1.    #1  
    HP is holding with youtube an e-print live improv event in Jan 21st, 3 p.m ET

The purpose of the show, called “H.P. ePrint Live,” will be to demonstrate a new H.P. technology, ePrint, which enables people who want to print files or photographs to send them from mobile devices to Web-connected H.P. printers, each with a unique e-mail address.

The live stream of the show (youtube.com/hpeprintlive) can also be watched on Facebook (facebook.com/hphome) and on mobile devices (hpeprintlive.mobi).

H.P. is also promoting ePrint in other ways. For instance, printers are being given to stars of reality TV series who are sharing their experiences on blogs and Twitter. Among them are David Bromstad of “Color Splash” on HGTV.

H.P. is also running a campaign for ePrint in traditional media, created by another Omnicom agency, Goodby, Silverstein & Partners in San Francisco. In a television commercial, a file being e-mailed by a man on an island vacation to his printer at work is personified by a chunk of the island that suddenly breaks off and starts floating from the tropics to his office in Manhattan.

“Introducing the new Web-connected printers with ePrint from H.P.,” an announcer says. “Print from any mobile device so your ideas can be there, even when you’re not.”

After “H.P. ePrint Live” ends, the show will be edited into segments that will run as promoted — that is, sponsored — videos on YouTube.

And the performers will continue to create clips based on ideas that consumers submit from Saturday through Jan. 26. The results will be posted on Facebook and YouTube and copies e-mailed to those who had suggested the ideas.

Watch a sample video I captured from youtube, where you can see the Palm Pre working with e-print. and some images of it after the video.

Link: NYT : http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/18/bu...?_r=1&src=tptw
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2.    #2  
    I found this video about HP e-print for the Palm Pre .

More than the actual technology, which is actually pretty cool, I like that this shows HP actually has something resembling a clue about marketing their technology. They'll need to be across basically all media getting the word out and this, I think, is a promising step.

Gargoyle
    Was there ever a question about whether or not HP knew how to market? Just because they haven't done so already (with regards the smartphone sector). They ARE a pretty well known name, and it appears that they may be (NOW is the time) READY to START marketing because now they are getting their ducks all in a row
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2˘ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gargoylejps View Post
    More than the actual technology, which is actually pretty cool, I like that this shows HP actually has something resembling a clue about marketing their technology. They'll need to be across basically all media getting the word out and this, I think, is a promising step.

Gargoyle
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Was there ever a question about whether or not HP knew how to market? Just because they haven't done so already (with regards the smartphone sector). They ARE a pretty well known name, and it appears that they may be (NOW is the time) READY to START marketing because now they are getting their ducks all in a row
    Agree , printers is one the most HP profitable sector of their personal systems division. It seems HP is very happy now with what they got until now with webOS as well, and I will expect a big marketing campaing for webOS powered devices, and not only web ads.

As I posted before I have a hunch for Feb 9, HP will make a demo with smartphones, notebooks slates and maybe some apss on PCs, interconnecting and communicating each other, using webOS, and for that marketing with this kind of publicity is what they need.
  6.    #6  
    A new video : How to mobile e-print.

I have had new hp web printer for about a month now, have its email address in my contacts. So convinent. i bought something on line yesterday, got confirmation email sent to my evo, then sent it to the printer. Also have the hp picture app, just select a picture with this app, and print,, gets to the printer in about 2 seconds.

Evo-lution
    Also, my kid loves it, she goes to nickelodian app threw the printer, and selects pictures for coloring, and prints them right up. Without ever turning on the pc.

Evo-lution
  9.    #9  
    HP webos devices will have a dedicated app sometime very soon Feb 9,as well.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Your printer has a dedicated e-mail address, that you send your documents to be printed to. How long will it be before spammers are printing ads on everyone's printers via this technology?????
    All i know its very nice. Love it. I'm sure they have ways to prevent that.

Evo-lution
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Whatever this is, it will be epic (awesome or fail).

There has to be a password to the address that you're supposed to put in the subject or something. Script kiddies dream of causing a ruckus like everyone's pointing out. Kind of like spamming a fax machine.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    just got me one of this babys on qvc for $329 free shipping. Should b here by my birthday on 2/2 can't wait .
    Last edited by enice2; 01/26/2011 at 01:40 AM.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by enice2 View Post
    just got me one of this babys on qvc for $329 free shipping. Should b here by my birthday on 2/2 can't wait .
    Thats great. I am expecting more HP wireless printers models to come to South America, to buy one some time, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by vreihen View Post
    Your printer has a dedicated e-mail address, that you send your documents to be printed to. How long will it be before spammers are printing ads on everyone's printers via this technology?????
    how 'bout NOT giving out your printers email addy mmmKay???