1.    #1  
    I was thinking about how for a month we had the notion the iphone was coming to verizon. Which gave apple an extra month of advertising. I never believed that companies don't like the leaked photo stuff because all it does is create talk and speculation about their product. (No such thing as bad advertising idea) But for HP i find alot of stuff is secret, no leaked photos of hardware just a poem that just made me roll my eyes.

I'm not trying to be negative and in fact I am still loyal. In fact that is why I am angry. I just think that when you have a product that the masses have no interest in, the last thing you want to do is hide so people forget. Sorry if this redundant but I feel better now. Have a nice day.
    lol. I thought the poem was funny and I'm not really what you'd call a poem kind of person. As far as hiding, they did make an announcement that they are going to make an announcement, didnt they?? (uh oh here we go....speculation time ) Maybe they are just planning on skipping 3rd gen phones and going right into 4th.... ie LTE.... Nobody knows for sure, at least not publicly, we've been waiting for months and months and if you just can't wait another 3 weeks, or 21 days, or 504 hours, or 30,240 minutes or 1,814,400 seconds......(pick which one is easiest to deal with).....(and I know....it's hard)

With all the phones that are being released this year, if HP doesn't come out with something that suits you (whoever, not necessarily OP), something out there will. And UI's are constantly changing, everybody is copying everybody....ie cards & gestures. Even if you HAVE to go to Apple or Android, there will still be SOME familliarity (spell check ****'s have fun, I don't know if that one's right and if it is YAY)
    If a company is secretive and doesn't have something that will blow away the competition, then they are going to regret it. But if the secrecy protects their innovative IP right up to the launch window and they release shortly after the announcement with market leading tech that the other guys will have to spend month's copying, then they'll be fine.
    Why does everyone think that since Apple had an iPhone leak that everyone NEEDS to leak something now? Its their creation that they don't want anyone making a fast copy of it before they release it or even announce it. Like ReaganElephant said, if their product is innovative and unique, they have nothing to worry about.
    Quote Originally Posted by ddonahueiup View Post
    I was thinking about how for a month we had the notion the iphone was coming to verizon. Which gave apple an extra month of advertising. I never believed that companies don't like the leaked photo stuff because all it does is create talk and speculation about their product. (No such thing as bad advertising idea) But for HP i find alot of stuff is secret, no leaked photos of hardware just a poem that just made me roll my eyes.

I'm not trying to be negative and in fact I am still loyal. In fact that is why I am angry. I just think that when you have a product that the masses have no interest in, the last thing you want to do is hide so people forget. Sorry if this redundant but I feel better now. Have a nice day.
    Was it only a month that this notion of an iPhone would land at Verizon? Hasn't it been more like 2-3 yrs?
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    HP probably could use some attention right about now so I agree that a well-timed leak would not be a bad thing.
    I like the idea of a well-timed and partially misleading or even factually vague or incorrect leak. Like the Fox News PalmTab leak that actually showed the diagram for the Slate. It kept the speculation going for a little while without actually giving anything real away. They SHOULD stay away from iPad comparisons or "iPad Killer" talk...

Whatever they do, I sure hope they have some great advertising...and not just web advertising.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    Was it only a month that this notion of an iPhone would land at Verizon? Hasn't it been more like 2-3 yrs?
    haha that is a good point, but I was referring to the fact engadget and cnet and plenty of others just spent the past couple weeks talking about the iphone on verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by ddonahueiup View Post
    haha that is a good point, but I was referring to the fact engadget and cnet and plenty of others just spent the past couple weeks talking about the iphone on verizon.
    I'd still say that's been an ongoing rumor-mill story for several years - just check the Engadget Verizon iPhone tag history - which stretch back to April 2009. The most concrete "leaks" were the accessories on display at CES last week and then finally the NYC invite email sent out mid-CES.
    if you leak info then the haters and critics will cry "vaporware" all the way up until you release product....its better to stfu...
    Palm Pre 2 was leaked even before it was released and yet it didnt do much to help increase webos popularity or drive sales or have carriers trying to get it. A hint though as to whats coming would really be nice ...
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    I'd still say that's been an ongoing rumor-mill story for several years - just check the Engadget Verizon iPhone tag history - which stretch back to April 2009. The most concrete "leaks" were the accessories on display at CES last week and then finally the NYC invite email sent out mid-CES.
    It's been an unbroken thread at HoFo since Dec 2008. Almost 3000 posts in the thread so far.
    The secrecy is only good if they have something to show for it. Otherwise, "outta sight, outta mind".

Customers have plenty of other quality options.
    If the 9th feb is....

...a mindblowing event it was the right way. The press will have a lot to write about this event and HP will get advertisment for free. If you have something to show they press is writing a few days about this event and there will be many full reviews and so on.
    If they had release just pieces of information there would be just small informations and nothing special.

...not a mindlowing event it was still the right way. Why spend money for advertisment, when you have nothing to show or sale.

This is the way of apple. Keep quiet and when you have something to show, show it. Press will do the rest, you just have to show the crowd where to buy.