Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    i just started working at a cold storage and we use palm visors to manifest some things. never used a pda. as i came of age to use those things they were long gone. i am surprised at how easy the thing is to use. really showed how far tech has come. haha. im just surprised they still work.
    One thing that helps them work is the fact that they used AAA batteries. A modern rechargeable would have not only died since then, but would have become irreplaceable years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
    The final one, Visor Prism, had a non-removable battery. I can still get it to boot up.

I know the military used to like the AAA battery powered ones.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    I forgot about the old Prism. I'm impressed it still powers up, but I won't how long it would last. I know they lasted for days and days without a recharge back then. That's the big down-side to all these super-high-powered PDAs and smartphones; they just eat batteries.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
    My first PDA was the original Handspring Visor. I was very utting edge in those days!