Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I saw an interesting OS version show up in my apps user logs.

I saw the WebOS 2.1.0 show up on release day of my app. I figured that was Palm's internal testing as it was reported as only 1 download. What's interesting is over the weekend, 'nova-barleywine' showed up and it says 7 downloads.

See the screenshot below.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    good looks, feb 9th cant come soon enough, i get the goosebumps just thinkin about it
    Huh, cool.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    So do people think this is like WebOS 3.0 or something?
    What is the OP's app, and what was the date of that? Could it have been one of the Pre2 owners that apparently got a 2.1 update as reported on the P|C front page recently?
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    The app is "InterfaceLIFT for WebOS". I released it to the app catalog last week. The 'nova-barleywine' showed up this weekend. I checked the metrix on Friday and didn't see it, checked it this morning and it was there.
    well isnt the nova(palm novacom) device recognition by your computer? it could be tablet based running new software, cuz that would designate a new device...
    Quote Originally Posted by krische View Post
    The app is "InterfaceLIFT for WebOS". I released it to the app catalog last week. The 'nova-barleywine' showed up this weekend. I checked the metrix on Friday and didn't see it, checked it this morning and it was there.
    Did the IP address indicate where the hits came from? That might pin it down to whether it was a Pre2, internal testing, etc. If they plan to show (or ship?) any of this at the event on the 9th... I would assume more developers would see this sort of traffic as the date approaches. If it's a Pre2 user, probably be consistent but perhaps not ramping higher. Eh?
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Looks like it's the WebOS 2.1 for Sprint. This is the screen grab from when WebOS 2.1 on a Sprint Pre was leaked to engadget.

Article: webOS 2.0 for the Sprint Palm Pre leaks out, added features in tow -- Engadget

Image attached. You can clearly see it's 'nova barleywine'
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Did the IP address indicate where the hits came from? That might pin it down to whether it was a Pre2, internal testing, etc. If they plan to show (or ship?) any of this at the event on the 9th... I would assume more developers would see this sort of traffic as the date approaches. If it's a Pre2 user, probably be consistent but perhaps not ramping higher. Eh?
    I don't think I can get that kind of detail (IP Address) from Metrix (Metrix, analytics and developer tools for webOS - presented by webOSroundup and Syntactix). For the actual device names it only says Pixi and Pre. So either I haven't gotten any downloads on a Pre2, or the Pre2 still reports itself as a Pre.
    Looks like it's the WebOS 2.1 for Sprint. This is the screen grab from when WebOS 2.1 on a Sprint Pre was leaked to engadget.

Article: webOS 2.0 for the Sprint Palm Pre leaks out, added features in tow -- Engadget

Image attached. You can clearly see it's 'nova barleywine'
    I would assume that it's a build internal to HP. All of the screenshots I've seen leaked previously didn't have code names listed for version numbers...
    I don't think I can get that kind of detail (IP Address) from Metrix (Metrix, analytics and developer tools for webOS - presented by webOSroundup and Syntactix). For the actual device names it only says Pixi and Pre. So either I haven't gotten any downloads on a Pre2, or the Pre2 still reports itself as a Pre.
    Sorry for this being way off topic, but are there any downsides for the end user adding the metrix code to an app?
    Guys, I wouldn't get too excited about this.
    trust me, it's not a big deal
    I'm just excited that we are getting closer to 2.x being released to the public!!

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Sorry for this being way off topic, but are there any downsides for the end user adding the metrix code to an app?
    Not that I'm aware of. It just executes and reports the data at app startup. Can't imagine it being more than 1KB of data.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Guys, I wouldn't get too excited about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by tha2nddunn View Post
    trust me, it's not a big deal
    I just think it means an update for WebOS is near. With this showing up in the log and a few people accidentally getting a WebOS Update message, I think it means that a WebOS update (2.1 I'm guessing) is close to being released on Sprint.
    nova-barleywine popped up not too long after

http://forums.precentral.net/future-...d-version.html
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevillain View Post
    I have it.
    I don't think you are supposed to talk about that here.
    I don't think you are supposed to talk about that here.
    You can say you have it on your phone amd even talk about it on your phone, just not redistribute the doctor or ask where to get it, publicly.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 02/03/2011 at 01:55 AM.