Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I emailed iGo, the maker of those power tips, hoping to bait one of their customer service guys. I asked "Hello, will iGo be carrying a tip for HP/Palm's new webOS phone coming out in February?" The reply I got was: "Please check our websites for future updates on the new HP/Palm's new webOS phone for tips. Please check after February or May."

Wait... February "or May"? If you were gonna be uncertain or dodge a question, wouldn't you say "Feb or March"? The "or May" leads me to think that either:
    A. new tips will be announced when the phone is announced in Feb and both will be released in May
    B. new tips will be announced and released when the new phone is announced and released in Feb. And they will be available for another phone in the lineup (or tablet or toaster) to be released in May.

I know it's not much... but it is an interesting reply.

Does anyone know how long iGo has typically taken to release tips for new devices?

This could be a good strategy at this stage in the game. 3rd parties have to be getting a heads up. We should email 3rd party accessory makers and ask if they will be making their product for the new phone... see if anyone takes the bait...
    Nothing gets past you does it there, Sherlock???

Nice effort, and good idea
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Thanks

Let's not all 5000 of us start emailing 3rd parties. I'll go ahead and do that for a few of them and post back here the replies I get.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    From Otterbox:
    At this point we do not have any information if a case will be made for that device, but it is something that has been requested a lot. I would say to keep an eye on our website, as it will have the most up to date information on any new releases that we may have.
    Quote Originally Posted by matt1618 View Post
    Wait... February "or May"? If you were gonna be uncertain or dodge a question, wouldn't you say "Feb or March"? The "or May" leads me to think that either:
    A. new tips will be announced when the phone is announced in Feb and both will be released in May
    B. new tips will be announced and released when the new phone is announced and released in Feb. And they will be available for another phone in the lineup (or tablet or toaster) to be released in May.
    You forgot:

C. The typo made when typing "Mar" and accidentally hitting the "y" two keys to the right.
    D. In Bangalore, they may not appreciate the fine difference in the spelling of those 2 abbreviated months.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    yeah... good call. Well, maybe contacting 3rd parties anyway will turn up some tips? I've contacted Seidio, Otterbox, invisibleSHIELD, Body Glove, Mobi Products, Body Guardz, Incipio, E&B Company, Nite Ize, Golla, and OverBoard - we'll see what they're responses are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    You forgot:

C. The typo made when typing "Mar" and accidentally hitting the "y" two keys to the right.
    D. In Bangalore, they may not appreciate the fine difference in the spelling of those 2 abbreviated months.
    Bangalore........haven't heard that name in some time. I didn't realize it was a place, in fact the last time I heard that name......Bangalore Torpedo, used in disrupting/destroying barbed wire/concertina/razor wire barricades. Oh those were the days....fun days, but glad they are long past
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Great thread, I can't wait to see other responses from other companies.

@sledge007, your avatar/pic is... hypnotizing to say the least. Awesome.
    Sprint Love
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    From Overboard (the waterproof case):
    Thank you for your e-mail. We don’t really make any phone specific cases, we try to make the sizing as universal as possible. If you check out the dimensions online, the current case will probably accommodate the new phone, if you have the specs on it already. Thank you.
    thanks so is my puppy Shilo. Might look a little funny, I took her picture and she had real bad "pet eyes" from the flash, and that was my first photoshop attempt at fixing them

Off Topic -- "Help with fixing pet eye..." has the original picture.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Fans of Body Glove may be a bit disappointed. First I got:
    "I haven’t heard anything about a case for this phone. Please check back in early February, when we get our list of “coming soon” cases."
    Then another email that said:
    "I checked a bit further and learned that we definitely are not making a case for this phone."
    What's up with that?
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    What's with the lack of love for HP's new Superphone? This from Seidio:
    "Thank you for contacting Seidioonline.com. Unfortunately, we currently do not have any plans to release accessories for that device at this time. However, we are always in the process of developing and releasing new accessories, so we do recommend periodically checking our online store for product updates.

If you have additional questions or concerns, feel free to contact us at 832-204-1118."
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Bangalore........haven't heard that name in some time. I didn't realize it was a place, in fact the last time I heard that name......Bangalore Torpedo, used in disrupting/destroying barbed wire/concertina/razor wire barricades. Oh those were the days....fun days, but glad they are long past
    That's old news. In the call center world (and also the tech world), everyone in-the-know knows about the city of Bangalore - which is the namesake for the very device you describe in your post, thanks to the British India Army in the early 1900s.
    I could be wrong, but if one of these third party companies had specs and info on the new HPalm phones, it would have been leaked already. I may be way off base, but have a feeling that once the new phone(s) are released, then the third party vendors will jump on board with accessories.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    This from Nite Ize, appears they have a bit of foresight... or just coincidence:
    "Thank you for your interest in Nite Ize products. In regards to your email, Nite Ize makes universally size phone holsters to fit a variety of phones. We have recently introduced a couple of new phone holsters, the Clip Case Cargo Tall and the Clip Case Sideways large. They will be available in early February. I have provided you with a link to them on our website. Their dimensions can be found under Product Details."
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Is iGo changing their message? I got another email from customer service today:
    "Unfortunately we are not sure at this time. You can continue to check our website iGo Universal Chargers & Power Adapters for updates. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us at support@igo.com"
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    I think, thanks for trying, but I haven't read anything yet that makes me think anyone has given away any real hints. Anything that sounds like it may hint at a product release in February or any other time is probably just a coincidence due to the generality of their response.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Here's some better news from BodyGuardz, the makers of those protective skins:
    "Thank you for contacting us! We are always adding new devices to our website. We do have plans to create protectors for the new Palm device coming out soon. We do not have a release date as to when this device will be released, so we do not know when we will have the protectors available. Please let us know if you have any further questions and we will be happy to assist you."

So... they have specs at least... and they know the announcement date like everyone else... just not the release date...

I would think more 3rd parties would respond like this, this late in the game. It is important for 3rd parties to get a jump on the market and to release with the 1st party device as soon after it as possible, if not concurrently.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I hear ya Thead. I'll post the rest of these responses and then call it a day - hey, didn't hurt to try, ya never know what someone could unknowingly leak.

Anyway, here's some good news also from E&B Company, the makers of the copilot case:
    "We do plan to make more cases for the newer devices, especially the new HP phone."

... devices (plural)... phone (singular)...hmmm...
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I followed up to E&B and asked:
    "Do you know when the cases and/or the new HP phone will be released? "

They replied:
    "I do not, but I believe it will be soon. They had something on it at CES and I would imagine it will release in the next 2 month"

Of course, we know they had nothing on it at CES... sigh... oh well...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast