Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    The problem with this, you'd have to wear it instead of your watch and you'd sure look a nerd. I can't see this type of device being too conductive to attracting the ladies (or the men depending on your preference).

if its designed to be subtle i don't think it would be any less attractive than a sports watch...
    Id love to see a WebOS-esque watch. Don't care if I looked nerdy or not (I don't think it would) but all in all, I am a pretty big nerd.
  3. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    That's fairly enough, I'm fussy about my appearance.
    I know all of this speculation is fun and everything, but does anyone get the idea that expectations are getting a little out of hand? I mean, I'm sure that HP is working on some cool futuristic products, but does anyone really think anything so completely radical is on the agenda for 2/9?

HP just closed their acquisition of Palm around six months ago. That's not enough time to have developed a brand-new high-end smartphone, let alone something so advanced as a watch-phone-device of some kind.

I'll love to be proven wrong here. I'll come back and eat two plates of crow if I am. But I'm also afraid people are going to be really, really disappointed even if HP "just" announces some decent hardware and a future plan for a winning ecosystem.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    I think you will just pair it with ur phone, and receive alerts for texts, calls, calendar alerts, throughout the day.
    That is how I think it should be. Being able to see who is calling you and answer the phone without using your phone. You could use the watch as a speakerphone. Imagine driving, getting a call, oh boy its your mom. You tap answer on your watch and boom you start talking.

I think the watch is real. And it will be $99. Lol thats going to be a hard sell, but I would buy it!

Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I know all of this speculation is fun and everything, but does anyone get the idea that expectations are getting a little out of hand? I mean, I'm sure that HP is working on some cool futuristic products, but does anyone really think anything so completely radical is on the agenda for 2/9?

HP just closed their acquisition of Palm around six months ago. That's not enough time to have developed a brand-new high-end smartphone, let alone something so advanced as a watch-phone-device of some kind.

I'll love to be proven wrong here. I'll come back and eat two plates of crow if I am. But I'm also afraid people are going to be really, really disappointed even if HP "just" announces some decent hardware and a future plan for a winning ecosystem.

I would be happy with some decent hardware phones.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12