1.    #1  
    How cool would this phone be if it was webos and could display cards from screen to screen. Share your thoughts. i just thought i was a really cool idea.

What is being creative? on Vimeo
    put WebOS on that and i am buying it for $500 with a 2 year contract
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Its a cool phone I really like the concept, but just don't see it working good with webos. That kind of phone needs a UI built for that phone.
    I'm thinking I'd mangle that thing so fast......

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Wow. That looks fantastic.
    I would buy that phone no matter th os that powers it.

Quote Originally Posted by card0124 View Post
    Its a cool phone I really like the concept, but just don't see it working good with webos. That kind of phone needs a UI built for that phone.
    I think webos would work with, of course tweaked a bit.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I don't know. I couldn't see anything (I'm on a palm pre)
    This is a concept that's familiar. many companies are experimenting with flex screens, epaper, nano materials and such. This is probably 5-10 years if not more from consumer release, but it will likely not ever be seen in this exact format.

I can see a tweaked version of webOS running this. If you think about it, it would need to be a flexible OS like WebOS to even work.

I would like to see solar panels to help boost battery life built into the designs of new phones...
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Quote Originally Posted by e-gadget-guy View Post
    I would like to see solar panels to help boost battery life built into the designs of new phones...
    +1
    I just dont see myself using that as a vase.
    [QUOTE=astraith;2834841]I would buy that phone no matter th os that powers it.QUOTE]

+1

That IS a sweet looking phone without a doubt

and very good as a commercial as well
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    it would be pretty awesome if on later webos devices you are able to swipe a card from one device right on to another
    This is a concept that's familiar. many companies are experimenting with flex screens, epaper, nano materials and such. This is probably 5-10 years if not more from consumer release, but it will likely not ever be seen in this exact format.
    this. well said. design (product/ID/interactive/etc) disciplines have been experimenting with the concept of flexible displays and hyper-efficient power sources forever. it's been "5-10 years away" for a while, too. it's a lot harder than we all think, but considering that it's been 5-10 years away for close to 20 years now... i think we might actually see it in the next 5-10 years

i'm optimistic, but cautiously so, and setting up my expectations bar a little lower for that delight when it does come.

I can see a tweaked version of webOS running this. If you think about it, it would need to be a flexible OS like WebOS to even work.

They could also have a battery in each screen, boosting power resources.

I could see a phone with two screens, that fold up similar to this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by sakamano View Post
    it would be pretty awesome if on later webos devices you are able to swipe a card from one device right on to another
    I think you might see something like that this summer, but not with a Palm device.