1.    #1  
    I was thinking about webOS, and I realize that what makes webOS so awesome and so fun is that in webOS you interact with the phone very spatially. Applications aren't abstract, you can 'fling' them around like you would in the real world. You can actually 'move' an application aside and work on something else the way you would move paper or books on your desk!

In that regard, webOS is a very human way of 'physically' interacting with stuff. Thus in response to all the 'Droid'/robotic advertizing, I think webOS should be marketed as the human way of using your phone.

What do you think?
    Not a bad idea.

But to advertise a certain way, they have to actually advertise in the first place.
    I like it. I remember that Windows used to come with sample music, and one of them was a song called "Like Humans Do."

There's the theme song.

I'd like them to do a take of on the old "for the rest of us" campaign that Apple ran years ago, something like , "Palm, the smartphone for the rest of us."
    Quote Originally Posted by ••dbdoinit View Post
    Not a bad idea.

But to advertise a certain way, they have to actually advertise in the first place.
    You don't think they'll advertise come February?
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    You don't think they'll advertise come February?
    There are many, many things over the past two years that I (and I'm not alone in this) thought they would do to help themselves that they haven't done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I like it. I remember that Windows used to come with sample music, and one of them was a song called "Like Humans Do."

There's the theme song.

I'd like them to do a take of on the old "for the rest of us" campaign that Apple ran years ago, something like , "Palm, the smartphone for the rest of us."
    That song is forever burned into my memory, and will always be associated with the bad old days of Windows. In many ways, that song has become a personal theme for me. I even bought it...

from iTunes.

As far as the marketing suggestion, I like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ••dbdoinit View Post
    Not a bad idea.

They've been advertising more and more recently. If you've been visiting P|C and other smartphone experts sites, I'm surprised you haven't seen one yet. I expect them to ramp up advertising beyond their current internet advertising once they reveal to the world their plans for webOS.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums