1.    #1  
    All of us who have used webOS know that it has a very simple, elegant, and straight to the point UI. This is one of the reasons that it makes it so intuitive and easy to use.

I was looking at the Blackberry Playbook a few days ago when they showed it off at CES. Besides the shameless stealing of cards concept and the exact same gestures, the UI did look a lot sharper and richer at first glance, than that of webOS.

We don't yet know what version of webOS HP/Palm will really show off on Feb, and from what we've seen 2.0 still looks a lot like the old 1.4.5. So my question comes down to: Will Palm update their UI to make it look sharper and more modern-looking?

Perhaps:

• Add more transparencies to the menus
    • Add animated backgrounds (similar to Android)
    • Snappier or cooler animations for when a card is tossed away or moved around
    • More customization

While these are obviously features that won't make the OS significantly more useful, they add to the wow factor that is so important when trying to catch the customer's attention. I've had used Preware's themes and I must say some of them make the phone look very sharp with just a few changes. I'd be great for Palm to give the UI a little touch up before it's showed to the world.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 01/11/2011 at 10:33 PM. Reason: fixed bullet points so spam filter wouldn't flag post
    I'm certain we'll see a different UI on February 9. The current UI is not suitable for a tablet, so for that reason alone....
    I would love a UI update! I'm kinda tired of how bland most things are. I particularly hate the stock menus and Launcher lol. Gray is such a boring color...

Edit:
    I also don't like how spread out everything is. Example: Menu rows and stock Launcher icon arrangement... I know they have to be big enough to tap easily, but I don't like all the wasted space..
    Maybe get away from the round bubbley dull colors. (its a start making the grey launcher blue and green dialer blue)

some 3D in the ui like a floating and translucent card effects
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Maybe get away from the round bubbley dull colors. (its a start making the grey launcher blue and green dialer blue)

some 3D in the ui like a floating and translucent card effects
    Yes!