Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    Palm M3 I believe.
    ya that was it! How far is that in the evolutionary chain from the palm III (before or after and how many models before or after)
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    ya that was it! How far is that in the evolutionary chain from the palm III (before or after and how many models before or after)
    Actually, I'm off by a little: what you had sounds like the Palm m100 (there is no M3, sorry, I was going by my failing memory). The M1xx series PDAs eventually replaced the Palm III series in the budget category, then they were superceded by the Zire line of PDAs.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    nice find. The oldest one I still have is a PalmV, and it doesn't have replacable batteries so it only works when it's in the cradle. It annoyed me when thwy stopped designing PDAs that used standard batteries...

have you tried installing the sync software to populate it? I'm not sure it will install on XP or later.
    I replaced the non-replaceable battery in my m505 years ago. I found the battery on the net and it came with replacement torx screws. I guess they knew I would strip the original screws trying to get the case open.
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    Actually, I'm off by a little: what you had sounds like the Palm m100 (there is no M3, sorry, I was going by my failing memory). The M1xx series PDAs eventually replaced the Palm III series in the budget category, then they were superceded by the Zire line of PDAs.
    Zire is where I came in. I still have my Zire 31 (Doesn't turn on) Zire 72 (Broke the Screen) Palm T|X (Think it still works) then my original Pre (drowned in a swimming pool) and finally my Pre Plus.

... *sigh* I should never be allowed to have Palm hardware. Might post a picture if I can find them all.
    It was the late-lamented Avant Go.
    ah yes, avant go...
    I recently dug out my old Symbol SPT1500. That's a Palm III with a Laser Barcode Scanner built-in. Which is every bit as cool as it sounds. They were manufactured by taking already built Palm III's and removing the guts, discarding the case and transplanting the innards to the new, extended case with the the Barcode Scanner on top.

I wanted to test-scan some barcodes I had printed, but, when I popped a couple of AAA's in, no joy, the old soldier had died.
    Symbol SPT1500 (Palm III w/laser barcode scanner) -> Treo 600 -> Treo 755p -> Pre
    See sig:

I still have all but the IIIxe which was lost.
    --Chris

Palm History:

Palm Personal => Palm Personal with Palm Pro upgrade card => Palm III => Palm IIIx => Palm IIIxe => Palm T|X => Palm Pre
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12