1.    #1  
    Anyone have opinions on whether I get a 270 with T-Mobile vs. a 300 with Sprint?

I'm leaning towards the 300 because of the lack of GPRS with T-Mobile on the Treo right now, and because I'm told Sprint's network is currently faster than T-Mobile's GPRS (?).

Any opinions?
    You should find the answer in who has the best signal in the areas you plan to use it.
    If you ever want to travel, your Sprint PCS phone won't work overseas. The rest of the world is on the GSM sytem, such as the one T-mobile is on. However, the most important factor is if the phone works at your house.
    I concur. Find the carrier with the best coverage in your area. The T-Mobile GPRS update is so close (mid October) that it doesn't really matter. Also take a look at the cost of the plans. There are some sweet T-Mobile plans while Sprint strikes me as needlessly costly.
    For e-mail and Web usage, the 300 is currently the only device that can maintain an always-on connection (without incurring ongoing online charges).

The GPRS upgrade for the 270 is supposed to provide a similar always-on data experience, but the big questions are: (1) when will the GPRS upgrade be available, (2) how fast will it be, (3) what will the carriers charge for GPRS service, and (4) will the 270 allow users to use voice and data features simultaneously?
    The GPRS upgrade for the 270 is supposed to provide a similar always-on data experience, but the big questions are: (1) when will the GPRS upgrade be available, (2) how fast will it be, (3) what will the carriers charge for GPRS service, and (4) will the 270 allow users to use voice and data features simultaneously?

1.) GPRS patch is available now asian patch works fine also according to treo central article 1.1 patch will be available by sometime in oct.
    2.) real fast alot faster then dial up
    3.) t-mobile charges 19.99 for 5MG
    39.99 for 10 MG
    59.99 for 20 MG
    4.) yes i can receive a call while i am using the internet or reading my mail

fred