Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    BBC News - Can Leo Apotheker make Hewlett Packard a cool company?

Four months ago, Leo Apotheker took charge of troubled computer giant Hewlett Packard. But is he the man to turn things around?
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 01/28/2011 at 07:35 AM.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    off topic, I like your avatar picture, have you seen microsof kin two, I think is the perfect design for a new palm pre, just the little extra screen it needs plus, sideway querty keyboard
    this is my favorite part.

it will be getting ready to ship," he promises, saying the product launch on 9 February will be on sale just a few weeks later.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    :-O
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Was just about to post this up myself. Is definitely an interesting article. As well as the shipping soon after Feb 9th this caught my attention:
    The product line will get a new name and come under the HP brand, Mr Apotheker says; the days of Palm and Palm Pre seem to be numbered.
    which sounds like confirmation Palm is going bye bye
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeBworth View Post
    this is my favorite part.

it will be getting ready to ship," he promises, saying the product launch on 9 February will be on sale just a few weeks later.

SO GREAT!

"'HP will stop making announcements for stuff it doesn't have. When HP makes announcements, it will be getting ready to ship,' he promises, saying the product launch on 9 February will be on sale just a few weeks later."
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
    that's great after his previous statements that HP would focus on its comercial side.

this article should be front page news(for PreCentral not the BBC)
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    New CEO of HP, Leo Apotheker, recently sat down with the BBC for an interview, in which he said that "the days of palm and palm pre seem to be numbered"

However, he also says, gone are the days of showcasing new products months before they are released, the products shown on February the 9th, will be released just weeks later.

Here is the full interview:
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    this article should be front page news(for PreCentral not the BBC)
    Yes. The " ...product launch on 9 February will be on sale just a few weeks later." is certainly something new and exciting.
  11. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlD89 View Post
    New CEO of HP, Leo Apotheker, recently sat down with the BBC for an interview, in which he said that "the days of palm and palm pre seem to be numbered"

However, he also says, gone are the days of showcasing new products months before they are released, the products shown on February the 9th, will be released just weeks later.

Here is the full interview:

No he doesn't - read it again. Yes that's what going to happen but that's not a direct quote from him (although I'm sure it's now going to appear all over the web as being from him), it's editorial commentary.
    Per the BBC article here: Can Leo Apotheker make Hewlett Packard a cool company?, one little tidbit is this:

Then, on 14 March, we will get the big unveiling, Mr Apotheker's "secret answer" and "vision of what HP is capable of in the future... the starting point".
    Sounds like a HP-wide vision, including webOS and hardware.

The fun is coming (I hope)
    Last edited by PrinceAlbert; 01/28/2011 at 09:22 AM. Reason: User Request
    I see pandas.
    All I know is I hope that part of it is moving their call centers out of India. Worst experience ever the other night trying to get my wifes laptop fixed. Their only goal was to get me off the phone not fix the problem.
    "HP will stop making announcements for stuff it doesn't have. When HP makes announcements, it will be getting ready to ship," he promises, saying the product launch on 9 February will be on sale just a few weeks later.

That is probably my favorite line inthe entire article. Good read and it makes me wantto believe more in HP and think that HP knew what they were doing when theyhired him.
    The starting gun will be fired on 9 February, with a "big product announcement" on mobile devices, and hints of phones and tablet computers.

The product line will get a new name and come under the HP brand, Mr Apotheker says; the days of Palm and Palm Pre seem to be numbered.

Then, on 14 March, we will get the big unveiling, Mr Apotheker's "secret answer" and "vision of what HP is capable of in the future... the starting point".
    So on the 9th, we're going to see all the goodies (phones, tablets, toasters, etc...) and then on the 14th, we're going to see the beyond?

Did I interpret that correctly?
    Sprint Love
    It sounds like March 14th is not so much about Tablets and Phones but the entire HP vision going forward. Probably cloud stuff.
    I'm getting to the point that I'm excited for the possibility of the Feb 7 Sprint announcement might actually be that they ARE getting the Iphone.

At least we would have some REAL info and not speculation.

I don't think Sprint is gonna drag it on, sounds like their announcement will be about NOW!
    Who cares about the iphone on sprint.

We need some real competition so that people don't think they need the iphone.
    But everybody is getting tired of the dragging on...

"No more and then...."

HP needs to have this announcement be big and not just an
    announcement about another announcement!
    <<Thread Renamed>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast