1.    #1  
    Just wondering who all is going to the Think Beyond Developer Event on Feb. 9th.

I've already got my plane tickets, arriving in SFO (pending any delays) at noon on the 9th, then flying out at 6am on the 10th (Will be hanging out in the airport a lot ;P). I managed to call in a favor at work (I work at an airport) to fly there/back for free, but as far as getting from the airport to the event and back I'm stuck.

Google says its a 4+ hr walk (yeah thats a no go, specially back from the event,) and its 1.5hrs via public transit with multiple modes of transportation (might be my only option.)

If anyone that is going and is willing to let me catch a ride to/from the event (from the airport) I would be most appreciative (Gas money? a webOS decal?) Otherwise I'm gonna have to try and drum up some money for a rental car (might have to call in some more favors for that.)

No longer needing a ride, already have a rental car reserved ;D
    Last edited by dawm; 01/31/2011 at 09:31 PM. Reason: removed font color formating to make it viewable
    Twitter: @dawm // @biocandy
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    Coming from L.A. arriving around 11:30am on feb 9, leaving next day around 10am. Going to use public transit exclusively.
    I was going to go, but think I will have to pass on it.
    got verbal OK @ work yesterday. Filing paperwork today.
    Need to ask the warden at home for permission, then hopefully driving the hybrid up for the event.
    http://lh4.ggpht.com/_pNjxfNpf2Ts/TU...s640/Route.png
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
  5.    #5  
    Are there any places one should see/visit while in San Fran? I've got a good couple hours to kill before the event after i arrive and now that ill have a rental car i'll be mobile :P
    Twitter: @dawm // @biocandy
    By pure luck I'll be there, but coming in the day before to play 'tourist' for a bit. Lots of stuff to see down on Fisherman's Wharf. Golden Gate, Alcatraz.. all the tourist stuff I want to do
    The easiest way from SFO would be to take BART from SFO into the city and get off at the Van Ness station, then take the 49 Muni bus, which goes on Van Ness all the way to the water and get off at the last stop.

From there, you can just walk over about 5-6 blocks to get to the Herbs Pavilion at Fort Mason.
    I will be there!
    i have a couple of friends going but im not able to go myself !! so they will be tweeting everything for me lol i hope !!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    SoCal webOS devs interested in car/dev-pooling to @palm #thinkbeyond http://tinyurl.com/thinkbeyond PM me or contact Greg of Sierra Blanco Systems (@SBScentral on twitter).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I will be going to the developer event. I was planning to take the bus from SFO so I will be following un_designer's advice.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I'll be there, flying into OAK and taking the BART over to the 30X bus, and then hoofing it a few blocks. At least that's what transit.511.org tells me to do. I'll probably get lost, but that's what Sprint Navigation is for right?
    Quote Originally Posted by intheory View Post
    I'll be there, flying into OAK and taking the BART over to the 30X bus, and then hoofing it a few blocks. At least that's what transit.511.org tells me to do. I'll probably get lost, but that's what Sprint Navigation is for right?
    It's a good thing you don't have Verizon GPS, you would end up in Fresno.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by intheory View Post
    hee hee hee, the 30X... you should google the 30X
    Im not going but I will be following all the announcements online. I definitely will have an unproductive day at work tomorrow. lol
  16. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    The easiest way from SFO would be to take BART from SFO into the city and get off at the Van Ness station, then take the 49 Muni bus, which goes on Van Ness all the way to the water and get off at the last stop.

From there, you can just walk over about 5-6 blocks to get to the Herbs Pavilion at Fort Mason.
    I'm doing this too. Gonna be in SF pretty early, anybody wanna meet up?