Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm still a newbie, so I can't post links, apparently.

Just go to eBay and search "Foleo" and you'll see it. As of this post it's got two days left.

It's brand new, unopened, and the box is signed by the Palm development team.

WOW!!!
    Cool!
    just how many of those did they make?
  5.    #6  
    That's the one. Thanks!
    Looks like the seller was on the team that worked on the Foleo, which is interesting, because I thought a while back I read that people who worked on it had to sign off that they wouldn't sell it or something like that. I wonder if that doesn't matter anymore now that it's HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    how'd you come up with that number?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    how'd you come up with that number?
    I think Douglas Adams told him
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    I think Douglas Adams told him
    Go hitch a ride, but don't forget your towel.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I had never heard of this device before I clicked on that auction. Its a shame that they never went to market with it.
    I want that! Pity the seller doesn't ship to Australia, and I don't have a Palm OS device.
    My foleo is in front of me as I type this. Alot of fun. Still trying to find some way to play mp3's on it (pocketTunes was created? but can't find a copy anywhere).

You only need a Palm device if you want to sync email. Otherwise, you have a nifty netbook, linux 2.4 (terminal is one of the apps), instant on/off, Docs to Go, File Manager, PDF Viewer, Photo Viewer, SD card slot for removable media, can use compact flash to expand base memory, removable battery, USB, browser, wifi, bluetooth. You can also download a bunch of files from TealPoint.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Looks like the seller was on the team that worked on the Foleo, which is interesting, because I thought a while back I read that people who worked on it had to sign off that they wouldn't sell it or something like that. I wonder if that doesn't matter anymore now that it's HP.
    Looks like eBay has taken down the auction, so the above statement is probably correct.
  14.    #15  
    Oh no! What happened? It wasn't scheduled to end until tomorrow, but it sure enough is gone.

The last bid I saw for it was $500.

What would you do with it, though? Take it out and play with it, or put it on display as an artifact of what coulda, shoulda been?
    Quote Originally Posted by katefields View Post
    Oh no! What happened? It wasn't scheduled to end until tomorrow, but it sure enough is gone.

The last bid I saw for it was $500.

What would you do with it, though? Take it out and play with it, or put it on display as an artifact of what coulda, shoulda been?
    Make a shrine? Make Dieter jealous? The possibilities really are endless...
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JKK Photography View Post
    Make a shrine? Make Dieter jealous? The possibilities really are endless...
    No kidding, I think I can hear Dieter crying from here.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre1 View Post
    No kidding, I think I can hear Dieter crying from here.
    Didn't he got 1 already? I read from his twitter feed that he now owns a brand new foleo.. I am so jealous!
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    My foleo is in front of me as I type this. Alot of fun. Still trying to find some way to play mp3's on it (pocketTunes was created? but can't find a copy anywhere).

You only need a Palm device if you want to sync email. Otherwise, you have a nifty netbook, linux 2.4 (terminal is one of the apps), instant on/off, Docs to Go, File Manager, PDF Viewer, Photo Viewer, SD card slot for removable media, can use compact flash to expand base memory, removable battery, USB, browser, wifi, bluetooth. You can also download a bunch of files from TealPoint.

You can get Pocket Tunes for Palm OS from here.

Pocket Tunes : Palm MP3 Player : Treo MP3 Player : Palm AAC Player : Palm WMA Player : Smartphone MP3 Player : Pocket PC MP3 Player

Jon
    Palm III -> Palm IIIc -> Palm M505 -> Palm Tungsten T5 -> Palm Treo 600 -> Palm Treo 650 -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Plus (All running InfoSelect)
    I am pretty sure he is the one who bought the Foleo that everyone is talking about. In his tweet he said it was unopened, just like in the Ebay posting.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast