Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    C3pre0
    Premier
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    If the are crazy enough to use the pre name again, then the name should be pr3. Leo wanted to make HP "hip" and "cool", no? Haha
    So last night I had a dream about 9 February --yes seriously, I'm a bit embarrassed to admit it. Anyway, in that dream there were two mobile phones announced. One was a 4" with thin bezel, with a landscape slide out keyboard, called the "Connect", the other was a very thin 3.5", basically the same industrial design as the Pixi (i.e. fun colors for the back panels) but without a physical keyboard, called the "you." (lowercase, with the punctuation).

I'm not trying to say those are good names, but on the off chance that the Palm gods were speaking to me in my dreams, there they are.

These days, awash in a sea of bland android and windows phone 7 devices, it's going to be hard to come up with a name that gets any attention on name alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I hope they kill the name Pre. Maybe the Palm Lunchbox and the Palm Thermos
    Pre hurt them so much they have to run from it. HP has to pretend it never happened...

"Pre...? Can you describe it?"

As much as I love Palm, The Pre damaged the company name as well.

The only worse name would be anything synonymous with "Fairy."
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 01/30/2011 at 04:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro1 View Post
    3peats are generally used for accomplishing something great three times in a row.
    Yeah, I got a "3peat" shirt for finishing my 3rd plate (200 beers per plate).

3peat.jpg
    Last edited by sinime; 01/30/2011 at 04:43 PM.
    Pr3

Public Relations (attempt) 3
    Wow that sounded better when it was in my mind

**EDIT**
    Phantasmn beat me to it!
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by suburban_war View Post
    So last night I had a dream about 9 February --yes seriously, I'm a bit embarrassed to admit it. Anyway, in that dream there were two mobile phones announced. One was a 4" with thin bezel, with a landscape slide out keyboard, called the "Connect", the other was a very thin 3.5", basically the same industrial design as the Pixi (i.e. fun colors for the back panels) but without a physical keyboard, called the "you." (lowercase, with the punctuation).

I'm not trying to say those are good names, but on the off chance that the Palm gods were speaking to me in my dreams, there they are.

These days, awash in a sea of bland android and windows phone 7 devices, it's going to be hard to come up with a name that gets any attention on name alone.
    Haha that is one sweet dream

Connect could work if the phone connects to the tablet and other devices. "u" would work for the Pixi since teens are really attracted to the device and that name seems to fit.
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    I don't think HP you! Will work. In fact, it stinks (pun intended).
    i dont believe there will be a pre3.

it will be hard to match a great and very simple name like iphone, oh wait you really call a phone just phone - insaneeeeeeeeeee

They can call it just P3

H P
    _ P alm
    _ P re

or just P^3
    I kind of think they should have called the new phone "Enyo" and not used that name as the developer tool.
    Despite all the humorous ideas here, I'd vote for a unique name that doesn't necessarily have a unique meaning. Dammit, name it the Pphone or the Hphone for all I care. Clearly the name iPhone was *****-proof just like Apple's persona.

I'm hoping for HP to create an "inTouch" line of products and have this be one of many that highlight cloud services and seamless interconnectivity. Don't say 'cloud' or 'interconnectivity', just make it WORK.
    I agree that giving it a new name would be a rather good strategy. The casual smartphone user who doesn't follow all the news would probably be much more turned on by "HP's brand-new phone" than "Palm's third try". While I hate to admit it, the Pre name IS associated with failure.

It would certainly solve the issue of what to name the successor of a phone that was just announced a few months ago. Then again, there was the Google Nexus and Nexus S announced in the same year, although a bit farther apart than the Pre2 and its speculated successor.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I would stay away from anything with the pre name as well, even though I liked the phone. If your trying to stay ahead of the competition why start by labeling yourself behind them already i.e. iPhone4 soon to be iPhone5. Besides that with the 4g buzz labeling going on it would be very anticlimactic to use a 3 in your product name. The name is very, very important to the success of this product, heck Android was really a nothing until the "Droid" it envokes something in your imagination that makes you think of your phone as a do all supercomputer that is indestrucible ala the terminator. And well now everyone calls their android phones "Droids" even though its really just a select few on Verizon with that label and the label only means that you get a mostly google experience and not a binged out bloatware version. I'm just saying in order for this to be a successful launch and propel webos back into the picture it has to be perfect on 4 fronts; NAME, HARDWARE, SOFTWARE and AVAILABILITY (it is not an iPhone and needs to be ready to launch across multiple networks simultaneously). Now we just wait......
    "Originality.....There's NO app for that!" -Th3H0ff
    enlive
    enquire for tablet
    encore for desktop
    entertain for tv
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Cielo
    pre 3d
    How about Palm Phoenix? It'll signify the rebirth of Palm after the HP acquisition (stick's with Palm's original idea of having P's in the name as well). Of course if HP ditches Palm entirely from the name, this wouldn't make any sense.
    Palm III>Sony CLIÉ S300>Sony CLIÉ N760C>Sony CLIÉ TG50 & Tapwave Zodiac 2>Handspring Treo 600>Palm Treo 700p>Palm Treo 755p>Palm Pre>FrankenPre2
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    How about the pre HD with a high res screen and HD camera
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast