Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    todd bradley interview, skip to the 2 minute mark.

"so we think about how that enables everything from smartphones, to tablets, to pcs, to potentially larger devices (look at his hands)"

Inside HP's Business

So webos pc + webos surface, or/and webos tv?

Am I hearing this right?
    Last edited by nimer55; 01/11/2011 at 11:45 PM. Reason: nvm, couldn't get the link to work.
    Good news there... Great Find!

"We are totally focused on the tablet market. Totally focused on enabling that with webOS."

"February 9th... a broad set (sic) of public announcements... broadly about webOS and the breadth of products it will effect, and it will enable."

"Frankly we think the opportunity is so huge, we chose to do it ourselves in San Francisco where people can focus on the quality of the product, the quality of the experience we've created."

Forget the trolls.. this is gonna be good
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 01/11/2011 at 07:56 PM.
    Yep , possibly larger screen devices !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Great find. What is that I smell, sniff sniff......Enyo is cooking.

Interesting question and response from 2:30-2:45. Also, HP needs to send T Bradley out more often, he does a lot better job of bringing it all home and maintaining the listeners attention.

HP will garner more media attention than they could have ever imagined at CES......cant wait until 2/9/11!
    Last edited by RoverNole; 01/11/2011 at 08:07 PM.
    He forgot to mention the toaster between tablets and PCs.

Good to hear that Feb. 9 is about more than just phones and tablets... I wonder how far along any of the other items are?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    He forgot to mention the toaster between tablets and PCs.

Good to hear that Feb. 9 is about more than just phones and tablets... I wonder how far along any of the other items are?
    9-15 months until release... in November they said "we have exciting stuff planned for the next 12-18 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    Also, HP needs to send T Bradley out more often, he does a lot better job of bringing it all home and maintaining the listeners attention.
    I actually have to agree with nole. Much prefer to hear Bradley talking than Rubinstein.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 01/11/2011 at 09:08 PM. Reason: watch the play on names please
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    I actually have to agree with a 'nole. Much prefer to hear Bradley talking than Rubinstein.
    I think they are each good at their own thing. When it comes to painting a vision, without mentioning details, bradley wins, but when it comes to talking about the actual product, rubinstein wins.

I also like it when rubinstein details the path to where they are. He mentions what happened, what they did, etc.. For bradly it's : we bought palm, that's how it started. But bradly is great at creating excitment without giving any details.
    and there was that showing of large flexible displays! Webos wallpaper confirmed!!
    Wow that was a great find and big thumbs up! Thanks...

This video confirms what I've speculated for a while that HP will have webOS interfaces in TV and large screen platforms soon. HP has made a name making Touchsmart devices using Windows and it makes since to transition and bring those interfaces up a notch using webOS and bypassing Microsoft as it primary interface.

Between Touchsmart interfacing, Mediasmart servers, and 3Par storage opportunities the options are unlimited where HP plans to go and the best part of this video interview was at 4 min or so mark where they reference HP present output across the world. Ships 1 million printers per week, 1 out of 3 servers are HP, and 68 million credit card accounts. YIKES...that is absolutely scary and certain shows HP's diversity and what sets them apart from everyone else (Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM, or otherwise).

Yes I agree completely that Tom Bradley and Phil McKinney both need to be present for the HP extravaganza making the headlines and showing what they have. Rubinstein comes across like a DB administrator who would rather be alone crunching numbers and programming then talking to people. His biggest problems as of late relates to having nothing to say simply because he can't say anything and is not as comfortable speaking in generalities as some of his upper echelon counterparts.

Feb 9th should change that completely and I'm REALLY Excited! Sorli...
    Last edited by sorli; 01/11/2011 at 10:25 PM.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    and there was that showing of large flexible displays! Webos wallpaper confirmed!!
    It sounds like your poking fun at my logic, but I honestly can't see why.

He said larger screens then tablets, unless he meant "bigger tablets", it's either a TV software (competing with apple TV, which would work with the speculations that HP is working closely with amazon which started when Jon joined amazon's board of directors), or a "Microsoft surface"-like device. I can't think of anything else.

Unless I'm being paranoid and you were simply making a joke... {This is why I hate the internet, you can never be sure of these things (says that while on the forums of a phone based off of "WEBos" )...}
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    Unless I'm being paranoid and you were simply making a joke...
    LOL... I vote paranoia
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    look @ my other thread: who wants to go to s.francisco?
    c'mon ...who's not dying to get in there?
    i bet you even all the anti-palm guys from here they dream about feb. 9...
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Wow that was a great find and big thumbs up! Thanks...

I guarantee that HP will have webOS interfaces in TV and large screen platforms soon. HP has made a name making Touchsmart devices using Windows and it makes since to transition and bring those interfaces up a notch using webOS and bypassing Microsoft as it primary interface.

Between Touchsmart interfacing, Mediasmart servers, and 3Par storage opportunities the options are unlimited where HP plans to go and the best part of this video interview was at 4 min or so mark where they reference HP present output across the world. Ships 1 million printers per week, 1 out of 3 servers are HP, and 68 million credit card accounts. YIKES...that is absolutely scary and certain shows HP's diversity and what sets them apart from everyone else (Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM, or otherwise).

I'm really looking forward to Feb 9th and yes I agree completely that Tom Bradley, Phil McKinney, and Rubi all need to be present for their HP extravaganza making the headlines and showing what they have. Sorli...

About 50 million printers, and 50 million computers per year. WOW! Since WebOs' UI is all web based, putting it on windows for the touchsmart PC's will be as easy as pie. For a while, I thought hp wasn't going to deliver, and I'd have to settle for the "other" webos tablet (playbook ), but I'm once again hopeful that HP will blow me away.
    I really needed to hear this to reassure me of HP's commitment to WebOS. Ruby comes of as really boring, the guy really made me feel doubtful about WebOS' future.

Todd is obviously much more confident and knows what people want to hear. now I'm officially, for the first time, excited for Feb 9th.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    They better fix the "too many cards" issue before they ship webOS surfaces...think of all the consumer disappointment if they realize their new table has a memory management issue!
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by JLegacy View Post
    They better fix the "too many cards" issue before they ship webOS surfaces...think of all the consumer disappointment if they realize their new table has a memory management issue!
    HAHAHAH.. Either that, or throw like 64gb of ram onto it... sounds crazy? surfaces cost $7000 (or atleast the ms one does), and 64gb probably doesn't cost hp that much money.
    9-15 months until release... in November they said "we have exciting stuff planned for the next 12-18 months.
    Wrong conclusion! If your quote is correct, the use of the word 'for' implies nothing about any earliest release date. It means any time from November until 18 months beyond there will be 'exciting stuff' happening, and Feb 9th sounds to me like it will qualify.
    Sorry johncc... off topic but do I see the face in your avatar moving or have I been smoking crack again?
    It sounds like your poking fun at my logic, but I honestly can't see why...Unless I'm being paranoid and you were simply making a joke.{
    Both. It's a joke about your logic. He's not confirming anything at all. He was more or less rephrasing "variety of interconnected devices." You can make of it what you want. He even says a minute later, "Really, what we focus on is the connected experience that we'll create." This is the same stuff as usual. He repeats this point over and over again during this interview. I find it interesting to see how people interpret these sorts of things.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast