm IIIxe, with it's click on Kodak PalmPix camera. Too bad we can't get Kyle's Quest to work on the Pre
    I still have a IIIxe, too.
    I still have a Palm IIIe with hacked 8MB (original was 2MB)
    nice find. The oldest one I still have is a PalmV, and it doesn't have replacable batteries so it only works when it's in the cradle. It annoyed me when thwy stopped designing PDAs that used standard batteries...

have you tried installing the sync software to populate it? I'm not sure it will install on XP or later.
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    I am still looking for a computer in the house that has a serial port, lol. Actually, after dinner the boat anchor upstairs will get the software. I look forward to installing the games.
    Jim Altman
    I entered the palm world with the IIIxe.

it's amazing where we've come.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaltman View Post
    I am still looking for a computer in the house that has a serial port, lol. Actually, after dinner the boat anchor upstairs will get the software. I look forward to installing the games.
    I have a usb-to-serial adapter.
    fond memories. Green screen. Stylus. The little click sound. Dope wars. Ha.
    and you can run your classic medical apps! Hello, Handango.com!
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    I still have a IIIxe, too.
    me too. and a VIIx.

I'm somewhat surprised that Amazon still has a page that describes them as being sold as 'new'.
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    I can synchronize, its an xp machine. I am playing Hardball. Life is good. What do I need a tablet for?
    Jim Altman
    I dont remember the name of mine, but its an old one that was black and screen was black and white. Had a very curvy look and the bottom was almost a full semi circle
    what was the name of that "application" service (before the word apps was invented) that let you download content onto the handheld via desktop sync...vingo or something. It came preinstalled on the software cd.
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Nothing quite so fancy on the III, the install program is just called the "Palm Install Tool", but i kinda remember something like that too.
    Jim Altman
    I remember my first palm v,
    the design,if HP could put it in the next webos phone, will still wow people.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    I dont remember the name of mine, but its an old one that was black and screen was black and white. Had a very curvy look and the bottom was almost a full semi circle
    Palm M3 I believe.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaltman View Post
    Digging through an old desk's drawers, there is my Palm III, the books, cradle, install cd, everything. The stylus is missing the screw on top.

I pulled out the ancient AAA cells, popped in some new ones and .... (drum roll please), viola, it works. I set the date and time, its fine.

For those with genealogical interests, its a 3Com Palm III. I wonder if Palm could sell me a new stylus with a top part on it, lol. Dang, googled Palm III stylus and Amazon has em for a penny ($4.37 shipping).
    Note my sig... I still have every single one of these!
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Nice find!

I still have my IIIc in its box on the shelf behind me. I recall finding it as well and decided to replace the battery. 1 year later and it's still on the shelf. Either I can't find a replacement battery, or I totally forgot about it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast