Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 73
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    “Think you saw the latest on Engadget? Think again.” ...To me this means that the tablets Engadget wrote about aren't the latest itterations (maybe they're older renderings). Just a thought.
    To me this means there still is hope for a Sprint table this year.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    Awesome marketing
    We have never heard from this describing a Palm product. Lets hope this continues.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    Clues:
    1.- Todd Bradley said before, that HP will be launching 2 smartphones every 2 months. Total 6 devices for the 2011.

    2.- On the Palm Blog before post Twas the week after Christmas , one of the lines of that poem says: "More smartphones are coming in two-o-one-one."

    3.-Phones are coming The Manta and the Broadway.

    4.- HP has made a casting call for young people for Topaz ,Manta and Broadway devices

    5.- HP webos tablet is coming in March 2011, according to foxnews.

    The pictures from engadget are old pics of a before prototype. Remember HP/Palm did not show something about webos devices at CES 2011, were watching the competition to make a final decision about how those 3 webos devices will come up and still.

    “So we’ve announced February 9th we have a broad public set of announcements, broadly about the future of webOS and the breath of products that it’ll enable.” Todd Bradley
    Clearly I think this means they will have some mystery device (likely a phone) ready to launch 2/9 on some carrier and perhaps the 9" tablet, which engadget didn't have a date on, is ready for immediate launch.

    O/w I can't see what HP is making a big deal about, cuz the launch dates were July and September. If they want to make a big fuss, it's clearly cuz they have something ready for immediate launch.

    My guess (we shall see after 2/9 what happens):
    1. New phone 2/9 on sprint
    2. 9" tablet on sprint
    3. Maybe even a netbook for launch 2/9

    Later on 7" tablet as the engadget post said on AT&T followed by more phones for the other carriers, etc, etc

    Just pure speculation here. (I want to post this now and come back on 2/9 and see how funny or hopefulyl how true this turns out to be)
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    “Think you saw the latest on Engadget? Think again.” ...To me this means that the tablets Engadget wrote about aren't the latest itterations (maybe they're older renderings). Just a thought.
    This is exactly what i think, that, or they arent real. Either way it implies hp has something better coming and im looking forward to it.
  4. #24  
    Why does everyone on precentral think hp will only release first on sprint?

    Sprint exclusives do not lead to tremendous sales for manufacturers.
    Look at the pre, the pixi, the blackberry flip phone, and even the evo and epic. I bet the sales of the latter two devices pale in comparison to the number of droid 1 and 2, incredible, and droid x devices sold on vzw.

    Unless carriers pay a tremendous Amount to carry an exclusive to make up the difference for fewer sales, I see hp releasing whatever devices they have on AT&T and vZw simultaneously along with sprint. This will maximize whatever sales they do make. It will be a struggle to convince people to switch from android or iOS or even blackberry if the webos devices are only released on one carrier
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    Clearly I think this means they will have some mystery device (likely a phone) ready to launch 2/9 on some carrier and perhaps the 9" tablet, which engadget didn't have a date on, is ready for immediate launch.

    O/w I can't see what HP is making a big deal about, cuz the launch dates were July and September. If they want to make a big fuss, it's clearly cuz they have something ready for immediate launch.

    My guess (we shall see after 2/9 what happens):
    1. New phone 2/9 on sprint
    2. 9" tablet on sprint
    3. Maybe even a netbook for launch 2/9

    Later on 7" tablet as the engadget post said on AT&T followed by more phones for the other carriers, etc, etc

    Just pure speculation here. (I want to post this now and come back on 2/9 and see how funny or hopefulyl how true this turns out to be)
    +1 I will watch both posts after Feb 9 , as well.
    Think big, think small, think beyond and think again are blowing my mind
  6. #26  
    I think they leaked those photos on purpose as a red herring. How else could they have had a response ready like that? At HP that approval process would take months!
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I think they leaked those photos on purpose as a red herring. How else could they have had a response ready like that? At HP that approval process would take months!
    HP probably had 3 or 4 responses ready for this sort of leak (if it had been a true leak) so they could have had it out in an hour if they wanted.

    But ye my posts seems to point out that its quite well planned, but I don't think it was all for media hype.
  8. #28  
    what about the release dates? do you guys feel as if they were part of the inaccurate 'marketing hype' to be taken with a grain of salt? i hope to god they are not accurate. i really want a Palmpad but the Ipad 2 is going to look extremely tempting once it hits this Spring.
  9. #29  
    Take any of this stuff with a grain of salt (especially release dates). It will all be nothing more than guesses until Feb 9.
  10. #30  
    Man I love all this. Feb. 9th can not come soon enough...

    My guess is that they will have a phone ready for release about a month after their press announcement on Feb. 9th. Remember, it has to go through the FCC (which the latest Verizon iphone didn't until the day they announced it) and it has to be shipped out to all the stores, which we would have heard happening through BGR or Engadget by now....

    One thing is for sure, we have something to look forward to!
  11. #31  
    THINK YOU SAW THE LATEST ON ENGADGET? THINK AGAIN.

    HP might be telling us that this an old pic of the tablet in early stages. if you look at the picture it has an old version of WebOS ( no stacks)

    meaning it will be something more elegant,better.

    Just Saying!!!
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    Why does everyone on precentral think hp will only release first on sprint?

    Sprint exclusives do not lead to tremendous sales for manufacturers.
    Look at the pre, the pixi, the blackberry flip phone, and even the evo and epic. I bet the sales of the latter two devices pale in comparison to the number of droid 1 and 2, incredible, and droid x devices sold on vzw.

    Unless carriers pay a tremendous Amount to carry an exclusive to make up the difference for fewer sales, I see hp releasing whatever devices they have on AT&T and vZw simultaneously along with sprint. This will maximize whatever sales they do make. It will be a struggle to convince people to switch from android or iOS or even blackberry if the webos devices are only released on one carrier
    You know, your right. The Pre did so well on ATT and Verizon. So well Verizon is just bragging about having their exclusive Pre 2 (with a TBA release date -- but sometimg before 2010 -- oh, wait, thats over).

    A Blackberry flip phone? Just say that again. Did the first BB Flip phone sell as well as the BB Bold (original?).

    You really don't think the EVO sold well? It was one of the best phones sold last year, and it did sell very well. As did the Epic 4G. And Galaxy S as a whole sold very well. Show me proof that the EVO and Epic did not sell well.

    However I do agree that HP will release their phones on all carriers. I see them making exclusives for each carrier, ala Galaxy S series. This way each carrier can tweak the device (like the Epic having a keyboard) and allows HP to brag about how their HP MYTE Series (whatever it will be called!) sold just as much as the iPhone 5 (think about it -- if they launch 500k on 3 carriers, thats 1.5m phones that could be sold in just a few days).

    However, even though I have made this point before, I didn't say it was because phones can sell well on Sprint. Sprint has 49 millions customers, and I would be willing to bet most of those customers use the everything data plan. Why wouldn't these customers buy into an amazing product?
  13. #33  
    <thread merged>
    <thread cleaned>
  14. #34  
    While I'm pretty sure that IS the new tablet or at least 95% close, I think either :
    A. Someone leaked old information and HP jumped in really quick to prevent a lot of bad spin off because of it's release date and the old webOS graphic on it.

    or

    B. HP did infact purposely leaked it.

    However, I don't think HP really meant in it's shout out about more actual devices (not like in a "You aint seen nuthin yet" instance), but they're saying to Engadget that the 'latest' info on the tablets from the leak is in fact out of date.
  15. #35  
    astraith,

    you agreed and disagreed with my post.

    I didn't say the evo didn't sell well, just that it wasn't a killer device in the way the original droid or iphone were in terms of overall sales, simply because they were exclusive to one carrier, a smaller one in sprint. The evo has done fine, but it woulda sold alot more devices if it was available on multiple carriers when it launched. Same thing with the original pre- if it was released on vzw, att, and sprint palm woulda sold many more devices. Remember,
    I'm talking about sales, not quality of the devices.

    samsung got it right with the galaxy S series. Multiple carriers, tweaked accordingly, as you mentioned.

    hp needs to do the same. Sprint customers have to give up the notion of a webOS exclusive at launch. Hp already has an uphill battle ahead trying to convince people to switch to webOS or get their first smartphone with webOS. If hp releases a sprint exclusive, it will sell a modest number of devices esp if backed up by a
    desirable product and advertising, but it will not do well in overall sales numbers. The device (s) MUST be released on vzw and/or att, along with the smaller carriers.
  16. #36  
    I disagree with your Evo theory. Yes, it did very well with Sprint. But if it were up against all the other hitters out there, it would have had to go up against every two weeks flavor of an android phone and would have quickly perished. It did so well on Sprint because frankly, its been about the only super phone they have offered for awhile.

    In HP's & Sprints case, its going to tick off a lot of people if its exclusive to Sprint out the gate. It would be a really bad thing for webOS although I do feel regardless, this time around webOS is going to garner a hell of a lot more attention. From what I have witnessed on forums and in the wild alike, webOS is the only software that can rip an iPhone out of the hands and land in its place... according to many iPhone owners

    On another note, if Sprint doesnt jump on this they are totally effing up.
    Last edited by remmy123; 01/18/2011 at 11:21 PM.
  17. #37  
    • Something, anything, but give us something the crowd screams
    • There's nothing new coming it seems
    • That's just rumors they then shout
    • Leaks, no hard information or specs they all pout
    • That's it, I'm moving on, getting something fun
    • Later it will be Oh my gosh, what have I done?
    • Another device, my upgrade is gone
    • And now I'm stuck, with a "kinda like mePhone"
  18. #38  
    I hope they all sync with itune lol! I don't use itunes I just like it when palm sticks it to apple. At the end of the show they need to be like "oh and one more thing... All of our new items sync with itunes... Again."
  19. #39  
    that was part of the reason that steered me away from an iPhone, iTunes.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2˘ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  20. #40  
    it's likely the new phone will be same specs as the tablet. 1.2ghz front and rear cameras verizon LTE and at&t 3g. Nothing about sprint... Hmmm.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions