Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Oh, PLEASE HP/Palm, please tell me this isn't true. According to Engadget's "tipster," while the tablets are fantastic/cool, the phones:

Our tipster also says that the company will launch handsets (note, more than one), but he claims that what he's seen is "nothing too amazing."
    HP / Palm tablet to feature Touchstone dock, cloud storage, Beats audio and Tap-to-Share smartphone integration -- Engadget

This was my fear as it has seemed that HP has been talking up the tablet/netbook world a lot more than phones. What a disappointment if true....
    Very tough to say. You can bet HP is looking hard for the "tipster" as are a lot of developers who have stuck to the NDA.
    If you're going to quote a post, don't change the quote.

"Nothing amazing" and "Nothing too amazing" I take in two totally different ways.

Would you call a nexus S amazing if it were released with WebOS? I would but compared to the dual-cores its nothing too amazing to some people.
    For the first wave of devices, I think most are simply ready to get something new. We're all hoping for something amazing, but I don't expect it to happen with this batch. But.. Feb 9 will show us all!
    Yeah, keep in mind that CES just passed and we saw some pretty wild stuff. If they don't release the Atrix² I think I'll be OK. I just want something that doesn't lock up, fall apart and that I can plug freakin' headphones into (My current Pre- is a virgin!)! Anything they release will have at least a Ghz processor (or more efficient one at lower clock speed) and 512+ ram. Prolly more space too (or it sounds like cloud space). So again, as long as it doesn't fall apart that's good with me!
    yeah I think most people are looking to far into it. Nothing too amazing is different then saying nothing amazing you are def correct. To me it sounds like a typical high end device prob, and nothing not seen before.
    [sarcasm] If HP/Palm doesn't show up with a 1.5 gHz quad core device with retina display I jumping ship next month [/sarcasm]
    I just want something current and more sturdy than my Pre (-)

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Who are these "tipsters?" Seems like they have an inside man that they planted their to get all this info. Info that no one even knows is true. Its like a secret undercover mission. lol. I don't believe "tipsters"
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    yeah I think most people are looking to far into it. Nothing too amazing is different then saying nothing amazing you are def correct. To me it sounds like a typical high end device prob, and nothing not seen before.
    I disagree. I think if they'd made a device as thin as an iPhone 4 and amazing looking, the tipster would have raved about it. Nothing too amazing is something slightly better than the Pre2.
    People want crazy stuff like dual cores and 1080p. Ect. I want 4ish inch screen, much better quality camera (even if its only 5 mpx, i want iphonish quality camera) 1gh is perfectly fine with 720p video. Would i like the other stuff ? Hell ya, but to me, last years offerings are perfectly fine. (oh and front facing camera) the new stuff is great i jsut want a bigger screen smoothness and a good set of cameras. So if all that is in a new webos device ill be happy, oh and retina display would be nice. Id say palm should try and make it hd, so they can say they have a 1up. 720p shouldnt be too crazy considering the iphone is 640 and 3.5 inches a 4 inch 720 could be very possible.
    It seems pretty awesome to me

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    I disagree. I think if they'd made a device as thin as an iPhone 4 and amazing looking, the tipster would have raved about it. Nothing too amazing is something slightly better than the Pre2.
    "Amazing" vs "Too Amazing" or whatever this tipster point was is in the eyes of the beholder, and thats a fact jack.

For instance, I think the Mercedes S550 black or white with the AMG kit is an "AMAZINGLY" beautiful car, while my wife who is a BMW girl, not so much.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 01/19/2011 at 09:04 PM.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    I just want something current and more sturdy than my Pre (-)
    i would be very very happy with a pre 2. but if i can get something even better ... if i have to wait another 3 or 4 months thats also good.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Who are these "tipsters?" Seems like they have an inside man that they planted their to get all this info. Info that no one even knows is true. Its like a secret undercover mission. lol. I don't believe "tipsters"

i heard its a local sprint rep...
    I am with everyone here in that i dont need to be blown away...anything inbetween the Evo and the Atrix would be fantastic.
    Last edited by Riboflavin; 01/19/2011 at 04:47 PM.
    If it's dual core and thin, they can take all my money now

well enough to purchase the phone.
    Nothing "amazing" ???

Does anyone remember this SuperUberPre design that members suggested a few months ago If HP delivers even half of those ideas, no one will be able to look at in and not say, "AMAZING!!!"

http://forums.precentral.net/future-...etalife-4.html
    For most people the pre or pre2 are outdated hardware, there are even sliders with keyboards, this is soo yesterday. Or a pixi with its tiny display and no facecam and just the 1mpx camera on the back. Pfff this is something for granny.

At the moment all other "top of the notch"-devices are on the same wave. No keyboard, one bigh screen, some bigger some apple's. The pre and pixi with its keyboards are not mainstream. 1GHz or 1,2GHz (which i believe will be used) are also no big deal at the moment. 1GB RAM is also nothing which would popp out eyes of anybody.

So what if there is a pixi 2 with slightly bigger screen, front cam, 5mp backcam, better speaker, 1800mA battery, scratchproof-display,1GB RAM, 1,2 GHz (witch can be OC to 1,8 :P) same design*. Most will say, noting to amazing, I would say: Holy macarony!!!

* cool would be also a backcover out of aluminium. Just the HP Palm logo is a cricle of plastic for the touchstone and on the left and right sight there are some rubber parts build in for the detachment.

An Pre 3 half the thickness of the pre2 with 2GHz and 1GB Ram would also be not so amazing, but i bet there would be lots of pre users which would love it.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    HP seems to be putting all their efforts into tablets, maybe because that market is still developing and they have a better chance of making a splash. They probably hope that the synergy between their tablets and phones will then make the phones more attractive. Personally, I just want a darned Pre 2. Come on Verizon, whats the hold-up?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast