1.    #1  
    This is not necessarily a big deal and obviously this is far away, but it sounds like HP will be rolling out a working prototype of a watch or some other wearable item made of a flexible display. "Rolling out" meaning to the U.S. Army, but it's this fall.

From A real '**** Tracy wristwatch' may be coming from HP - SiliconValley.com :

"Later this year, Hewlett-Packard researchers say, they expect to deliver to the U.S. Army a working prototype of what they're calling a "**** Tracy wristwatch" a lightweight, wearable device that soldiers in the field can use to view digital maps and other data on a flexible plastic screen that won't shatter or crack like glass.

"Though it will be spartan by design, researchers say HP's prototype could be one of the first in a new wave of products incorporating flexible electronic displays. Freed from the constraints of a rigid glass screen, designers could one day build flexible plastic displays into clothing, wall coverings and perhaps even e-readers or tablets that can roll up like a newspaper."

This isn't, in and of itself, terribly earth-shattering news, but I thought it was interesting as some kind of affirmation that some kind of end-user product will be coming out from HP. The someday-in-the-future role of webOS in such devices is obvious.

Anyway, fwiw.
    This is very cool, but like the article alludes to, we are a ways from seeing this implemented into everyday life. But I would absolutely love something like that right now!

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Remember that wrist watch phil mckiney had blacked when he was teasing the blacked out tablet and phone?
  4.    #4  
    Yep. That's exactly what I was thinking, but I forgot his name so skipped it in the OP. But, yeah, spot on.
  5.    #5  
    Good lord! It made it to a P|C cover story. Yippee for me (and the slow news cycle pre-2/9)!
    So what could be next? I remember a couple of years ago, someone invented a t-shirt that was wifi signal detector. Probably not very useful to have your screen on your tshirt, but suppose you could hae a couple of displays on your thighs of your pants while driving, or a display on your sunvisor, or a clear display you could put on your windshield as a heads up display. The possibilities could be endless.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    So what could be next? I remember a couple of years ago, someone invented a t-shirt that was wifi signal detector. Probably not very useful to have your screen on your tshirt, but suppose you could hae a couple of displays on your thighs of your pants while driving, or a display on your sunvisor, or a clear display you could put on your windshield as a heads up display. The possibilities [of accidents] could be endless.
    there, fixed!!
    I want!

In all reality, a watch that give me phone capabilities, plays media files, and is open for dev ingenuity would be quite spectacular, as that covers the vast majority of my uses for this phone right now.
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!