1.    #1  
    Last edited by RoverNole; 01/19/2011 at 12:51 PM.
    link dead... pulled?
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Looks like more evidence indicating the impending demise of the Palm brand.
    Isn't TouchPad what serves as a "mouse" on my netbook?
    and that's supposed to be surprising how?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Palm Touchstone for phones becomes HP Touchpad for larger devices?

Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Looks like more evidence indicating the impending demise of the Palm brand.
    Why are you and a lot of other people so hung up on the Palm brand? WebOS is what's important, webOS is why HP bought Palm in the first place, and webOS is what will live on and evolve.

What difference does it make whether webOS devices will be sold under the name Palm, HP or Super Fun Little Techno Gadget Brand?
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    TouchPad sounds better than PalmPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Why are you and a lot of other people so hung up on the Palm brand? WebOS is what's important, webOS is why HP bought Palm in the first place, and webOS is what will live on and evolve.
    I, for one, wish HP would drop the Palm brand - it's recent history only serves to remind consumers of the dying gasps of a failing company. HP doesn't need to carry that baggage around.

Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    What difference does it make whether webOS devices will be sold under the name Palm, HP or Super Fun Little Techno Gadget Brand?
    Brand actually means a lot. It's why low quality tech companies like Goldstar change their name to LG. It's why so many haters get their panties in a bunch when Apple succeeds with seemingly simple products. Keeping webOS associated with Palm holds webOS back. HP knows this - it's why they now officially call it HP webOS.