Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beastobadness View Post
    I must apologise, he still hasn't got back to me about the pics. This will seem insignificant in oooh say 9 days! But I will keep trying!
    He needs more time for the photoshop job.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I'm just so in love with the rumors we've had so far about the new HP/Palm phone:

"Smallest phone in the world"
    "Nothing amazing"
    "No Sprint webOS phones"

And let's not forget HP's official phrase: Think Big, Think Small. Obviously the big is taken by the Slate/Pad, so that leaves small for the phone.

What in the world is this shaping up to be? The Kin?! I'm afraid to be disappointed. I've waited so long for an amazing phone running webOS, please don't force me to go to Android, I loathe it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titano View Post
    I'm just so in love with the rumors we've had so far about the new HP/Palm phone:

"Smallest phone in the world"
    "Nothing amazing"
    "No Sprint webOS phones"

And let's not forget HP's official phrase: Think Big, Think Small. Obviously the big is taken by the Slate/Pad, so that leaves small for the phone.

What in the world is this shaping up to be? The Kin?! I'm afraid to be disappointed. I've waited so long for an amazing phone running webOS, please don't force me to go to Android, I loathe it.
    Rumor is a slab phone with bigger screen than Pre and a new keyboardless Pixi with the same screen as the Pre, but smaller case making it the smallest smart phone. IDK though, just regurgitating what I have read.
    i love your avatar there sinime lol it makes the pre look like the already smallest smartphone in the world lol ltm ltm ltm
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Rumor is a slab phone with bigger screen than Pre and a new keyboardless Pixi with the same screen as the Pre, but smaller case making it the smallest smart phone. IDK though, just regurgitating what I have read.
    If that's the case then I'm relieved. It's just that almost all rumors regarding the phones seem to have been all pointing to a smaller device. I've seen fewer rumors of larger devices.

Since Palm matched the IPhone3Gs' specs when it came out with the original Pre, I would hope they keep themselves competitive and release something that surpasses the specs of the IPhone4. Considering how serious HP seems regarding webOS, I would expect them to believer an amazing phone, but who knows what they are truly planning.
    Why do you all fret? I think HP Palm said that they'll release the world's smallest smartphone. Phil McKinney said at an employee meeting that HP will release a webOS phone every two months. Folks, stop and breathe. What you see on Feb 9 will not be the end. More phones are coming and tablets will be forth coming. If you only see the smallest phone in the world on Feb 9 don't go stomping off all mad saying you're leaving. If you want to, fine. It's your choice but don't miss the forest from the trees.

In my mind the release schedule probably looks something like this:

March: 9in pad and phone
    May: another phone
    July: phone
    Sept: 7in pad and phone
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    There will be (according to HP) at least 10 new devices before Jan. 2012.

ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    There will be (according to HP) at least 10 new devices before Jan. 2012.

Which everyone should remain calm and not jump to any conclusions about failure or whatever. That goes for the people on Sprint as well.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    I must apologise, he still hasn't got back to me about the pics...
    I think we'd be more impressed if instead of posting a telephone game of hearsay like many other people have done i.e. "a friend of mine told me" or "walked into a Sprint store and..." you just waited for the pics and then posted them.

I don't care if I'm technically wrong but rumors actually used to mean something more credible in the tech world, this should just be called hearsay. Rumors used to come from people who claimed to be first hand sources or someone who worked within the company.
    Quote Originally Posted by FordPrefect View Post
    "Worlds smallest smartphone" promised by HP execs = mini pre with a mini keyboard?
    The mechanism inside the Pre is finicky enough. Making it smaller would only make it more difficult to build and more easy to break.
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Which everyone should remain calm and not jump to any conclusions about failure or whatever. That goes for the people on Sprint as well.
    Well...if I don't upgrade in March, I believe I'll lose my $150 discount from the Sprint Premier changes. I've heard conflicting answers on that, but that is the biggest reason I have for hoping we see a new device in March.
    looks like this died :P
    Windows Mobile 6.x (boring but managed to make it fun) ---> Android (got annoyed with the loads of force closes & random resets) ---> webOS (not looking back)
    I don't believe he lied .

ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    proceeds to have a play with the UI and comments on how surprised he is at how smooth it was,
    Assuming you and your friend are telling the truth, this is VERY bad for WebOS fans. If your overclocked Pre is amazingly smooth to him, then that means this new phone he saw is not.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Assuming you and your friend are telling the truth, this is VERY bad for WebOS fans. If your overclocked Pre is amazingly smooth to him, then that means this new phone he saw is not.
    Perhaps - it's also possible that he didn't really have a high opinion of the "older generation" and expected older webOS phones to suck.
    Maybe he's just messing with you, knowing you'd post about it. He has a Galaxy right?
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
  17.    #77  
    Well I have to the 9th at least to get the hard proof, if it doesn't happen by then, well so be it. This leaked vid of a new device could be the one my mate was talking about, but then again maybe not!!
    point him toward that vid and ask him?
    moral of the story: never trust a dicky bird
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkj View Post
    moral of the story: never trust a dicky bird
    Especially if it has a dicky do .

Opps did I say that ltm ltm
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast