Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The one question you need to ask with respect to flip phones is: how is the Blackberry Style using? That's the only smartphone out there that uses a flip phone form-factor. If the Style is selling well, it's a sign that the flip phone form-factor deserves a second look. If it's not, just reserve that form-factor for phones that only make and receive calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    The one question you need to ask with respect to flip phones is: how is the Blackberry Style using? That's the only smartphone out there that uses a flip phone form-factor. If the Style is selling well, it's a sign that the flip phone form-factor deserves a second look. If it's not, just reserve that form-factor for phones that only make and receive calls.
    the style is only available on sprint, where all other blackberries are available across carriers. Secondly blackberry isn't exactly the top selling OS these days.

A true test would be a android flip but i don't think that would fit as well as a, webos flip. Most small screen android phones kinda stink especially when compared to their big screen brothers, however the Pixi isn't much different from the pre, and I think a webos flip would be kinda cool if it is done right.
    Its an interesting thought. I think webOS would work well with a nicely designed, stylish flip phone.

I can't think of a single flip on the UK market so I think there is a real gap in the market. I know I would certainly take a look.

MBF
    The original Treos were flip phones, the 600 changed that and the world ate it up (I owned one). I'm thinking the flip-phone idea's not such a good one in this day and age.
    Palm III>Sony CLIÉ S300>Sony CLIÉ N760C>Sony CLIÉ TG50 & Tapwave Zodiac 2>Handspring Treo 600>Palm Treo 700p>Palm Treo 755p>Palm Pre>FrankenPre2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12