Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This maybe old news but hey here goes and before anyone comments this IS the real deal info. I will not use his name for fear of him getting shot in the foot.

So I was out with a good mate of mine having a few beers the other night and I gets my pre out to check a message (as you do). He then grabs my pre off me and proceeds to have a play with the UI and comments on how surprised he is at how smooth it was, so I told him it was overclocked! He then mentioned he had a go on webOS at work, so I quizzed him knowing he worked for HP UK! Now for the meaty info.
    So I asked him "Was it on a pre or pixi?" to which he replied "No! IT WAS HP BRANDED". By now my ears were starting to flap so much it was giving me a headache lol.
    So the next question from me was "It wasn't an iPAQ or anything?" to which he replied "Nah, it looks sort of like this only smaller, it had a keyboard", so I asked "was it running webOS version 2" to which he replied "yes" (Now I is thinking P|C here I come!).
    You can probably guess what my next question was to him "Can you get a me a couple of pictures of the hardware, maybe the front and back?" to which he replied "Yes I will try but depends on whether I see the guy with the phone again!". Not sure what he meant by that last comment but he deals with a lot of internationals so maybe he was from abroad.

Now maybe he knew of the pre but didn't know what a pixi is and has confused what I have said, but running webOS 2 and HP branded hmmm makes you think!!

Anyway say what you want about this, thought I would pass it on as it makes for interesting reading. If I get the picture evidence you know where I will post it first, I will be keeping at him!!

EDIT: Right texted him and he is gonna get pics for me tomorrow. Don't hang me if it is an existing device, but here's to hoping!
    Last edited by beastobadness; 01/30/2011 at 11:02 AM.
    **YAWN**
  3.    #3  
    Yes you are probably right. Well I thought it was worth mentioning but I need hard proof!! And it is a bit long winded.
    We are 10 days away (and counting). It is time to stay away from the rumors and time to prepare ourselves for the news!!

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by beastobadness View Post
    "Nah, it looks sort of like this only smaller, it had a keyboard",
    Smaller than a Pre, with a keyboard... ugh. The pre's keyboard is hard enough to use, and is why more of my friends and relations don't have one.

HP needs to offer a phone with a comparably-sized keyboard to the Android devices, or there are folks who will simply never use WebOS.
    Doug Meerschaert
    NoInsultSoftware.com

Apps: Scratch, GasMath, CheckMath
    I keep reaading rumors of a smaller Palm Pre but nothing on a bigger size Palm Pre. Could it be that they only have a small Palm Pre and two tablets to show for this Feb 9?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Smaller with a keyboard? Sounds like a Pixi to me!
  8.    #8  
    Look my mate I got this info off is a tech wizard, the guy changes his phone like the wind and is using a Samsung Galaxy S at the mo, he didn't like the iPhone 4 because he didn't want to be a sheep.

As 'mikeisnowonfire' said it is only 10 days and counting to the day of reckoning. Maybe he is right this isn't the time to be listening to rumors. But it is nice to think about it!!
    interesting
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    is the OP in the UK? Did the guy answer to the name "fudge"?
    I culd see smaller than a Pre with a horizontal slider. Did you ask about keyboard orientation?
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    is the OP in the UK? Did the guy answer to the name "fudge"?
    Yes I am from the UK. 'Fudge'? Is this someone from a previous post?
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    was it pre 2 I think that has hp branding
    Quote Originally Posted by beastobadness View Post
    Yes I am from the UK. 'Fudge'? Is this someone from a previous post?
    yes, the 'fudge' part was a joke bcause we recently saw a member by that name provide a bunch of 'leaked' Palm documents bout upcoming tablets (but now phones). You can see that stuff in recent precentral articles on page 1 of precentral.net
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryAlan View Post
    I culd see smaller than a Pre with a horizontal slider. Did you ask about keyboard orientation?
    I didn't ask but wish I had. Having a few beers must have caused problems with questioning ability plus it was noisy.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    yes, the 'fudge' part was a joke bcause we recently saw a member by that name provide a bunch of 'leaked' Palm documents bout upcoming tablets (but now phones). You can see that stuff in recent precentral articles on page 1 of precentral.net
    Ah lol!
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by drexaljim View Post
    was it pre 2 I think that has hp branding
    It could have been I suppose but is the pre 2 not still palm branded? And he did say it was smaller than the pre!
  18.    #18  
    I can talk about this all I want but I definitely need hard proof even for myself. I will contact him again and ask.
    smaller as the pre can be a lot of devices. we do not know if he talks about a device with or without a slider. Pre + keyboard are taller as an iphone.

i believe it was an pre2, looks sort of the pre+ but is thinner/smaller.

i dont believe they would manufacture another phone, which looks sort of a pre. They have already a pre2 (which seems not to be sold very good), why would hey build a pre3.

I hope the next device will be a surprise like the pre/pixi were, when they were announced. I would love a pixi 2 and a pax (well maybe a new name), which is totally different.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    So you heard this rumor from a "dicky bird"? :O Not sure I'd trust this source...

WyreNut
    Pre2/3/TouchPad, and TouchDroid user.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast