Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34
  1.    #1  
    I walked into a local Sprint store with a buddy to exchange his Optimus today. While standing there texting on my Pre, I was approached by a rep. He pulled out his launch date Pre, and naturally, we started talking. I brought up my phone's declining condition and he echoed the sentiment. He then said something interesting.

    He told me to watch out for HP's conference on the 9th, as they'd be announcing new phones. Immediately, I asked him if he knew anything. He gave me a weird look. "Not really," he said. "But I know we are supposed to be getting it sometime in March."

    At that point, he was whisked away by his manager to help a client. I waited for him to return, but my friend had finished and was wanting to leave, so we got outta there. Keep in mind, this is a sprint rep rumor, so take it with a grain of salt. I just found it kinda interesting and thought I'd share. We will know for sure soon enough.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Divine View Post
    I walked into a local Sprint store with a buddy to exchange his Optimus today. While standing there texting on my Pre, I was approached by a rep. He pulled out his launch date Pre, and naturally, we started talking. I brought up my phone's declining condition and he echoed the sentiment. He then said something interesting.

    He told me to watch out for HP's conference on the 9th, as they'd be announcing new phones. Immediately, I asked him if he knew anything. He gave me a weird look. "Not really," he said. "But I know we are supposed to be getting it sometime in March."

    At that point, he was whisked away by his manager to help a client. I waited for him to return, but my friend had finished and was wanting to leave, so we got outta there. Keep in mind, this is a sprint rep rumor, so take it with a grain of salt. I just found it kinda interesting and thought I'd share. We will know for sure soon enough.
    Yes there willbe alot more of this as we get closer to Feb. 9th
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #3  
    We should have a giant "A rep told me" thread with a spreadsheet in it and we could see if and when any of these tall-tales come true.

    If everything come true in these various "a rep told me" threads, we'd have a line of 14 palm phones of various sizes, 28 tablets, a palm TV, a Palm watch phone, a WEbOS toaster and so on.
  4. #4  
    It's like that "This one time at bandcamp..." line lol

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums


    My Themes:CLICK HERE
  5. #5  
    I was in a sprint store yesterday with my wife exchanging her broken BB.

    Saw the Galaxy tablet on display and asked rep about HPs coming.

    He said he owns a Pre but is currently using an EVO. He had no idea of the
    announcement coming or new HP products and was intriged that I knew about
    it.

    Most reps are in the dark and thats ok.
  6. #6  
    I don't know what but i know that regional reps are in touch with Palm, or as they told me, "Well, HP now." I don't know when or what but I knw
  7. #7  
    I was shopping phone plans the other day. Sprint guy seemed more knowledgeable than most of the Reps I have talked to. He was pleasant and willing to spend some time talking. I mentioned I wish they had a Palm phone. He replied,
    " yeah too bad, . ................... made it clear that there would never be another Palm phone on Sprint". I cannot remember the name, but it just rolled off his tongue like it was someone pretty important at Sprint.
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." - Thoreau
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Different Drummer View Post
    I was shopping phone plans the other day. Sprint guy seemed more knowledgeable than most of the Reps I have talked to. He was pleasant and willing to spend some time talking. I mentioned I wish they had a Palm phone. He replied,
    " yeah too bad, . ................... made it clear that there would never be another Palm phone on Sprint". I cannot remember the name, but it just rolled off his tongue like it was someone pretty important at Sprint.
    They'd be so stupid if that were the case. After seeing 100 pages of angry sprint owners demanding the Pre2 all over their Facebook page, they surely realize that they'd be cutting a good chunk of their users off to not allow any further webOS phones. Many like myself will not give in for a POS android phone if they don't bring a new webOS phone. It'll be carrier/network shopping time without 1 bit of doubt!
  9. irateb's Avatar
    Posts
    257 Posts
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    They'd be so stupid if that were the case. After seeing 100 pages of angry sprint owners demanding the Pre2 all over their Facebook page, they surely realize that they'd be cutting a good chunk of their users off to not allow any further webOS phones. Many like myself will not give in for a POS android phone if they don't bring a new webOS phone. It'll be carrier/network shopping time without 1 bit of doubt!
    No, they're probably banking on people like me who will be mad as hell, but won't leave because they're currently still the cheapest date in town. My sister just got an Evo Shift, which I played with last night and it wasn't terrible. I'll wait until 2/9, and also see if the Shift can do HDMI...
  10. #10  
    i bet sprint gets at least 1 phone as a trial deal . if it sales well then they may get another then again they may not lol of course i could be totaly off kilter here as well ltm ltm ltm
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    If everything come true in these various "a rep told me" threads, we'd have a line of 14 palm phones of various sizes, 28 tablets, a palm TV, a Palm watch phone, a WEbOS toaster and so on.
    wait, you heard about the webos toaster coming in may, just before mother's day, too?

    i heard this one from my sears appliance rep!
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by irateb View Post
    No, they're probably banking on people like me who will be mad as hell, but won't leave because they're currently still the cheapest date in town. My sister just got an Evo Shift, which I played with last night and it wasn't terrible. I'll wait until 2/9, and also see if the Shift can do HDMI...
    Evo shift only does 1280x720 video and no hdmi out. it is missing too many of the killer phone bells & whistles for me to switch to if, if hp doesn't come through on feb 9, but i am guessing hp will have enough ecosystem products to announce to keep me on webos. sprint, on the other hand! there just better be something good or something that i can transfer my pre- sprint radio into so i can keep up with the latest!
  13. #13  
    I am not going to substantiate any rumors until February 9th, so I will be waiting until then.... less than 2 weeks!


    My Themes:CLICK HERE
  14. #14  
    I was at the mall the other day and thought about going to the sprint store. Then I spoke to a janitor and he told me his uncles friends daughter who cleans windows at the sprint store thought she seen the reflection of a new palm phone coming in march in the window. When she turned around it was gone. Seems like a reliable source. Just as good as some 20 year old kid working in the sprint store that everyone thinks gets the news on super secret devices being released by palm.
  15. #15  
    lol
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    We should have a giant "A rep told me" thread with a spreadsheet in it and we could see if and when any of these tall-tales come true.

    If everything come true in these various "a rep told me" threads, we'd have a line of 14 palm phones of various sizes, 28 tablets, a palm TV, a Palm watch phone, a WEbOS toaster and so on.
    I went to a Palm Pre forum site, and it was filled with dire predictions about the demise of Palm. If all of the predictions on that forum had come true, Palm would have been completely bankrupt several times over, every one of their devices would have quit working, and none of their customers would would ever be looking at another device from Palm or HP.

    But of course, what the detractors say about Palm and HP has absolutely no bearing on whether or not what the original poster had to say was true - just like all of the other "a rep told me" threads have no bearing on the validity of this one.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Different Drummer View Post
    I was shopping phone plans the other day. Sprint guy seemed more knowledgeable than most of the Reps I have talked to. He was pleasant and willing to spend some time talking. I mentioned I wish they had a Palm phone. He replied,
    " yeah too bad, . ................... made it clear that there would never be another Palm phone on Sprint". I cannot remember the name, but it just rolled off his tongue like it was someone pretty important at Sprint.
    Could be that he knew that all future phones were going to be HP branded.
  18. #18  
    Bought my wife a EVO Shift on Thursday from the guy at Sprint who's been selling me phones for years...he sold me my launch day Pre (and has one himself) and said they'd have a new HP device before I'm eligible to upgrade April 1st. He also said that Sprint would be announcing it at their Feb. 5th event...think about it for a minute. It wouldn't hurt HP to have Sprint announce an upcoming "revolutionary" HP device coming to Sprint without going into specifics as a tease to their Feb. 9th event. I guess we'll know soon enough!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!


  19. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I went to a Palm Pre forum site, and it was filled with dire predictions about the demise of Palm. If all of the predictions on that forum had come true, Palm would have been completely bankrupt several times over, every one of their devices would have quit working, and none of their customers would would ever be looking at another device from Palm or HP.

    But of course, what the detractors say about Palm and HP has absolutely no bearing on whether or not what the original poster had to say was true - just like all of the other "a rep told me" threads have no bearing on the validity of this one.
    Dude, the demise of palm actually happened! it failed.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Dude, the demise of palm actually happened! it failed.
    Yeah! Whatever! And here I was thinking that you had been able to purchase Palm phones continuously through to the present time.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions