View Poll Results: Which email client are you currently depending on for your email access?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Basejet

3 9.38%
  • Corsoft

4 12.50%
  • Eudora

14 43.75%
  • Iambic

0 0%
  • MultiMail

1 3.13%
  • Treo Mail (Internet or Corporate)

4 12.50%
  • Mark/Space

0 0%
  • Other

6 18.75%
  1.    #1  
    There's so many to choose - which do you rely on daily for using your email?

(apologies to any of the mail packages I missed)
    What about the HS bundled One-Touch?
    I use Eudora but would probably switch if I could find an e-mail program with better closed-lid usability. Even using PowerJOG, Eudora gets stuck trying to select an item from the message list without opening the lid. Once you are in a message you can use scrolling and the navigation buttons (via PowerJOG) to read all the messages with the lid closed but I can't get around that one lid-open at the start!
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Eudora for me as well. One word: spop. I use my own mailserver at the house and no way in heck am i sending cleartext passwords. Eudora rocks in that respect.

BTW, are there any other mail apps that will do spop and allow for custom certificates? As far as I know Eudora is the only one.

- matt
    Originally posted by mportune
    Eudora for me as well. One word: spop. I use my own mailserver at the house and no way in heck am i sending cleartext passwords. Eudora rocks in that respect.

BTW, are there any other mail apps that will do spop and allow for custom certificates? As far as I know Eudora is the only one.

- matt
    Well, spop secures the entire channel of communications; you don't need spop to secure your password. APOP works quite well to secure your password and there are a number of other programs that support APOP. The reason that most other apps don't support spop is a money issue. Certicom wants an arm and a leg to license their SSL implementation. Qualcomm has money to spend on the license...most other companies don't because they can't recover the cost of the license by selling more copies of the application (of course this isn't an issue if you give away the application). If there was a free SSL implementation on the Palm (I've seen some attempts, but nothing that works), I'm sure that other email apps would support it (I personally want it, but I've settled for just APOP).
    even though we have so many choices, these email programs are all different in many ways. I myself do not do most of my emailing on the treo, but on my work pc. Thus I only uses the treo to check emails after work and weekends. Therefore Corsoft Aileron is perfect for me, cause it will retrieve email only when I want it to. Unlike treomail, which the treomail server will retrieve your email 24/7 and you are left with long downloading time. Other software will sync with your desktop emailing programs and not necessarily have their own mail server.

so it's up to how you want the software to retrieve your emails: manually? automatically in certain time intervals? downloading thru your desktop emailing programs?
    I have been using Gopherking, and love it. You can open and view your picture attachments, which is invaluable IMO. Check it out here .

Craig
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."