Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    mmm...soup
    this could very well be related to the big sprint announcement that is happening on feb 7th. If this is true sprint might be announcing LTE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gids345 View Post
    this could very well be related to the big sprint announcement that is happening on feb 7th. If this is true sprint might be announcing LTE.
    Its not a industry first to support LTE, however I guess it would be first if they were a two band network...
    What would actually be cool is a real GSM WORLD phone, with 3G frequencies of North America, Europe... and T-Mobile USA.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    I wanted to buy a Slate 500 on November 1st, so I did.

Sadly, it has not shipped yet.
    Your thoughts are usually more spot on then mine, but i think the slate 500 was like the Pre2. They were both ******* children and pushed out because they were to far along to kill much like the android printer. I feel that HP has shown us so far that they are 100% behind webOS and a tablet form factor. The Slate and the Pre 2 are the only HP products that i can think of with these availability issues, but i do not peruse the HP store daily. If there is one thing i have confidence in its HP's ability to manufacture devices because god knows they make enough of them.

I can definitely see why you feel burned, but I believe that the upcoming process will go smoother.

PS cancel that order and wait for some oak trail love.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3925 View Post
    now if these phones have the dual gsm/cdma, or wimax/lte, and i have sprint, would this allow me to roam on a gsm/lte network? if so does that mean both radios will be searching for signals all the time?
    Also...what about using Internet and talking on phone at the same time?
    Great so the investment will be future proof...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I didn't mean they wouldn't use WiMax, I just don't see why they would mix WiMax and LTE this soon. I think GSM/CDMA/WiMax makes sense, or GSM/CDMA/LTE, but not all 4 mixed together. I hope that clarifies my post.
    Agree, but I was wondering is that the think beyond in smartphones, making a new kind of global device ? Hard to say at this time, will be great if HP goes first with this kind of smartphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by PREferred View Post
    And that's what I'm afraid of! The HP "conference" is just three weeks away. I would suggest that if HP "talks" about what they want to do, and don't actually have the products, it will all be considered as just "talk" again. I hope for HP's sake the "go build" order has been given. Just to personalize this issue; I want to buy a palmpad and a new phone on February 10th. (my 2009 original pre minus is dying a slow death). I also know I am not alone in wanting these items.
    Yup. I want a new faster phone. I've decided to stick with Sprint. I will wait until Feb 9th to decide what to get. If HP has something nice in WebOS available in February, I will probably buy it. If not, the Evo Shift is looking like a viable option.
    Quote Originally Posted by alvaro_qc View Post
    What would actually be cool is a real GSM WORLD phone, with 3G frequencies of North America, Europe... and T-Mobile USA.
    There already is -- it is called the Nokia N8
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    There already is -- it is called the Nokia N8
    Without webOS, it is not an option for me. Well, it could be if it had anything but Symbian.
    Quote Originally Posted by alvaro_qc View Post
    Without webOS, it is not an option for me. Well, it could be if it had anything but Symbian.
    Same here, but I was just pointing out that there is a world phone that works on most North American carriers' 3G as well as many European carriers.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    In the interest of bumping rumors that panned out: looks like this guy was right on the money. This, along with the webOSworld article on the Palm c40, leads me to believe that the Sprint Pre3 will indeed have WiMAX after all, although it makes you wonder if there will be an LTE version as well.
    Wait, 4 radios?
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djfu3l3r View Post
    that's right guys I just heard this from a friend who works for HP
    Gonna apologize for your horrible rumor?
  16.    #56  
    dude nobody is running away! I'm just posting what I heard. It could have been a rumor for an un-named device heck I don't know. Isn't that what these forums are for? So that people can discuss news about our favorite smartphone. I'm the OP of this thread and if you can read you can clearly see where it says rumor on the title of this thread
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djfu3l3r View Post
    dude nobody is running away! I'm just posting what I heard. It could have been a rumor for an un-named device heck I don't know. Isn't that what these forums are for? So that people can discuss news about our favorite smartphone. I'm the OP of this thread and if you can read you can clearly see where it says rumor on the title of this thread
    Next time, bring more evidence to the table.
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    Gonna apologize for your horrible rumor?
    What the heck? What he posted was actually pretty close to the truth. You're focusing on the LTE part which obviously didn't pan out, but the core of the rumor was true: the phone is in fact a world phone with dual CDMA/GSM radios. Rumors like this are actually useful, unlike others that just pull stuff out of their derrières like the guy that claimed he had insider info about it having an OMAP4.

I'm sure that OP's source at HP is the real deal, but probably either embellished the info he got or didn't quite understand it properly.
    Guys, lets stay on topic. No personal attacks needed. Keep the discussions civil.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123