1.    #1  
    Sony reveals PlayStation Suite framework, store for Android gaming -- Engadget

So, Sony just made a VERY bold move. In short, they've announced a new gaming framework and store for Android. This is huge and will do nothing but help further push gaming on Android (which is a large and very profitable market in itself, look at iOS).

It would behoove HP to partner with Sony in a way that brought this new framework to webOS for its new lineup of tablets and phones.

Thoughts?
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    What does HP bring to the table?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    What does HP bring to the table?
    What does Android bring to the table? The devices.
  4. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    What does Android bring to the table? The devices.
    Right, massive amounts of devices and market-share and projected growth. That doesn't actually answer my question - at this point in time, what does HP bring to the table?

You could say "the devices" but by that logic, a tie-in with Windows 7 phone makes as much sense or blackberry.

Depending on what we see on the 9th, HP's line-up might have some potential but equally it could be simply another also-ran like WP7 seems to be. At the moment, there does not seem to be an upside for Sony to split their focus in that way. Maybe in a couple of years, if WebOS became successful.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Right, massive amounts of devices and market-share and projected growth. That doesn't actually answer my question - at this point in time, what does HP bring to the table?

You could say "the devices" but by that logic, a tie-in with Windows 7 phone makes as much sense or blackberry.

Depending on what we see on the 9th, HP's line-up might have some potential but equally it could be simply another also-ran like WP7 seems to be. At the moment, there does not seem to be an upside for Sony to split their focus in that way. Maybe in a couple of years, if WebOS became successful.
    For Sony, it's more exposure, which is what they need. For HP, it's a possible quick avenue to adoption.

Currently, as of today, HP has nothing to offer (at least publicly). Of course, my idea is based purely off speculation that HP will in fact release/announce something on 2/9 that's actually worthy in todays market, if that's the case then I full-heartedly believe they should be all over this.
  6. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Looking further into the actual announcement, I don't see any chance of this, they have throw everything in with Android - to change this at such an early stage would be very odd.
    I would love if HP would work with Sony, but they are going to have to gain serious momentum with HP webOS for that to happen. I love what Sony is doing, and I think it might be the next breakthrough in the mobile space.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    There is always the deep pockets of HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    For Sony, it's more exposure, which is what they need. For HP, it's a possible quick avenue to adoption.

Currently, as of today, HP has nothing to offer (at least publicly). Of course, my idea is based purely off speculation that HP will in fact release/announce something on 2/9 that's actually worthy in todays market, if that's the case then I full-heartedly believe they should be all over this.
    Sounds like Palm needs to whip up a PSP...DK. It's a-portin' time!

The onus should be on HP and Palm. Sony is hitching their wagon to one of the biggest platforms around, and it doesn't make any sort of sense for them to split their development efforts and focus elsewhere right now.

I will say I think the Gingerbread/2.3 requirement is going to be a problem. Almost no devices have it and very few were announced at CES shipping with it (none of the "4g" handsets for AT&T and Verizon, for example). Samsung is still struggling to get stable Froyo builds out to US Galaxy S devices, and that's several million handsets off the table for Sony.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Never gonna happen....... sadly.
    "I will go in this way, but I'll find my own way out." -DMB

Dear Lord,
    Please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over standard TCP/IP.
    Amen.
    I still don't get why sony didn't put a damn antena on a psp two years ago and call it a day. With out a game pad what sony games can you or would you want to play? I know the expiria has a game pad but most people will assume that they will be able to get sony games on their stock android phones. Sony has been dropping the ball since the playstation 2 and I am predicting fail. Don't they know that android users don't buy anything! That's like steam only advertising on the pirate bay.

new psp with quad core sounds dreamy though.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    With the new accouncment of the new PSP (NGP), I think thats gonna change. With a built in 3G radio and dual analog sticks!! ZOMG!! I know what I want for christmas this year.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/27/the-sony-psp2/
    "I will go in this way, but I'll find my own way out." -DMB

Dear Lord,
    Please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over standard TCP/IP.
    Amen.
    Well... the H/Palm can work with the partners:

Empresas com parceria fechada pra lançamento de jogos (by Kotaku.br):

Japão: Arc System Works, Artdink, Idea Factory, Irem, Aquire, ASCII MEdia Works, Arika, Alvion, Atlus, AQ Interactive, SNK Playmore, Edea, Enterbrain, Gust, Kadokawa Games, Kadokawa Shoten, Capcom, GungHo, Q Entertainment, Grasshopper Manufacture, Craft & Meister, Gameloft, Genki, Koei Tecmo, Codemasters, Konami, CyberConnect, Systemsoft Alpha, Square Enix Spike, Sega, Takara Tomy, Chunsoft, D3 Publisher, Dimps, Tose, Nau Production, Nippon Ichi, Nihon Falcom, Hudson, Hamster, Bandai Namco, From Software, Marvelous, Media Five, Yukes, Ubisoft, Level-5.

EUA: Activision, Capybara Games, Demiurge Studios, Epic Games, Far Sight Studios, Frima, High Voltage Software, Kung ** Factory, Paramount Digital Entertainment, PopCap Games, Powerhead Games, Ubisoft, Warner Bros., 2K Games, 2K Sports.

Europa: Avalanche Studios, Climax Studios, Codemasters, Eurocom, Eutechnyx, Exient, Firemint, Gameloft, Gusto Games, Home Entertainment Suppliers, Impromptu, Rebellion, Rockstar Games, Sidhe Interactive, Sumo Digital, Team 17, Ubisoft, Zen Studios.

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Well... the H/Palm can work with the partners:
    I interpreted the Playstation Suite as a portable SDK for Android and Sony devices. Palm would need to make a complement SDK to make those games portable to WebOS devices (like they did with the iOS SDK and the PDK) to make the partners willing to spend a week porting a game out on a WebOS device.

The alternative is as everyone else is pointing out, Sony releasing the SDK for WebOS. Which would make it really easy for their partners to port the game over. I don't see this happening until the partners demand the expansion.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxion View Post
    With the new accouncment of the new PSP (NGP), I think thats gonna change. With a built in 3G radio and dual analog sticks!! ZOMG!! I know what I want for christmas this year.

Sony's next PSP, codenamed NGP -- Engadget
    The thing comes with a quad-core CPU?!? Hmm, guess what kinds of phones we'll be seeing next year...

Although it still doesn't beat the 3DS for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    The thing comes with a quad-core CPU?!? Hmm, guess what kinds of phones we'll be seeing next year...

Although it still doesn't beat the 3DS for me.
    dude, quad core cpu and quad core gpu. The thing is beast!
    Quote Originally Posted by wesleymarin View Post
    dude, quad core cpu and quad core gpu. The thing is beast!
    ...and 96 seconds of battery life.
    I heard it has about the same battery life as the PSP.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums