1.    #1  
    with the advent of google cloud print...printing from any mobile phone, and the lack or innovation on leaked tablet specs - is anyone else out there worried that HP/Palm's thunder has been stolen yet again? At least Zeus's lightning bolt had Percy Jackson & the Olympians to retrieve it...who will help Palm/HP get back OUR thunder?!?
    This is probably in the wrong thread.

My question to you, is, what exactly is 'lacking innovation'? How are the leaked specs lacking any more innovation than the iPad did at launch?

Touch to share isn't innovative?

All the wireless data tricks with the touchstone version 2 isn't innovative?

What did you hope for? Holographic projector built in?
    I don't know about you but i can print from my mobile phone with my Hp/ web printer and print pictures instantly to it with the hp picture print app.

Evo-lution
    Just wait. I think seamless usability between phone, tablet, and pc is where hp will excel.

Google and HP went on stage to show off print: Google Cloud Print gets HP ePrint compatibility demo [Video] - SlashGear look 21mins in

Maybe HP will make google print across the entire phone, or maybe we will have an hp service alongside with. Just wait, really not much longer now.

Specs won't matter if the user experience is great.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    I tried it and it works fine - not sure what I'd actually use it for...

Having said that, I looked at some HP web printers, those suckers sure are pricey, I always get my printers in the sale for 40 or less. I can see some niche interest in paying out a couple of hundred on a printer but for the average family - it blows my mind.
    I've only used HP for its laserjet printers (got a 3390 copier/fax/scanner way back when). For pics, i've always used canon (s900>s9000>pro9000 currently).
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Specs won't matter if the user experience is great.
    Great user experience won't matter if the entire internet will be plastered over with people posting about "inferior" hardware, even if it's state of the art. It's really, really sad... But if you look at the front-page comments section, it's already begun.
    i got mine at best buy on sale, normally about 160 dollars it was on sale for 100. They also had another that was on sale for 65 dollars. The only difference was a much smaller touch screen.

Evo-lution
    But most things printed by Google's cloud service will be printing on an HP printer. Coincidence? Perhaps not...
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    This is probably in the wrong thread.

My question to you, is, what exactly is 'lacking innovation'? How are the leaked specs lacking any more innovation than the iPad did at launch?

Touch to share isn't innovative?

All the wireless data tricks with the touchstone version 2 isn't innovative?

What did you hope for? Holographic projector built in?
    touch to share may be innovative, but it seems the pad will just be an ipad knockoff. I have personally owned palm products since 1995, and I love them. I'd just rather see improved hardware, rather than a "me too" device ("comparable to the ipad").

still, I love palm products.