Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    that was part of the reason that steered me away from an iPhone, iTunes.
    iTunes is the most mundane and cumbersome music software to hit the planet. I prefer organizing my stuff via general genres in a folder. It works out extremely well. It would urk the hell out of me when I would throw a party and watched some clown pull up iTunes on my computer and spend 10 minutes sifting through endless line of text to find music. I ended up deleting iTunes and downloading program similar to Media Monkey ( cant rember the name right now) and burying that sucker in the depths of my Vaio so no one would find it.
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    Clues:
    1.- Todd Bradley said before, that HP will be launching 2 smartphones every 2 months. Total 6 devices for the 2011.
    2 phones every 2 months? A year has 12 months, yah, so 6 sets of 2 months? So wouldn't that actually be 12 phones in 2011?

...and devices outside of phones are to be counted separately?

...for example, if the 3 rumored tablets pans out, would that be a total of 15 webOS devices plus any other unforeseen toasters, printers, etc.?

That can't quite be right, can it?

I expect Todd Bradley must have said something a little different...can anyone remember the source referred to here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    2 phones every 2 months? A year has 12 months, yah, so 6 sets of 2 months? So wouldn't that actually be 12 phones in 2011?

...and devices outside of phones are to be counted separately?

...for example, if the 3 rumored tablets pans out, would that be a total of 15 webOS devices plus any other unforeseen toasters, printers, etc.?

That can't quite be right, can it?

I expect Todd Bradley must have said something a little different...can anyone remember the source referred to here?
    The message didn't come directly from T.B. It was a supposed HP all employee announcement reported by someone in the forums. And it was ONE smart phone every two months.

Rumors: Pixi 2 launching on SFR next month; HP / Palm to step up device releases in 2011 | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community
    One more piece of evidence - jerseydevil in our forums just sat in on an "HP All Employee Broadcast" wherein HP VP Todd Bradley said that "the smallest smartphone ever available" would launch on SFR in France next month. Rings true to us, SFR is fast becoming the Palm's coziest carrier - they're still the only one to have launched the Palm Pre 2 with webOS 2.0.

Bradley also claimed that HP / Palm would step up their releases next year "HP will ship a new smartphone every two months." That's an agressive schedule, though naturally it still won't hold a candle to the flood of Android devices hitting the market practically every week.
    Forum link: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2790132
    Last edited by Psychonaut; 01/19/2011 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Added forum link.
    Quote Originally Posted by remmy123 View Post
    iTunes is the most mundane and cumbersome music software to hit the planet. I prefer organizing my stuff via general genres in a folder. It works out extremely well. It would urk the hell out of me when I would throw a party and watched some clown pull up iTunes on my computer and spend 10 minutes sifting through endless line of text to find music. I ended up deleting iTunes and downloading program similar to Media Monkey ( cant rember the name right now) and burying that sucker in the depths of my Vaio so no one would find it.
    iTunes doesn't allow you to define and sort by genre?
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    As a music/media manager iTunes is fine.. It's the itunes/app store that kills the experience for me...

May be you can straighten out a misconception I may have...

IPhone, can you drop music/media in w/o iTunes?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Believe it or not, simply using windows and telling it to utilize the folder setting to hold music files works way better than iTunes.

Not to mention the fact that these days, WMP actually is a pretty darn good media player as well. I actually find it able to perform playback in a better sound quality than iTunes and Winamp. You wont hurt my feelings if you call me a troll. I use my optical jack on my Vaio sending it straight to my H/K receiver powering my Paradigm speakers and after comparing all three, WMP does it better. But thats just me.
  7. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    This is why we have a classic! one sync a month to add new music! :-)
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    march topaz tablet
    Any time anybody body slams an Apple fan boy site like Engadget, it's a good thing. They been hatin on the Pre since launch day. Awesome job HP!
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    The only possible reason why Sprint could get an exclusive release on smartphones is because it's WIMAX is already built out as opposed to Verizon LTE, AT&T HSPA+ and eventual LTE next year, and T-Mobile HSPA+ which all fall under the 4G label(even though 4G was originally spec'd at way faster rates).

While WIMAX certainly isn't everywhere, it still was the first out and HP Palm has had more time to design a WIMAX phone. LTE with Verizon is rolling out now but even with Verizon zerg rushing markets it will still have growing pains. AT&T won't be rolling their LTE till late this year into 2012 I believe.
  11. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clintwinstead View Post
    Any time anybody body slams an Apple fan boy site like Engadget, it's a good thing. They been hatin on the Pre since launch day. Awesome job HP!

I'll be amazed if that's not co-ordinated from the outset. Many 'scoops' are done that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    I'll be amazed if that's not co-ordinated from the outset. Many 'scoops' are done that way.
    Leaks were intentional.

Expect 6 WebOS Devices minimum this year.

You guys ain't seen anything yet.
    6 or more
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I just switched to androod via evo and its been providing me with a lot of fun tweaking around and customizing, downloading a wide variett of apps that do different things utilizing the camera, compass, mic, all things that wwbos cannot do yet (i know i know it can do some) and the only thing that really annoys me is the way multitasking works. Yes, it does it, but just not as elegantly as webos. I cannot wait until an assload of more webos devices come out, the sdk allows more, and developers do more for webos, because THAT will im sure fill in the gap that is keeping me on the evo right now. Oh ya, and a decent office and document scanner app- thats stuff i really need for my job
    well I dont read much into publicity stunts, but I assume the 9inch tablet to be released in march as rumored, and a smartphone or 2 prob between feb and march on a few carriers. I of course suspect Sprint is one carrier with a high end one coming in june as well (if the intial is not high end) and one to Verizon. Then AT&T after that, not sure with Tmobile though. Then the 7 inch tablet by september in time for kids to go back to school.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    astraith,

you agreed and disagreed with my post.

I didn't say the evo didn't sell well, just that it wasn't a killer device in the way the original droid or iphone were in terms of overall sales, simply because they were exclusive to one carrier, a smaller one in sprint. The evo has done fine, but it woulda sold alot more devices if it was available on multiple carriers when it launched. Same thing with the original pre- if it was released on vzw, att, and sprint palm woulda sold many more devices. Remember,
    I'm talking about sales, not quality of the devices.

samsung got it right with the galaxy S series. Multiple carriers, tweaked accordingly, as you mentioned.
    I like the Samsung model as well, but HTC revealed in their last financials that they sold three million Evos on Sprint, and Samsung's last numbers indicate that they sold four million US Galaxy S devices...across all four carriers.

With the RIGHT device, an exclusive can work. But it's gotta be the right one.
    Quote Originally Posted by clintwinstead View Post
    Um what?

1. The pre and pre plus were both reviewed well on the site.
    2. Josh Topolsky, the editor in chief, has stated many times how WebOS is his favorite phone OS in terns of usability/UI design.
    3. All gadget sites feature heavy Apple news because guess what? Apple news drives traffic...good or bad. Look at apple articles on Engadget and then notice how they are all the ones with the most comments.

There is no bias across a website...people have personal opinions at the end of the day but you can't label a website as being bias unless its run by one person.
    True, Josh Topolsky is crazy for webOS. And I don't think that HP 'slammed' Engadget, more like a playful nudge
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    This was awesome; at least we know that HP Palm pays attention to rumors lol

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Another theory is HP themselves are the ones who leaked all this themselves...

Do you honestly think a mass marketing mail like that gets written up and trickled within an organization as large as HP and sent out THAT fast, on the day of the leak?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast