Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Did we ever find out what a Dickie Bird is, Clarke?

http://img.coxnewsweb.com/B/04/59/17/image_4917594.jpg
  2.    #82  
    A little bird told me...little bird told me - Idioms - by the Free Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
    Have a gander at that! As for the 'dicky' it is an addition from the north of england. A dicky bird is another way of talking about any common garden bird! SO THERE lol!!
    i'm not saying he lied.. Heck, i hope it's true..
    Windows Mobile 6.x (boring but managed to make it fun) ---> Android (got annoyed with the loads of force closes & random resets) ---> webOS (not looking back)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Did we ever find out what a Dickie Bird is, Clarke?

http://img.coxnewsweb.com/B/04/59/17/image_4917594.jpg
    umm actually no !! lol ltm ltm ltm
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by beastobadness View Post
    So I was out with a good mate of mine having a few beers the other night .... He then mentioned he had a go on webOS at work, so I quizzed him knowing he worked for HP UK! ... I asked him "Was it on a pre or pixi?" to which he replied "No! IT WAS HP BRANDED".
    as you were leaving did you happen look back to see if he left a new WebOS device on his bar stool?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and dont necessarily represent AT&Ts positions, strategies or opinions.
    next time you come across a talking dicky bird at least take a picture
    Thread: A little dicky bird told me, direct from HP employee, about a new phone! MAYBE!!

This maybe old news but hey here goes and before anyone comments this IS the real deal info. I will not use his name for fear of him getting shot in the foot.
    By now, every single person on this site wishes your friend got shot in the foot.

So I was out with a good mate of mine having a few beers the other night and I gets my pre out to check a message (as you do). He then grabs my pre off me and proceeds to have a play with the UI and comments on how surprised he is at how smooth it was, so I told him it was overclocked! He then mentioned he had a go on webOS at work, so I quizzed him knowing he worked for HP UK! Now for the meaty info.
    So I asked him "Was it on a pre or pixi?" to which he replied "No! IT WAS HP BRANDED". By now my ears were starting to flap so much it was giving me a headache lol.
    This part of the story kinda scared me....especially the BOLD type. I just picture the two of you chatting at a table and when he replies he jumps up and yells that, possibly spilling the beer, even knocking one over.

So the next question from me was "It wasn't an iPAQ or anything?" to which he replied "Nah, it looks sort of like this only smaller, it had a keyboard", so I asked "was it running webOS version 2" to which he replied "yes" (Now I is thinking P|C here I come!).
    You can probably guess what my next question was to him "Can you get a me a couple of pictures of the hardware, maybe the front and back?" to which he replied "Yes I will try but depends on whether I see the guy with the phone again!". Not sure what he meant by that last comment but he deals with a lot of internationals so maybe he was from abroad.

Now maybe he knew of the pre but didn't know what a pixi is and has confused what I have said, but running webOS 2 and HP branded hmmm makes you think!!

Anyway say what you want about this, thought I would pass it on as it makes for interesting reading. If I get the picture evidence you know where I will post it first, I will be keeping at him!!

EDIT: Right texted him and he is gonna get pics for me tomorrow. Don't hang me if it is an existing device, but here's to hoping!
    So tomorrow's come and gone no pictures, it didn't happen.....(I don't make the rules around here but dem's da rulz ) It was very nice for you to go out of your way and spin a yarn for us, I thoroughly enjoyed it although you didn't have me fooled, not even for a second 4 days and change left.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    The mechanism inside the Pre is finicky enough. Making it smaller would only make it more difficult to build and more easy to break.
    World's smallest smartphone could simply mean that it's smaller than say the iphone 4. Stop thinking the actual diameter of the device. Maybe we should try thinking its thinner and lighter than anything currently out.
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    The mechanism inside the Pre is finicky enough. Making it smaller would only make it more difficult to build and more easy to break.
    Not if it is built with better materials, lets say, metal instead of cheap plastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by FordPrefect View Post
    "Worlds smallest smartphone" promised by HP execs = mini pre with a mini keyboard?
    Yup, just like I thought it would be. Hopefully this is the kind of thing someone is looking for. Personally, I had hopes that Palm would finally allow a landscape slider, something they've never done before.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345